Some clever girl in another thread mentioned something about various levels of genius in this group.

So I'm thinking,

I've always been kinda different.
Always kinda nerdy
Always kinda fem

I was a terrible student but considered to be "gifted" for most of my life. I always jokingly refer to myself as a genius but the truth is I'm the classic lazy underachiever. If I have any genius in me it's only because of my Socratic tendency to recognize how little I actually know. Of course, crappy memory aside, I do believe my capacity for knowledge is limitless, mainly because I have so much empty space ;-)

I have SOME talent at a lot of different things but I'm really not very good at anything. For example, people who are NOT musicians think I'm a pretty good musician. I'm actually barely adequate, with my only real musical talent being in lyrics and melodies.

Nonetheless, I've been told countless times that if I just committed to SOMETHING, I could really be something.

I have come to believe that the price of talent must be ambivalence because all I really want to be is left alone.

Anyhoo, even if I wasn't a bent sissy, I would still be a bit of a weirdo and I wonder about the rest of us.

Based on your posts, some of you seem quite normal and well adjusted. Then again, some of you could probably use a leash.

How special are we as a group?

-Misty