Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cd/tgirl freindly cities

I grew up in Bethesda, MD

Right outside washington DC. There werea few gay/drag bars there back in the day in SE DC around 9th st and Pennsylvania. Back when I was a young thing, Dupont circle was a really trashy hooker hangout. The type where a disinfectant was needed after simply driving through.

Since so many congressional members have huidden lives, you might just run acrioss a senator or rep with a penchant for buff bods and sparkly jewelry and pantyhose. We did.

Much of the surronding area has great shopping and many are TG friendly.
    My first purchase was made at an upscale store at the district line called Woodward and Lothrop. I am not sure if it is still around, but when I started buying peignoirs, they went all out to order me some of the best.

Bethesda still has fantastic shopping and restaurants are abundant.

S.F., L.A., N.Y.C.

Peanuts closed, word is it's being remodeled to become a different upscale straight club.
    In L.A. the most cool happening scene is the mixed clubs where they don't care if you're straight, gay, bi, tg, have a fetish for PVC, leather, etc. you're welcome.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Montreal Canada. We have one of the best SRS sugeons in the world and seem to attract trans folks from all over. It is also a relatively safe city for its size (about 3 million) and there are no guns around.
    It's Frances with an E, like Frances Farmer. Francis is a man's name.

Ann Arbor, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-gg-cd lover View Post
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada is pretty CD friendly. Church St in the downtown area has a lot of CD/TG friendly bars on and around it.
    Yes, I agree. Toronto is pretty CD freindly. It is the ONLY city, including my own, that I have ever been out in. I got a few makeovers at "Wildside" and went to the drag shows with the other girls.

Smile another friendly place

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE] Eureka Springs Ar is fairly CD friendly
    Have been there for a week at a time out dressed during the "Getaway" Events and only once had a problem

Jean Ann

Las Vegas is very friendly. There are 3 great places for makeovers, and they will advise you where to go out, maybe even accompany you. The Glamour Boutique and local Tri-Ess have regular activities and visitors are welcomed.
    Denise DeMann

Even though I have only gone out once, and that was with my wife on Halloween, I would also say that Austin, Texas is the place. My wife and I see at least 2 or 3 other Crossdressers when we go to the thrift stores.
    And besides, their motto is "Keep Austin Weird". Leslie, our local thong and high heel wearing, beard sporting, celebrity ran for mayor, and got lots of votes.
    http://www.keepaustinweird.com/current.html
    If you can't get accepted here, there is NO HOPE for the rest of the world.

I see often popping up here is "oh that city has a nice gay-oriented area." The thing is though, I know not every city has a decent gay sector (luckily, my town of Columbus does) but shouldn't the mark of if a city is cd/tgirl friendly be how comfortable you feel dressing outside of the gay bars?

I'm not saying finding rough and tumble biker bars to test their tolerance, but more just, what cities would you feel ok eating at an Applebees while dressed?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    Try Boston MA or Massachusetts in general. Plently of TG friendly places in that area.

My favorite club would be the BLU Ultralounge in Worcester MA (also a very LGBT friendly city), since not only is it the headquarters for the SISTERS group I moderate, but it was also the very first place I went out en femme.

North Hampton MA would be my third choice, tho it's primarily a lesbian haunt, it also a TG friendly zone, that, I just like that part of the state.

Well those are the places I'm farmiliar with anyways.
    I definitely agree with all of those..

But dont forget ProvinceTown on the Cape, we all can really let our hair down during the summer with no worries..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Well, Sheridan Square ("down-in-da-village") NYC is no suprise.
    I wasn't dressed enfemme but my out-of-town friends, who haven't been to New York City often cartainly had an eyeful within two hours yesterday seeing about 20 or so drag queens standing in the front of one theatre.
    I showed my friends the used record shops & guitar shops over on Bleeker. They didn't seem to mind & expected no less. The gamut of TG is pretty broad there, not just merely drag queens. Don't bother picking out who's really a TG,or TS , and just enjoy neighborhood for what it is. I happen to love neighborhood because the restaurants & the shops within Christopher St. and Bleeker St, are the most eclectic.
    But I think, if you're going to go out dressed up.....doing it in this neighborhood is cheating . ....anyone agree?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 08-22-2009 at 08:28 PM.

If, by friendly, you mean people actively say they're glad you're there, I'd say Brighton and Manchester in the UK.

But everywhere I've been has been pretty much T-neutral - certainly in the US, in NYC and Las Vegas, no one gives a hoot (haven't done LA & SF yet) - but I've found that in many UK cities - London, Birmingham, Chester, Bristol, Edinburgh, plus loads of the towns in between?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie66 View Post
    Well, Sheridan Square ("down-in-da-village") NYC is no suprise.
    I've caught the subway from Grand Central to Battery Park, then walked back up to 48th (via the top of the Empire State). The only time I got a comment was in the two hour queue for the Empire State, and they were small-town tourists, not locals..
    Last edited by Nicki B; 08-22-2009 at 08:23 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    i've only gone out a bit when dressed but i know ottawa ontario is cd, and tg friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
    Orlando: great TG/CD friendly city and if there's not enough happening stuff there then Tampa is not too far way either. I got fitted for a wig in Orlando in this really great TG shop caled Ritzy Rags. If you're in Orlando - it's a must see.
    orlando might be cool to visit, but the city as whole is not very tg/cd friendly at all, even the gay scene (with the exception of that one little area where ritzy rags is located) seems to shun cd's. not a good place to live. tampa is ok though.
    Last edited by dragdoll; 08-23-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: ...

canal st manchester uk.
    a verry frendly place + they is a bar {tourus} where you can get canged
    it is polite to by a drink.
    also manchester it self isnt too bad, only hade an odd stare or 2 .
    love donna uk

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Saugatuck Mi. pretty CD friendly. It's on Lake Michigan, just West Of Kalamazoo it's an old tourist town, with quaint shops and nice places to eat.
    [SIZE="3"]I've never been to Michigan but it seems to have a number of TG friendly places.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    How many do you want? I've never been in a non-CD-friendly town anywhere in England, France or the USA.

Pretty much any place is friendly, if you're the outgoing sort, isn't it?

I guess I'm posting to say that I've never had any CD time either to myself or with freinds in a major city. I would love to do that if only for like 2 or 3 days and due to circumstances that would take forever to describe I just might be able to travel and do just that once in awhile coming up in the next year or two. I've always heard that NYC,San Francisco and New Orleans(The French Quarter!)are very CD freindly. Maybe some of you girls could coroborate that(?)I'd like to go shopping in those places,like in an afternoon and someone in one of my favorite online businesses has encouraged me to "stop in for a makover" if i'm ever in town.

I have found Salt Lake to be very cd/tg friendly, it does not matter where you go whether it is the mall, walmart, or convenient stores, car auctions, restaurants, the peaple there have been very good to me, I love it when women approach me and compliment me for the courage to wear dresses,
    and my style, and my legs, hair, and makeup etc.
    And like a few others here on this thread have posted, Vegas is cd/tg friendly also, I have had many wonderful experiences there.

There are 2 towns that I have visited that appear to be quite friendly, New Hope, Pa and Asbury Park, NJ.

I tend to overdress when I go out, dress or skirt and blouse, stockings and heels, so occasionally I am noticeable on the weekends. I have strolled the streets of New Hope several times and have felt nothing but comfortable, even got a whistle for a motorcyclist, poor guy needs glasses.

Asbury Park had obtained a reputation as a rough town, and it was. I have visited it 3 or 4 times in the past 2 years and each time have been totally at ease while walking the street in my overdressed condition. Asbury Park also contains a large number of GLBT friendly hotels and bed and breakfasts. I have spoken with the owners of a few to get their view on the safety and enjoyability of the area and received strong recommendations to come and visit.

Nicole

Good grief! The girl is asking for really top notch Tgirl friendly places for a diva vacation and everyone trots out their hometowns. Holy cow some of these small towns in redneck states too!

I live in the ATL but would tell ya San Francisco or New York City. Then its a tie between LA and Vegas. Personally I would do LA but I know a lot of girls have had a blast in Vegas too.

Have fun.

Reading this thread there are cities and towns all over small town and large urban area and everyoen is say there CD/TG friendly....maybe it's not so much the cities and towns that are friendly as it society's beliefs are changing all over and as such everywhere is become mre tolerant and or accpeting of CD's/TG as well as the gay community....and if that is the case wouldn't that be a refreshing attitude now....Just a thought girls....just a thought...

BTW for being in the Bible belt Nashville has a gay district that is home to about 5 or 6 gay clubs....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Ready For A New Life Katherine1951's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    S.F., L.A., N.Y.C.

Peanuts closed, word is it's being remodeled to become a different upscale straight club.
    In L.A. the most cool happening scene is the mixed clubs where they don't care if you're straight, gay, bi, tg, have a fetish for PVC, leather, etc. you're welcome.
    Hi Karen, I am in the LA area and haven't been able to search for clubs because of my non-accepting wife, can you give me the names of some? I am very close to Long Beach.
    Thanks,
    Kat

whre in new jersey

i am looking for t tg bar in new jersey and can,t seem to find one, i love to dress but do not have the courage to go out dressed yet, i would like to look and obsrve first. can someone please help me, i live in nwnj.

I agree that San Francisco is the best, but don't overlook Chicago...I got my start there, just love big cities where the women dress well for work so you can wear a nice skirt or dress and blend in with the crowd, there's great shopping on Michigan Avenue and all those museums too, my kind of town!