Thread: Moods

Moods

Sometimes, I get in a bad mood or just plain cranky if I go for too long without dressing ( days or weeks) .My wife is fully accepting and the CD ing is just part of our lives.Theres kids ( only oldest daughter knows) and yep-a grandchild too that just prevent regular dressing.We as cdrs love our families but gosh can our kids get in the way.I dont mean this in a bad way but do we not all need our fixes? I know it is not all about us but its sometimes frustrating to find the balance.My wife and daughter 28, say whenever i get cranky,I need dress-up time: she lets me dress whenever I want as long as the kids arent around.....henceforth the dilemna....Am I the only one who feels this way ?

Christa
    " If the dress fits..."

I know what you mean about cranky, that's why I'm almost always underdressed. It helps me stay sane.
    ColleenW

No, you're not the only one who feels this way. After a long period of time, if I don't or can't CD I start getting stressed. I will find a way, somehow, somewhere, and when I do, I feel more like myself again.

cd'ers version of pms? i get it
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]sometimes i can feel that way..other times its like i'm not in the mood.. but worst times is when i'm battling myself on dress or not..knowing i should since that is what i want.. I don't have anyone holding me back from dressing..and only me from going out.. so.. some deep issues here at times.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

My mood isn't swayed by my clothing. Right now, I'm having trouble reconciling an action I took.

I can tell you I might not have acted as such if I was feeling more myself, i.e. as who I feel I truly am, which is why it's so hard to deal with.

♪ ~ ♫Self-loooooooooathing♫ ~ ♪
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

I don't get moody, I just start thinking about it at every idle moment and get a kind of stressed out adrenaline surge that keeps me up at night.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Christa, I too know and do appreciate what you are saying in this post. My whole immediate family knows that I like to dress, but If I did at a time they could see me (daytime), with the exception of my SO it would be like a day at the improve. So, I do get a little bit agitated. My kids say go smoke one you need it, but I know what part of the reason is. I have always been the type who worries what others think of me, and my dressing in front of them isn't anything that will make my 3 daughters proud of me. Question, any suggestions on how to change my self induced problem?

Thanks to a bitter ex-wife, my girls new about my crossdressing from an early age. They are both now grown up. Hooray! Now they don't "borrow" my nylons and skirts. They have never had an issue with me, and they are both proud of me. Maybe in some respects I have been lucky, just the rest of my life is s!!t

I would be kranky to if I didn't at least wear a nightgown to bed at night. It's rare that I get to dress any more with wife's son and grandson living with us.

Silver Member
    There are very definitley times when I absolutely need to dress and for one reason or another just can't and it frustrates the hell out of me, I can underdress but whilst nice, is just not the same as fully dressing and relaxing into it, so yes I guess at those times, i might get a bit cranky

Nope you're most certainly not the only one with this. With parents living next door and youngest daughter on the other side and grandchildren subject to pop in at any time. We do have to be careful and pick our times

Aspiring Member
    I get cranky to, my girlfriend is very accepting of my dressing but sometimes I feel very insecure when I dress around her. So I stop dressing for a while and that creates my crankiness.

Smile nope

Debs gets cranky and she also actually gets headaches .............. while I was 300 miles away we solved part of the problem by me persuading her to wear a nightdress and panties to bed ............ that seemed to stop the headaches and she was also less cranky ............... she still wears a nightie to bed most nights and rarely suffers headaches now, and when she does they are soon gone

She now also wears fem pants and socks on a daily basis ............ perhaps not ideal, but it has helped her feel less stressed and she is calmer, & she does enjoy the softness of both ............... no they are not the lace and silk ones, but everyday fem ones, avoids the need for tucking and the escaping prob when not tucked of the silk & satin kind
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Totally relate to that Christa. For me it's just a gradual build up of tension that can only be rectified with a healthy dose of CDing. The good news is that it's an easy fix......mostly it's just around the house, but every couple of weeks I have to break out the make up kit and venture out beyond the front door.

Cheers

Tash

I certainly know what you mean about getting cranky. What helps me is just to focus and remember that I will be dressing as soon as I can.

I've come to appreciate moods, even the bad ones.

I think it's better to have mood swings than to have no moods at all, or just one central mood that is neither here nor there, which I have done, and felt more dead than alive.

Moods are a natural part of life.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful replies! For advice and comments, this forum is at the top of the list. Hugs to all!
    Christa
    " If the dress fits..."

Christa, I also know what you mean. I don't dress much in the summer months so I can be a real bear.
    Courtney

My pms is not do to the lack of dressing but to the knuckleheads I have to work with. As I count down to my transition and retirement they seem to be getting more paranoid and asinine. WTH Where did they get their reasoning, you would have thought when they got to the age of 13 they quit maturing. Some people never grow up.

Teri

When you can't dress, you can always shop! There is nothing like taking a Saturday in a town 50 miles from home and having fun trying on everything in the store. Resale and Goodwill stores are a favorite of mine.

I love coming home with outfits that I know will work. It is so fun and liberating. It relieves all my stress.

- Darla

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I know exactly what you mean, I also find myself getting quiet, not talking because I am thinking about being dressed, I alos get short tempered and cranky but I know it will pass if I can look at a pretty reflection of myself in the mirror. Also for getting tid of excess stress, I don't go out shopping but I just browse on line for new shoes or a top.

I don't get cranky but there's this feeling of anxiety when I don't dress for a long time, sometimes even if it's short. It's like I can't keep my mind out of it.
    But I don't full dress often and I wear panties under my male clothes. That's pretty much enough to keep me in a good mood.

Dressing in female clothes has become so important to me, that when I'm not dressed, then I'm thinking about it, sometimes almost to distraction. I don't get cranky, but my desire does grow stronger and stronger till I can dress again. I never knew it would become such a part of me, but it has, and I have no regrets.