Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Time Out

Congrats!

Wow, hon. Congratulations on your first outting! It sounds like you did really well handling the negative criticisms of the world. I remember my first outting alone: I was going to an art festival in a neighboring town and hadn't been out of the car before some drunk lady came up and shouted, "Oh my god! Are you a man?! You're beautiful" After noticing that she had brought the attention of over a dozen people to me, I rushed back to the car and drove home. Since then, with the exception of local LGBT and Pride events (where I know I'll be welcome) I haven't gone out in drag. Currently working on getting my confidence back.
    Hugs,
    Alana

You look brill hon and well done for getting out there. The next time will be easier I promise. Loved your comments about heels - so true. If I'm going shopping I wear the comfiest shoes I can. Heels are for clubbing! You will get comments good and bad but as you go out more you develop a thicker skin and a better attitude to deal with such things.

I now just love going out there and getting any comment. I wrote in my blog diary on Sunday after shopping, "What used to be the walk of shame is now becoming a cake walk" So give it time, keep your head high, and enjoy yourself. All the best.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    You look good, girly! I like your arm warmers & hair. The first few times seem to be the hardest, it's even harder when people straight up make fun of you in passing. But I'm sure you've been made fun of in guy mode and it didn't bother you as much (if you even noticed), I know I have.
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

You look good Mat. That look works for you.

Looking forward to seeing more of you.

Thanks for sharing.
    Mary

you look beautiful girl

That is a bold move.

I hope you had a great time!

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    WOW...you look good..a real club chick ...the pouty look is best !

Do it again..

Great look! Been there with sh!t heads and their remarks but that won't stop me. You go girl!
    Jeanna

Good for you honey, way to hang in there, and I think you look great.

Great story! Last time I was out and about, I tried the MAC thing and hit the town much as you did. I didn't get any comments when I was dressed and without makeup on the way there, but then again I didn't stick around too long in any one place. I wore shades which probably helps. I'm also tall for a female, but only around 5'11 in heels so I'm one end of the scale, but I'm sure people notice me. MAC was very supportive. Anyone I spoke with was also respectible to me although I did get some reads/looks, but people just kept quiet. The only comment I got was from a drunk customer while dancing (if you can call it that) and he told me 'don't let anyone tell me I'm ugly because I'm gorgeous'...I don't know what to make of any unusual comments like that. They can make you feel good or bad on different levels. For the person who says 'guy in a dress' then I have to admit to myself that he may actually be correct although its not exactly polite or desired to want to hear it. Don't let it get to you, just smile and laugh (but use the feedback to improve your image, body movements, whatever if you can tell what he noticed).

I think you do look good in your photo. The style is a little unusual if you are looking to blend because it draws the eyes to you, but with a nice smile on your face, I'd say you look like your just out having a good time and I you look decent enough not to get any rude remarks. At lot is attitude and its hard to relax and be comfortable to just enjoy yourself sometimes.

you look fine. if you would have made the offer to open a can of whop ass on that guy the look on his face would have been priceless.

Honey you look wonderful and your youth help you to look more feminine, beautiful picture. About the concert, unfortunately I like music from 60s and 70s. Love your hair; is that your real hair?

Girl you look great !

Comments aside sounds like a great day ?
    Cindy
    xx

Gold Member
    You looked pretty damn good Mat. Good for you on your adventure. The MAC expereince sounded nice as well. Keep it going hun...

Thanks again everyone! Such kind words!

I'm trying to figure out the when and where of going out again. My situation is a bit prohibitive.

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    Hey girl, you look pretty and cool. It's hard to go out there on yourself, I've been there and it took me a lot of courage to walk past the hotel door. Now going to the MAC counter, still need to do that but according to your comments and the way you felt there, it won't be that hard. Thanks for sharing.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

You look beautiful. You have your own unique look which is you. Love the hair, and your eye makeup. Definitely brave being out like that, especially to the concert. I do the shopping mall, restaurants, etc, but they feel safer. So I do admire your courage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmatt View Post
    I wanted to ask him if he'd like to have his ass kicked by a crossdresser, but I just kept walking.

Classic New York City Style there girl!!

By the way the pictures are great!!