Thread: Buying my wife's birthday present

Buying my wife's birthday present

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my shopping experience of last week. My wife occasionally leaves town for business trips, and when she does over a weekend, I take full advantage to be out and about. Last weekend I decided to shop for her birthday present, but to do it dressed. So after doing other shopping I went to the local Chico's, and resisted all of the urges I had to try EVERYTHING on and concentrate on her gift. I found this lovely cranberry sweater in her size, and took it to the salesclerk. "Ummm .. this is for my wife; can you gift wrap it for me?" (Remember I'm totally dressed.) She said "Of course. Do you have an account with us?" "No, but she does." So it was rung up with her membership discount. As I leave: "Be sure to come back and see us." So cool ... I certainly will! OK. Fast forward to Thursday. She loved the sweater, and wore it to the wonderful restaurant where we had dinner. (I was definitely in "sir mode" that night.) She also wore it to the airport for another trip this weekend. "By the way, Chico's sent me a 15% discount card. You should use it ..."

Chico's, here I come!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    What a great experience! You are one lucky girl. A supportive wife and a discount card to use! Have fun at Chico's!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

And you resisted buying more for yourself than for her, you have fantastic will power.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    What a great experience! You are one lucky girl. A supportive wife and a discount card to use! Have fun at Chico's!!
    You know, it's taken 40 years for her to become that accepting. I think there is a lesson here -- patience....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club