Thread: Our spending power

Our spending power

I had a thought during these difficult financial times.
    It's a well known fact that the money Gays/Lesbians spend in the economy is referred to as the PINK DOLLAR ( or PINK POUND) depending on where you live(maybe the PINK EURO as well)

I wondered if there was a phrase that would define the money we pour into the economy as Crossdressers. After all, many of us have two wardrobes, male & female, to support.

My own suggestion is the SATIN DOLLAR & it would be fun to hear any other ideas.

Barbara
    I had never heard the term pink dollar before.
    As for me it could be more of a lace dollar.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Nylon Dollar is one, but I like Satin Dollar best.

I personally like the green dollar because my money spends just like any other woman's.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Thats a new term! I think in reality teens also drive the economy more than anyone. Most of those who I know that are GLBT are watching their money. I do know that we do drive other parts of the economy like for those of us who go out we drive the oil economy

In all honesty I would say we do have an area of the economy which I believe we help which is the lades fashion area, I know I do my part when I can.