Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Defense and Safety for Cross-Dressers

I haven't read the blog yet, but I agree with the general advice. I think it's also more a part of girl upbringing than boy upbringing to teach to avoid the situation in the first place.

One thing I already told before, but that made me realise how much difference there is, is when I discovered that a female friend would always bring a pair of flat shoes when going out, so when going home she would not be in heels. It's things guys just don't need to think about.
    WARNING: I'm a hopeless forum troll. I sometimes get carried away in arguments. I'm not from the USA and not a native speaker, which does mean I sometimes simply misunderstand.

Mainly here to find out who I am and learn. Having a place to let of steam to understanding people in relative anonymity is great!
    ---
    Men run on testosterone, women on Toblerone.

You post some good ideas here. This is why i have started practicing mma including taekwondo boxing and ju jitsu so that when i go out i can always defend myself. Especially as i tend to go out half dressed which means that if someone notices they will tend to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Hi Mandy-

I hope that anything I said wasn't misconstrued, no matter how good you may be, there's always someone better. All that stuff you see in movies about one person subduing or disarming 5 or 6 attackers is, well, just movie stunts. Absolutely the best way to deal with a situation is having enough sense not to get into it in the first place.

Thank you, once again, for starting this thread, I hope it gives us all something to think about. The world is not filled with threats and bad people, but they are out there and it's good to know what to do if, Goddess forbid, it should ever happen.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Hi Joni Mari,

I didn't take anything in a negative way. In fact I agree with everything you said in your post. I was just repeating what I had said before just because I felt it was important. Its hard to talk about self defense because even people who take karate have different views on it. Some schools teach people to be punks and give them huge egos. Others are more grounded and teach students to make smart decisions.

It is always good to assess your own skills in a safe environment like a karate school but at the same time everyone who does train should remember that doing the moves in a lose Karate Gi is MUCH different than doing them in a real life situation wearing high heels and a tight skirt with a wig flopping around in your face! I tell my students that are still in school to go home and practice their self defense wearing a back pack full of their books... the reason is because that is how they will most likely be if they are attacked. Once you strap on those high heels and a skirt, that super high kick to the persons head is NOT going to work! If I were caught in a situation while cross-dressed I would rely mostly on hand techniques until the attacker is on or heading towards the ground and then I would incorporate the stomps and kicks since they would be low targets and easier to keep balance on the other high heel.

I know, I know... I'm strange! LOL But this is the kind of stuff I think about at any given time since I like to run scenarios through my head so that I am always ready to react to anything that may happen.

If you go out, anywhere, it's always safer to go with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Hi girls, just to chime in again, I think it ought to be pointed out that simply using a self-defense move to break a hold, like someone bearhugging you from behind, or something, probably isn't going to be sufficient to halt an attack.
    You mean breaking their nose with the back of your head doesn't make them stop anymore????

Damn

I guess the only thing left is: Candy gram for Mr. Mongo
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    I guess the only thing left is: Candy gram for Mr. Mongo
    One of my favorites, too, though I prefer to say it after the message has been delivered.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Hi Mandy,

Thank You. Great advice on your blog and from the other posts here. You are sooo right about situational awareness. That can't be stressed enough. That was drilled into me in the military. As a recent stalkee in Seattle (I really don't think the guy was out for anything more than to ridicule me) I can say that under that pressure I personally was a little freaked out by it in girl mode. I always thought under pressure my cajones would kick in (such the ones I have) - okay I was only a medic but still I was an 18-delta (you girls can look that up under Military Occupational Specialty) at Bragg (sort of) for 4 years. I figured if I got into a sitch I couldn't back away from, I'd teach some jerk what it's like to be a**-whooped by a tgirl in her Steve Madden pumps without mussing her lip gloss. Suffice to say, I now know that I prolly could pull off some testosterone-fueled beat down on any attacker en femme (prolly not in boy mode either). Could I save my life and get outta there? Yeah, that's now my plan.

I don't carry a weapon but I do scout where I'm going and such. As you said, the best thing to do is to be aware and avoid trouble.

Michelle

Semper Fi

[SIZE="3"]Ya don't mess with ex Marines with a Walther in her purse!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]