Thread: Arizona "TG Safe Places"

Arizona TG/CD "Safe Places"

Hi,

Looks like I will be in Scottsdale, AZ in mid September. I am looking for suggestions on safe places to visit (en femme) while in the area. I have been given a few suggestions of places that may be safe, but I don't know for sure. Any feedback that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Areas suggested that have been suggest to me as reasonably safe:
    Old Town Scottsdale (Main street?)
    Arizona Mills
    Metrocenter Area
    Arrowhead Area
    Sedona
    Flagstaff

Things to visit - unknown if TG friendly: Heard Museum, Montezume Castle, Casa Grande Ruins, and Hike Camelback Mountain and of course the Grand Canyon.

Also, any suggestions on places for makeovers in the Scottsdale area? How about MAC stores that are specifically known to be TG friendly?

Thank you in advance,
    Nicole

im down in tucson and quite in the closet. that being said when i do travel up to phoenix of the list you gave id say Old Scottsdale main , AZ mills as well would definitley be ok... others not 100% but likely. they seem quite similar to 4th ave down here and there anything goes.
    Last edited by Sylvermane; 08-13-2009 at 01:51 AM.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Hi There. This thread can help you get in contact with others in the places you are visiting. Also, a few tg safe places are mentioned in it too.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=102374

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Hello Nicole!
    Besides the usual malls and theaters, go to Cruzin 7th on either Friday or Saturday night. There is a drag show and tons of TG, TS, CD as well as regular people that come to see the patrons and the show. A bit like the bar scene from the original Star Wars movie! C7 in in Phoenix on 7th Street. Close to the intersection of Indian School and 7th Street (a few blocks South on the West side of the street). On Thursday there is a gathering at a bar called the Amsterdam. It is a upscale bar that features a show, games and is quite fancy. Hope to see you there!
    Charlie

Thank you all for the information posted so far.

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

I live in Scottsdale, but rarely venture out here, married with kids and due to my career.I have been by or in all of these places in boi (drab) mode and have done tons of research and spoke to several of my girlfriends, so I'll channel this info to you.

Where you go and what you do is really how comfortable you are with your look and how passable you are. Heck there is no one here that knows you so go for it!

As for malls, Scottsdale Fashion Square and Chandler Fashion Center are your best bets. Metro Center is getting really run down and I wouldn't go there. Arrowhead is nice, but I prefer the two I mentioned. I know Scottsdale Fashion Square has a MAC store, its usually bustling. Some of the larger anchor stores like Macy's also have MAC counters. There are 2 outdoor malls to check out too. Biltmore Fashion Park and Kierland Commons. They are more high end and boutique type stores. Arizona Mills is nothing special, very busy, younger generation crowd.

As for makeovers I'm not aware of any place in town, I'll leave that for someone else to comment on.

There are some clubs here in the valley. Charlie mentioned Cruzin on 7th, I've heard good and bad things about it. Charlie hit on the good, I've heard its also dirty and dungy. I'll defer to Charlie since she's more familiar than I. Two other places I've heard good things about are BS West, in downtown Scottsdale in the heart of the 5th ave shops, another good place to stroll around in girl mode. BS West is more of a guy place but girls are always welcome and it has good management and ownership www.bswest.com. Its also very close to Scottsdale Fashion Square. Another good place is Amsterdams in downtown Phoenix, http://www.amsterdambar.com/. I'd also suggest checking yelp, tripadvisor and citysearch for reviews on these places.

Sedona is a great place and I would think TG friendly as would most national and state parks. I'm not sure about Flagstaff, its very beautiful but a little more reserved, maybe a girl from Flag can comment for you.

I hope you have fun here in AZ, it's a beautiful place! Feel free to email or PM me if you have more specific questions.

Bobbie