Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: meetups and outcomes?

I made a suggestion in the Meeting Place forum to the Northern Ill. gals about getting together (in drab of course) for lunch or coffee & have had many POSITIVE responses. Hopefully this will take place in the near future. It will most likely be at a restaurant, so we are on common ground & is open to everyone who wishes to attend. If interested, send me a PM & I'll give you the specifics, when I get them.
    just north of crook county,in the land of Lincoln(if he could see it now)

is very content! Victoria Gizelle's Avatar

part 2

Ok I feel I may need to elaborate a little in regards to; I have met gurls from here and other venues, that being said; here is how it went, ok we talk on phone, chat online, meet in drab. ok so far so good. right? NO WAY, the day the meet or outing takes place, you show up with NO clothes NO makeup!! WTF! or your an old man 60 plus trying the brittney spears look OMG then you would like to borrow my things for the night. NO WAY! I am very easy going but come on PLEASE! I dont feel my expectations are high at all CAUTION is the key word here. if I say no I'm a bitch or I have an ego trip.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Victoria Gizelle

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Gizelle View Post
    . . . the day the meet or outing takes place, you show up with NO clothes NO makeup!!. . . .
    Actually that reminds me of another rule I have when meeting people. At least for the first time, it's got to be some place public. Not your house, not my house, not a hotel room. I want it to be some place where there are a lot of people around to help me out if they turn out to be creepy. There are a couple of people I have made exceptions for, but that would only be someone that I have chatted with a LOT and for a long time - many months or years.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Actually that reminds me of another rule I have when meeting people. At least for the first time, it's got to be some place public. Not your house, not my house, not a hotel room. I want it to be some place where there are a lot of people around to help me out if they turn out to be creepy. There are a couple of people I have made exceptions for, but that would only be someone that I have chatted with a LOT and for a long time - many months or years.
    Good rule of thumb Kimberly. I haven't met too many girls from here, but those that I have met, Jenee for one, have been enjoyable experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Gizelle
    the day the meet or outing takes place.....your an old man 60 plus trying the brittney spears look OMG
    Ouch... I'm one of your 60 plus (waaay plus!!) old men, but would never go out in public "trying the brittney spear look". What bothers me, I can sense a general disdain of us older folks.

Mitzi

Dana55
    hi when i dont set my expectations so high, i end up being less likely to be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Right on Kimberly, I haven't met a ton of tg folks following online correspondence but I couldn't fathom not meeting in a public place. Seems kind of like a no-brainer but still, something that needed to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Gizelle View Post
    ...you show up with NO clothes NO makeup!! WTF!...then you would like to borrow my things for the night.
    Equally unfathomable, actually it's quite a horrifying scenario for this girl to imagine.

Maybe it's a function of the type of transgendered individuals I've met through the internet. There has always been a connection besides the tg thing, usually having to do with juggling family and career with our transgendered being but even music has been a key first step in a dear friendship I made some time ago.

Just because two individuals are TG, it doesn't mean they'll have anything else in common that could sustain a friendship.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I did meet a member here for a very brief time. I was doing a girly half-day and was looking for some shoes. She was in the area, but not enfemme. I was, so it was a little awkward, I guess. Anyway, as I had already "chatted" with her multiple times before through this site, the ice was already broken. All in all, it was a good, if too brief, meeting.

Kathi

Aspiring Member
    I've never met anyone fom here or any other website, but hoping that will change by the end of the year.

Gold Member

I know this isn't the principle thing, but I feel it is an important point.

One thing I am not seeing a mentioned a lot here is how your wife/gf feels about it. There are a lot of things we do that have the potential to make our SO nervous or unhappy. Meeting people off of the internet has a stigma attached to it because of the sexual predators that are out there that appear in the news. They may be far and away the minority, but they get the press. So I think discussing it with your SO is a very important step. Otherwise, they could be worried about your safety or maybe even that you could be leaving them. Communication is the key (as always).

My wife had a boundary of my not meeting anyone when I first started posting here. I travel a lot and would love to meet regulars here. I broached the subject with her a couple of months later and she is okay with me meeting people as long as it isn't dressed. Even given that, I would check in with her each and every time an opportunity presented itself because I want her to be comfortable with what I do. If she feels like there are things that she doesn't know, then she could be worried about my activities and possibly, our relationship. I don't ever want that to happen.

I have met 1 couple from this forum… Wow… and that is an understatement, they are two of the nicest people, our very own “ Holly “ and her S.O.

We met at a nice Italian restaurant, had lunch, and visited for over an hour.

Holly had read in one of my posts, that I very much wanted to meet another CD, and just so happened, she is vacationing in my home town this week, and she suggested we meet for lunch.

I am still in Awe, I am not sure how I expected it to go, it was just a group of people, enjoying a good meal, and great conversation, we talked about Jobs, Vacationing, Family, told jokes, Holly had a Great one, something about 2 birds with one stone
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/