Thread: A Step Forward

A Step Forward

Last week I got all dressed up and went in a store for the first time. It felt weird but the salespeople seemed to pay no particular attemtion to me. Then I sat on a bench in front of Target and the same thing happened. I am slowly getting more daring and want to do this again. Have others had a similar experience?

congratulations on your first time out, glad it went well for you
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Most of us would love it if no one paid any particular attention to us. I think we're more afraid of too much attention. Just go out and do the things you like to do like going to a movie or out to eat and of course there's always shopping! Have fun!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    The more you go out and act as if you belong with confidence with who you are. I am near 7ft tall and I get quick OMG she's tall looks and in one store the employee calls me the tall woman! I figured out a while back that a few people think I am a GG or they are testing my reaction when they ask about my "husband" which is when I tell them he like me in heels and I act happy. It is times like that when their looks are priceless

Aspiring Member
    The more that you go out the more comfortable and confident you will be.

Just this past month I am now out full time, and it feels so good.

I have had more than one GG mention my husband, and i make some passing commment, that he is at home, or in the instance where i was going on a trip they aske if he was going along, or was it a girls only trip.

Naturally the answer was girls only trip.

Slow and steady wins the race, and good luck on your outings.

Denise

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DLCarter View Post
    Last week I got all dressed up and went in a store for the first time. It felt weird but the salespeople seemed to pay no particular attemtion to me. Then I sat on a bench in front of Target and the same thing happened. I am slowly getting more daring and want to do this again. Have others had a similar experience?
    DL, I go out all the time dressed, almost every day. The major difference between me and most other CD's who go out in public is that I do it as a guy in a skirt! Fully dressed, but no wig and no makeup. I live in a major metropolitan area, and hardly anybody pays attention to me. Sometimes I do get "double takes" and stares, but that is rare. Usually I just get smiles, like they thinking "He sure looks comfortable wearing that pretty skirt and tight top!" And you know what, I am comfortable doing it! Because I am a Crossdresser and proud of it!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thumbs up Yessssss!!

[SIZE="3"]Many, many times. Now t's natural to me (and loving it).

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".