Thread: Second class alternative life style

Second class alternative life style

I don’t want to get anyone mad or upset but
    Ok I was having a hard time looking for and finding “cross-dressing, support groups, and counseling ECT.” (Locally) I have sent two e-mails for help in finding said info to the local alternative life style “group” (not naming names) there first letter back said if I was not out, proud and flying there flag, they could not “would not “be able to help me in any way, but if I chose to flaunt there flag and be out, then there is all kinds of support available. This was last fall and I did not per sew it any more, last week I sent another e-mail and have not had any reply

I had herd and have had others say, we are at the bottom of the life style priority list; anyone else heard this or had something like this happen to you?
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

There's a Tri-Ess Chapter in Denver. I don't think they will be asking you to fly any "flag." But, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Could you amplify for us please?

Peace and Love, Joanie

just ranting

the letter i got , more or less said if your not "out" (of the closet)and supporting the cause , there is no help,

denver is a long way away with two passes ,(lots of snow ,and bad roads) same if i head to SL
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Erica, may I ask just what it is you need support for? Why rely on any group to tell you that you are a normal, valued, beautiful person? You are, of course!

I have been to a meeting of what was called a "transgender" support group. It reinforced my decision that I was just fine where I am. What am I? Simple. I am a well-adjusted crossdresser that realized early on that I don't need permission. I don't need validation. I don't need to attach myself to a cause. I don't need anything that a support group would give me. I don't need support. Neither do you.

Now, if all you're looking for are friends, that is easier. Look around the meeting area of the forum here. I'm sure that you will find a get-together. If not, plan one yourself!

Kathi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

This may NOT help, Erica, but;

If u want more CD support groups, friends with similar propensities, girls to hang with, etc, maybe u should move to a place with a larger population.

If u r happy with your life where u live, other than your CDing, maybe what u need is a qualified therapist!

He/she could probably help u decide what is MOST important to u. And how best to choose the options that would make u happiest!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

right

when you are right your right ,

sometimes i need that from the outside world, also i dont want to feel so isolated ( it is of my oun making)

i am going to try and change my life this fall and i may need more than the forum to fall back on for counceling and suport
    at times i think im doing all right ,then other times i think i need real help but its just not there , you know
    Last edited by erica12b; 08-18-2009 at 08:37 AM.

unfortantly, I know of no gender specific support groups on the western slope. Colorado Springs has one. Very small, but we are almost like a family. And I have to agree. As a minority in the GLBT we do tend to be forgotten, and other issues override us. And that is why it's so very nice to have a trans specific group.

If you have the time, and money you are more than welcome to the the Cos Spgs group. The Gender Identity Center in Denver would more than likely welcome you with open arms.

Then there is always the activist route and start your own group. I know for a fact that you are not the only one GJ with similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I have been to a meeting of what was called a "transgender" support group. It reinforced my decision that I was just fine where I am. Kathi
    Excelent point, but sometimes its just nice to be around like minded people who understand how it feels.
    Last edited by Holly; 08-18-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts... please use the EDIT button to add content. Multiposting is not permitted.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

closet

i think the "closet " part makes it the worst , no matter what your in the closet doing , it puts you at a disadvantage.
    the like minded would be great but having gg's there to talk to would be better ,

this is just a rant anyway

i cant change the world ,just myself