Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you crossdress for Fun, or to be a woman?

When I dress, I do my best to look like a woman. It's fun, yes, and the clothing is softer to the touch. In fact, I find women's attire delightful. But I don't do it for comfort, really. I do it because I find wearing women's clothing wonderful, and I like looking and feeling like a woman as much as I am able to.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I like the wig and the make-up and it's all fun for me. I don't 'get off' on it so I don't dress for the seual thrill, I don't need to dress, I just like it, especially the fun aspect.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

At first as a teen, my dressing was for sexual pleasure, though I can remember back then wshing I could magically turn into a girl at will. Throughout the years, the frequency of my dressing would come and go. One thing I found interesting was if I was able to spend one on one quality time with a female I admired, such as on a rare date, the urge to crossdress wasn't as strong.

Sometime around last October or November, when the country started to tank, my dressing really took over. I've spent at least $1000 on new clothes the past few months. Between the economy and being in a job I don't like much but feel lucky to have, the dressing has become more for stress relief. There is still often sexual pleasure from it and I find myself wishing more so that I was an attractive young woman now, but I think the wishing is trying to escape and I know I'd still have problems of some other kind as a different person/gender.

The stress factor is strongest now. Monday and Tuesday, I was too tired to dress except for the panties I had on and sleepwear when I went to bed. Wednesday, I was so stressed and depressed from work that as soon as I got home, I had to put on a dress and wig. When Joanie was back in the foreground, I immediately felt better about myself. When I would go back to drab, I would start to feel depressed again. So I would say the dressing is for fun, to be a woman, and to escape my problems for awhile.

I like to dress for a variety of reasons. 1) I truly believe that I have a lot of female traits. 2) Which is why female clothing "feels more natural" to me. 3) Their clothes are a lot more interesting then male clothing.

Like some on this forum, I wish I had either been born female or at the least had been more active earlier.
    You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world.

Kim

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    If you were to ask my partner that question he'd say he likes to feel like a woman but he also thinks its fun. If you were to ask me why I support him, apart from the fact that I love him, I think its fun.

There is nothing more therapeutic than having a bit of fun after a hard week at work and escaping from reality.
    Take care
    Bev
    Bev, you and my late wife would have gotten along very well! She thought the same as you! It was fun for her as well as me.

After looking at the Avatars of those who dress 24/7, I can certainly understand why! If I was anywhere near that good looking as a female I might be inclined to dress 24/7 also. Even with my late wife's help I couldn't look that good! But as I said in my opening post, I am a man and don't want to be a woman! Sure do like to wear their clothes though!!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 07-31-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Corrected wording!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

When I was younger it was more for fun. Now, I do my best to appear to be and act like a lady every time.
    Hugs, Carole

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie
    How many of you ladies dress just for the fun of wearing feminine clothing? Not to be a woman, or for sexual purposes, or to even look like a female. In other words, you dress just because you like to!

[SIZE="2"]I don’t think you can “be” a woman simply by dressing like one, but that never stops me from trying, and that’s what makes it fun…[/SIZE]

When I dress it is becase I want to be the women I was ment to be. I feel I was born in the wrong body sometimes I would say about 85% of the time I wish I was a women with all the parts that would be wonderful. I also think women have the best clothes they are so pretty and soft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Surely the art is in being able to do both? Genetic women do..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Although I can not remember ever not wanting to be a girl so I could wera the pretty dresses, I can honestly say that I dress for the FUN OF IT. I don't always try to look feminine while I'm dressed, in fact most of the time I don't wear make-up, Just a pair of panties and a bra, shorts tees, capris and a shell top, skirt and blouse, or a dress. I just love the way it all feels and therefore I wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrylee61 View Post
    I have without doubt a female gender brain and always have had. If I were a young person and not over 60, I would transition in a heartbeat. In my youth, I was well aware of this fact and general had more knowledge about the issue than most Dr's and Shrinks.

Do I regret my life.. no but it would have been a whole lot easier for me to have the right body all these years.

Hugs
    Kerry
    Same here. Sigh

I dress for many reasons. Part of it is sexual, no doubt about it. But even still, I dress to express who I am and how I feel. Even when I'm in drab mode, I'm underdressed 100% of the time. Unfortunately, my ability to completely dress is limited at the moment, and I miss that.

Wanting to be a woman? 50% says YES YES RIGHT NOW!! The other half says ER, MAYBE NOT. Don't know. It's incredibly difficult with a wife and kids to consider, for sure.

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    I have many feelings about what it is to FEEL like a woman. With all due respect to all women, I can sometimes understand a womens feelings, but not quite identify with those feelings.But when I slip into my pantyhose, I feel very girly.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Oh my, it's just a lot of fun and part of that fun is to change my perspective just a little from male toward female. I don't know how to parse the parts of the question because it's all connected.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

i dress to be and feel like a woman 100%

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

never would have thought I'd be doing this!

Until a few years ago I hated halloween, couldn't imagine taking on a character role in a play or musical, and doing anything that would in any way infer that I was anything but male was simply not even on the radar screen.

Over a short period of time a few years ago, after losing about 30 pounds, I not only didn't fit into my clothes, but male clothes like jeans just didn't fit correctly. Shirts all had to be tailored because of my waist is already 6 inches less than my chest. We started joking that I'd fit into some of the clothes my wife was thinking of discarding that no longer fit her.

Well that started a conversation that ended up in 1) a philisophical discussion about "women's" views of actions/decisions/thoughts and "women's" organizational ideas, all of these as opposed to male notions of the same issues. There is a lot of literature on this, so we sure didn't have to make it up ourselves, but what we found is that I seem to naturally understand some of it, but some of it was totally foreign to me. I wanted to know more because I could see that there were issues I didn't understand.

The last straw was when we decided to see what I looked like in some of this "discarded" clothing (and new purchased to make up an ensemble), my wife wanted to see me in a dress!!!

This confluence generated Tina. Tina is clearly a part of my mind that was unorganized until 4 years ago (almost to the day!). We are trying to understand who she is, and I have to say it is a fascinating adventure and exploration.

So, with that preamble, I dress because that's who Tina is. She is a feminine creature attempting to understand as much about the feminine approach to life as it is possible for a body with my chromosonal structure to understand. When Tina is here...I'm Tina and that's all there is to it. Some of her characteristics are startlingly different from my male mode! She's even left handed (male is right handed) and I'm really not joking about that. Happily, that wonderful wife who discovered Tina helps to treat her as a third person, not me in a dress because she understands how different Tina is.

Two personalities, two identities, one set of mental data, but definitely two approaches to life!

I say both. I do it for fun because I like the process of dressing. Doing my make up, picking out clothes, putting them on and finishing "the look".

The other part of me at times wishes I was a woman with all the parts that come along with it. I can wear forms and feel the weight of my "breasts" on my chest, but at the end of the day off they come. I can wear a prostetic vagina and look like a woman from the waist down, but at the end of the day it comes off. At times, I have wondered what it would be like to have these parts permantly and my dressing wasn' unusual in that I do it every so often, but the usual in doing it day in and day out.

Amy

It is both for me. In my younger days, all for fun. Currently, I feel like I want to be a woman. Sigh....

I have no desire to be a woman. I like dressing, wearing make-up,etc. I also love wearing skirts but don't do it often enough in order to blend in when going out. If it were acceptable for men to wear heels, skirts and make-up, I might not be a crossdresser.

For me it's primarily for fun, and also to express a totally opposite side of myself from the everyday profile. There is a part of me that wants to pass, or feel as though I am for that time, a woman - and the remainder - well, because I'm not supposed to! (according to our society). Gives me a chance to throw some rules out the window.

Clear as mud, right?

Its fun to be a woman

"Do you crossdress for Fun, or to be a woman?"

Isn't it fun to be a woman? I can't really separate these two. I am much more content when in female mode, and therefore have more fun.

- Diane

When I was 12 and I was invited into my 14 & 16 year old female cousin's bedroom, the sisters had wordrobes like I've never seen. .... That got permamently branded into my psyche. The way they freely persued it blew my mind. They seemed to be having too much fun, and I was jealous.

On the road to CD'ing thoughts I went. The visceral/visual aspect of human expression is what made the impression on me.

I never saw myself as a gender, I just acted as I always have. I enjoy the male role, but I'm convinced that females have all the fun when dressing. It's just another planet (femininity, that is).....and naturally I like to explore the universe.

Both

It is fantastic fun and I'd love to be a woman and live my life out that way. So mark me down for both, greedy little thing that I am.
    Dawn

Feel free to message me.x Natalie tv's Avatar
    I dress for the pleasure but i do try to look as femme as possible, i would like bigger breasts but that is all i wish for...
    [SIZE="5"]NAT.xx [/SIZE]