Thread: B&B or small hotels

B&B or small hotels

As a first step, I would like to sit dressed at a bar in a B&B. Are there any CD only/friendly places in the UK?

many thanks

Hi & Welcome to the forum

There are lots of places in the UK

It largely depends on where you are in the UK how easy it is to get there
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hi and thanks for the reply. I get to travel lots but mostly around bristol area, leeds but I live in kent.

Can't answer your question directly. But when you're staying in the Bristol area, you could stay over in Bath and try Sophie's dressing service in Bath. She's very nice and does a great job (see my photos). I know that CD's use her to get dressed up before going into town. You could maybe ask her where the CD friendly places are?
    Luv Chrissie
    x

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    I often travel around te UK. I frequently dress and find my way to the bar. I tend not to stay in B&Bs though, usually chain hotels like Holiday Inn Express or Premier Inns. This only applies if you are not travelling and therefore checking in enfemme, I think, if you choose to stay in a small establishment aka a B&B then the landlord/landlady will undoubtedly be around a lot. It is also rather unlikely that a straight B&B would have a bar. Obviously, a B&B attached to a pub would, but you would still face the same problem, the place may only have a few rooms and the person who serves you is likely to be the same person who checked you in. Whereas if you are in a medium sized hotel (30+ rooms) with a staff rotation then then if you check in as Bob it is less likely that the bar keep will associate Betty to Bob.

Having said that, I think you'll find that any where you go they will treat you with respect because, unlike our lost colony, it is now illegal for anyone to entertain homophobic traits in a bar. The landlords have a duty of care to ensure that all their patrons are treated with respect. This does not just apply to LGB but also to T. Certainly all the landlords I know have adopted a zero tolerance of negative LGBT behaviour, and thus set a possitive example them selves. OK there are a few obvious types of bars I won't go in but I wouldn't go in them anyway.

So if you are traveling enfemme, and checking in so, them you don't need to hunt down specifically T friendly places. Just do it. If you are trying to remain anonymous(ish) then try a small to medium sized hotel.

Hugs

Kay
    Last edited by kay_jessica; 08-01-2009 at 05:19 PM.