Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: neighbors know you crossdress?

I think at least one of my neighbours knows there is something going on and one who moved away might have too. I don't have much to do with the neighbours and really don't care but I have my wife's relatives living quite close and don't want them to know as they are all a bit homophobic. Not a concern for me but my wife would have to put up with a lot of crap that I don't want to visit on her.

Why bother

Let them see you as you are. If you are proud to be a TS and you take them as they are (which is probably square), don't fret about it, I don't and most of them accept me as I am- though I think I scare a few of them.
    T

I've been concerned about the neighbours, but my wife simplified it and told me that if it bothers them, too bad. We don't really interact with them other than to say 'hi' over the fence.

My next door neighbor, "The Colonel," saw me a couple of years ago. He said it was OK with him. but he asked to not see me as Donna Marie when he comes over for Happy Hour. A lady down the street came to the door last Spring when I was dressed and I let her in. She said I looked pretty (!!) and was fine with it. During that time I was feeling really bold and was out fully dressed quite often, so others must surely know. But many of our residents in this community of townhomes are snowbirds - they spend the cold months in Florida. And I have gone back into my shell for some stupid reason. Can't gather up the courage to go back out there for now. Anyway, nobody has made any unkind comments.

Just be yourself if they want to know you better it will happen.
    Angie

They Might Know..

I think one knows.

A few days ago I was all dressed & ready to go out. I was waiting for my wife while she was outside watering the flowers. I walked out to my truck to put some papers in the glove box. As I walked out onto the driveway I see my neighbor & my wife talking and standing in the grass 50 feet away. I just opened the truck, put in the papers & went back inside. The truck was between me & them, but I'm pretty sure the neighbor saw me. My wife said the neighbor didn't say anything, but.........

On the otherside, I don't really care if the neighbors know, I'm just not going to throw it in their faces.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My neighbor from across the street may have seen me once getting into my car dressed. I never talk to her so I don't know. I'm not sure if she saw me or even knew it was me and it was 2 days before Halloween so maybe she thought it was for that.
    Anyway I don't and since it never comes up I guess it really doesn't matter.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I do everything enfemme, the last two days I have been working in my yard and I have a gurl full time for a few years now, so my neighbors must know.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I'm sure mine know now, as i gave up making sure the coast was clear about a year ago, i can't understand how lucky i've been not bumping face to face though. However have to be extra carefull now..i've just recently found out that one of my neighbours works at the same place as me...its a 2 hour drive away my job.. i mean....of all the places in this big city of London, he picks my little quiet street to live on...jeese....

My neighbors on each side have seen me on my patio in a full slip.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLARRISA View Post
    I'm sure mine know now, as i gave up making sure the coast was clear about a year ago, i can't understand how lucky i've been not bumping face to face though. However have to be extra carefull now..i've just recently found out that one of my neighbours works at the same place as me...its a 2 hour drive away my job.. i mean....of all the places in this big city of London, he picks my little quiet street to live on...jeese....
    And I bet he cross-dresses too. You'll have to ask him
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by dana55
    hi girls i was wondering if your neighbors know that you dress?

[SIZE="2"]The neighbors don’t know I dress. I live in a small block of about 9 houses, but I’ve only met a few of the people that live in them. I use this to my advantage, since most of my neighbors don’t know what I look like – I can come and go as I please. I imagine they must think I have a nice girlfriend that comes to see me, or maybe there are two women that live here (they also rarely see my sister). When I mow the lawn, they must think I’m a guy hired for that purpose…[/SIZE]

My neighbors don't know but they've seen my "sister" come an go at times and even drive my car! She also sometimes lounges out on the patio and reads etc. when I'm not home.

Michelle

I'm pretty sure some of my neighbors know, especially since I've started going out more and more. The other day I went to pick up my fiancee and her sister and when we got back to our apartment, there were some guys from the next building standing and talking in the parking lot. I know they had to have figured it out.

I live in New York City, stereotypically famous for people who don't even know their neighbors' names. But I'm sure mine have seen me dressed, and the few I've spoken to have either never mentioned it or have complimented my looks.
    Fact is, sometimes I go out partially CD'd, even to the point of wearing hose-&-heels and a bra under my T-shirt, and nobody's said a word. I guess it's true -- NYC stands for "Not Your Concern".

I came out of the closet in last dec. It wasn't good and still isant good. It's there lose mine too but more them. So I just be what I am. I'm 24/7 now and don't hide it but don't flaunt it either. I dress accordingly. That helps a lot. It's funny I live in a very mixed dem/rep area. But they are so closede minded here it's ashame. Start by being your self be it in lady clothing then if they don't like it from the start you wont have to go through what i'm going through. I have lost all my friends here in the neighborhood. I have been told I need to move into the country side so no one would ever see me. They cant beleave that my job allows me to be 24/7 female. They said I'm sick and my wife is even sicker for being with me. Good luck withch ever way you go.

Its none of your neighbours business. Why do feel you have to justify yourself to them?

If they see you coming and going in femme mode then they will just have to accept who you are or tough.

Xx Vicky xX

One of my old neighbors knew

New neighbors don't. One of my old neighbors probably did. I lived in an apt and wanted to go out and get the mail. I figured I was the one closest to the mail boxes and it was midnight, what could possibly go wrong. I started towards the mail boxes and my neighbor had taken the dog out to potty. He was about 40 feet out but I was walking in the light dressed in chick jeans, heals, and a floral top. I got the mail and went right back in. He seemed to look at me different from then on.

I live above a business which also is my landlord so there is no hiding the fact from them, (especially when I wonder down the stairs in plain view of the workers to pay my rent) I recently asked the land lord if my dressing causes concern for anyone in the office but he just said "it's ok by him as we all have our own ideosincrocies (I hope I spelled that right) to worry about and it's not hurting anyone so it's all good", and due th the fact that I sit on the balcony in the sun and smoke while drinking my coffee, the neighbours across the road know about my dressing as well! No one has complained yet so it must be all good.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahNZ View Post
    I live above a business which also is my landlord so there is no hiding the fact from them, (especially when I wonder down the stairs in plain view of the workers to pay my rent) I recently asked the land lord if my dressing causes concern for anyone in the office but he just said "it's ok by him as we all have our own ideosincrocies (I hope I spelled that right) to worry about and it's not hurting anyone so it's all good", and due th the fact that I sit on the balcony in the sun and smoke while drinking my coffee, the neighbours across the road know about my dressing as well! No one has complained yet so it must be all good.
    Why do people say this. Its ok as long as its not hurting anyone. What do they expect us to put a person in a headlock or beat them up when we dress.

When we dress we are the ones most likely to be hurt.......honestly this saying is so stupid and sums up the people who say it as complete baffoons......IMO.

Xx Vicky xX
    Last edited by Vicky_Scot; 09-02-2009 at 09:57 AM.

The Belle from Hell! Wrenchette's Avatar
    I don't know...I've only gone out twice and that was to move a vehicle into the garage so it was only like 30 seconds or so.

I honestly think they would be cool with it. One side are young partiers, other side (sharing the house) are lesbians and across the street is the bassist for the Go-Gos...lol Everyone is pretty cool here.
    Redheaded woman in a dirty Corvette.