Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Courage to Go Shopping

Wish me luck!

I have an appointment with my new SA friend Tamara at the Ann Taylor store in Center city at noon tomorrow. I've never bought a new dress OR tried one on in the store before, so lots of new stuff all at once. They are setting up a dressing room for me in the back upper level with the petites.

I will be underdressing; black Hanes SRs, butt padding, and shaper. I will put the bra and shoes (basic black leather 5" pumps) on in the store. I really, really hope Tamara's as cool as she seems because if she is, we will have a blast. I can't wait.

My biggest fear is that I like it so much that I really get myself into trouble with the credit card. Even with a 30% off coupon, a new AT dress will cost 20-30x what I pay on average for one at a thrift store!

They have some really hot dresses for the early fall season. My other fear is not being able to chose....

All the Best,
    SS / Ann

PS - I wish I could stop using the word 'hot', but it's soooo useful

My stepmother is taking me on a spree soon and i can not wait

what I am inside is screaming to come out

I bought a garter belt, stockings and panty set at a lingerie store once. After I paid, I asked the clerk if I could use the bathroom. When I came back out, I was wearing the outfit under my street clothes. He smiled as I walked out without the bag. I've gone in since then. He's helped me pick out a couple of sets and delivered a stern spanking to me twice

Now that I've gone shopping both in drab and dressed I must admit it feels more comfortable enfemme but I also don't care if I'm in drab because I am a customer and spending money.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Awesome! I'm so glad you had a positive shopping experience. Kudos to the GG SA for helping you and making you feel comfortable. I'm not particularly familiar and have never shopped at Torrid but isn't that a cool groovy teenage girls type store that has a focus on bigger sizes?

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is: go at the right time of day (sounds like you did) and have some fun!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I have always wondered if guys that aren't cd'ers are nervous when they go into a store to buy something for their wife or SO ? The guy knows it isn't for them, more than likely the size they pick out will not be a size that would fit them (of course not in all cases as I am the same size as my SO). Just wondering. But then the poor guy that is making the purchase has no idea of the euphoria one feels walking out of a store with some great new clothes and the almost uncontrollable urge to drive home at 200mph to model everything. I love that feeling.

Looking for tighter jeans sonjazi's Avatar
    I always have to build up some courage to shop for women's clothes. There is some risk involved but I have found this is mostly due to poor attitudes on the part of the sales persons.

So I've had some shopping experiences I would rather forget, but more often I have been fortunate to have very positive shopping experiences.

Over the years, I have had some very helpful female sales persons assist me with sizes and offer their opinion on the fit of the clothes. I have received excellent assistance selecting corsets in shops that cater more to the fetish community. But I also have received excellent assistance when purchasing women's jeans and leather pants in regular stores. On a few occasions I have left the store wearing my new purchases. I love doing that!

Attitude has a lot to due with the shopping experience. With a good attitude, a smile, and friendly conversation the experience is much more likely to be a positive one.
    Sonja

Congratulations!

I bet TVs / CDs, especially ones shopping for the first or second time, make the best customers. You can sell them on things you might not be able to a GG, they probably just want to buy something and get out of there and it's not like they're not going to buy anything after mustering up the will to go shopping. It would be pretty silly of any retail outlet NOT to be super-duper friendly to us girls.

I never knew shopping was so much fun until the first time I shopped in the women's section. There are so many clothes in the womens/juniors sections that I want to buy that I'd go flat broke buying everything I wanted. It just isn't the same when I shop in the men's section.

I have bought my swimsuits and running tights via the internet. But I recently did some buying in person, it is a real adrenalin rush, really worried that someone who knew me might have seen me.

I bought 3 different pairs of wet look leggings at Top Shop, New Look and Internacionale. the shop assistants didn't seem too bothered, I really thought they would ask "are these for you?" etc...

I also bought myself a pack of opaque tights in Asda. I went in late at night when it was quiet in the clothing department so i could spend a wee bit of time selecting the right pair. Got myself a 3 pack of 40 denier black opaques - great value. Want to get 60 denier ones next time though.... again a real adrenalin rush.... but once you have done it you want to do it again

Well done! When I shop it is grab the item, pay for it and get out. You had a true shopping experience and had good help to go with it. I'll try to be more patient. It seems it paid off for you>
    Charlie

Charlie - on all of these occassions it was a bit of smash and grab. when i went for the wet look leggings i knew exactly what i was going for, it was get in and get out as quickly as possible.

with the tights in Asda I had to take my time as there is an entire wall of tights on display. Again I knew that i wanted opaque black tights but trying to find them and getting the rights size took a few minutes (which seemed a lot longer!!)

YAY, brill Jamie, but just imagine how much fun it is when you're dressed!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Nothing is as good as the fresh air of freedom.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I've bought a few things over the internet, but it's such a hassle because they rarely fit and I usually end up returning them for a different size. I'm looking forward to the day when I have the courage to shop en fem.

How

Turn them off?

Congratulations. You listened, you learned, you conquered your fright, As some of us here have done. You are truly one of us.