Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought Provoking Question.

Oh, but of course I would still dress! There is so much imagination that I use when I look in the mirror now and see this ol' broad already that being blind would just make believing I’m attractive so much easier. I wouldn't have the reality of ugly getting in the way. Stray hairs, smudged mascara .... Who cares?!

Good question.

I spend 99% of my time cross dressed in underwear only and the visual rarely plays a role as to why I am dressing.It is definitely the feel of the clothes and also just the knowledge that Im wearing something feminine (like right now!).For me dressing up fully is like the "icing" which sometimes I leave when eatng cake .I just wish dressing fully could be more like "the cake".

Pattie

To be honest, it would dramatically cut down on my Jasmine time, because half of it is a visual thing for me.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Of course! It is all about feeling and being.

Nope, I can't see the point.

Janny

For me it is not just the look. It is the feel of the fabrics, breeze round my legs, the feel of dresses and skirts as they move. It is the feel and smell of makeup and the scent of my perfume. There is so much more than the visual aspect and also, although I don't know why, there is a need that is inexplicable and goes beyond conscious thought. It just makes me calmer and more relaxed.

Another thought just occurred. Had I been born blind, would my dreams have shape or colour and would just the feel and scent affect me without having seen the effect? What I am trying to say is , is the desire to crossdress really anything to do with sight, smell or touch, or is it just within us?
    Last edited by emmlouise; 08-22-2009 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Another thought

My grandmother was blind, and I was supposed to go blind as a teen (though thankfully dodged that bullet) so I have spent a lot of time playing the "what if you were blind" game.

I would have to say, that while certainly I do dress "for my self" blah blah blah - one of the biggest reasons for dressing for me is interacting with the world in the female gender role... So while I would not be able to appreciate my good looks - others still would and would be reacting to me accordingly.

So i would certainly still dress.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

It probably would make no difference. It is the feel of the fabric and the joy of having breast pull on my bras straps. I underdress a lot, so I cannot see it away but is how it makes me feel. It all makes me feel femminine, so therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by dutch-anita View Post
    Yes I would, it's the feeling, not the look of it
    i agree with anita 100%
    urmila

Yes of course - it is so sensual. Visual is strong but....

"A girl can dream and when you cannot dream there is always shopping lol!"

Great question. I am not sure, because the look is definitely important to me. But maybe dressing and continuing to interact with others would be enough to keep me going and satisfy my needs. I really do not know.

Yes, because the woman's clothing that I were 'feels' different than the male clothing. Bra, nylon panties and slip, skirt, stockings instead of sox, dangling earrings, choker or necklace, it's a long list, etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.