Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If full transitioning were 100% socially acceptable

Talking

Nah... But I'll take a little (alright, a lot) of liposuction if they're offering that.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laurap View Post
    If transitioning were 100% socially acceptable and fully funded by society,how many would consider it? How many of us have looked at GGs and wish and sigh?
    I would but at 36 maybe it's too late for me
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't think so. Maybe years and years ago I would have walked that path, but now it would have to come with a trip to the fountain of youth and a full memory erase. Thanks, but I'll give mine up to that young lady over there who isn't just a CD but really has a need to transition.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Gold Member
    Well this thread is kind of depressing.
    Would I do it? Of course.

As I am now, I pass pretty good if I am dolled up enough and on a good day, but it just sucks cause I hate being seen as male at all.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Well this thread is kind of depressing.
    Would I do it? Of course.

As I am now, I pass pretty good if I am dolled up enough and on a good day, but it just sucks cause I hate being seen as male at all.
    That gos for me as well. i stay depressed and/or irritable most of the time knowing that my body is male while my spirit and soul is not

Wish I had her natural body - YES

Actaully want to physically transition - NO

Aspiring Member
    I would have started to transition years ago if it were not for a family business and living in a very narrow minded part of the country did not help.

That is all behind me now. Have since moved and now living full time as a woman.

I expect to start my full transition within a few weeks, and feel so good about it

Denise

Given the scenario that you described, I would have done it years ago.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    At this point in my life, I don't feel as if transition (in the sense of full GRS and perhaps FFS and whatever) is something that would be right for me. I'm not talking about acceptance or "starting over" or anything like that: I've just never felt like the "real me" is female. Sure I've seen women whom I've said to myself "I'd like to look like that!", or "I'd like to trade bodies with her!" -- but that's the external appearance, not the internal mental space, and as I explore the internal mental space, I'm far from sure that a body swap would accomplish anything.

But at the same time, my internal mental space is telling me that I'm something other than "male", at least as is stereotypical defined. I've received a referral to a gender therapist (but they haven't returned my call yet to set up the first appointment), and I intend to explore a bunch of issues, including whether my thought patterns and my desires are within the "normal" range of variation within what is commonly called "male" (e.g., perhaps a lot of men feel much like I do but few are willing to say so or act upon it.)

It's not exactly a topic that comes up in face-to-face conversation with people who are willing to be open about it... there's so much assumption in my society that people will conform, that even one-on-one, one would expect most males to deny deny deny, either burying within themselves or sitting there during the conversation simultaneously outwardly saying "No way!" and inwardly saying "I wish I had the guts / circumstances to wear some lipstick like that!"

I currently identify as gender-fluid transgendered, approaching androgynous from the male side. On the other hand, there have been a couple of minor incidents that I'm Not Thinking About that cause me to wonder where I would really end up if I were to go 24/7 (non-op) and people started treating me as female....

If it was 100% socially accepted?

You mean it's not?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Not a chance. I like Little Ralphie and he's going to stay there guarding the family jewels as long as I draw breath. Don't wanna be called "ma'am" or "miss", either (and don't get me started about "hun").

If "society" is going to pay for that transition, though, I'd be more than happy to take the money they would otherwise have spent on it and spend it all on pizza and beer instead.

I don't know, right now I am happily married to a wonderful woman who accepts my CDing. Now if she wernt in the picture I might consider it. I wonder want it would be like to live fulltime as a woman. Just can not say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Cross View Post
    I have already started my transition. It doesen't matter to me whether it is acceptable or not, it is something that I have to do and acceptance shouldn't be a barrier to anyone else if they feel transitioning right thing for them to do.

I have found that most people don't care either way and it is becoming more acceptable. The media is even changing it's view judging by a few recent articles I have seen, as are public sevice organisations.

Here in the UK the NHS does not pay for all medical services that are needed, most local trusts only pay for srs and hormones. Things like ffs, hair removal and breast implants will have to be funded by the individual.

Totally agree, I too live in Britain and yeh most people don't care anymore, the fears in our own minds, we think at first people will hate us, most people don't give a stuff ! Its just mainly kids that can be a problem, cause they are not always mature enough to be polite.

I will pick up on something though, I disagree with the person that said that ts's don't suffer the same stigma as cross dressers do, not all ts's look that convincing, jo public generally can't tell the difference between a cross dresser and a transsexual, unless it is obvious, sure its true maybe for people that know us, yeh I will go along with the fact that a transsexual is more likely to be accepted than a cross dresser is, but only on the basis that people know that, people on the streets don't, so if they read you you are just as likely to get abuse as any trannie would, so kids had a go at me once and I told them I was ts, they went on to call me a freak and followed me down the road, they didn't care they just read me as a guy dressed, so it's easier now but not always that easy there are still mindless idiots out there.

full transitioning

That would be my dream situation

Transitioning

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    You mean it's not?
    No-I said if it were.Not was.

Quote Originally Posted by laurap View Post
    No-I said if it were.Not was.
    Could I get a refund on all the damn money I already spent?

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Could I get a refund on all the damn money I already spent?
    Submit your vouchers with the necessary stamps, and they will be processed.

many if's

I would change in a heath beat!!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar
    You bet but I still go out and have fun in a skirt!
    I have COFFEE life is good!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized the lights are on, but nobodys home?

Lifes not mesured by how many breaths we take, but rather by how many moments take out breaths away!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Well... If it was only 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% acceptable... if it's what ya gotta do it's what ya gotta do. Maybe you should have said... 'If no-one knew you had transitioned and were perfect would you get yourself sliced up?'.

I've found most people are cool with it... You get the odd stare... the odd mutter... but it ain't that bad... Never had anyone laugh yet which I think is kinda cool...

where was I? Oh yes... I don't know if anything is 100% socially acceptable... There's always a contrary character who swims against the tide... What do you mean that's me on this thread?

Lisa x
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I would in a second I wish i could be a woman in every way i love the sensual clothes the makeup and i would love to date a man and be treated as a woman in every way and treat him as a woman would. I think i would love getting up every morning if i was a woman and could dress and act as i feel instead i am putting on a show to be the man everyone wants me to be wife,friends,and co-workers

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer3169 View Post
    I would in a second I wish i could be a woman in every way i love the sensual clothes the makeup and i would love to date a man and be treated as a woman in every way and treat him as a woman would. I think i would love getting up every morning if i was a woman and could dress and act as i feel instead i am putting on a show to be the man everyone wants me to be wife,friends,and co-workers
    There ya go...Now you're talking!

Kelly, luv the new pic! The only word that really comes to mind is, "WOW"