Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving up Cross Dressing

Giving up Cross Dressing

I realize most all of you feel that cding is not something one can ultimately control and the urge will always return. Well, there are those of us who desperately want to leave it behind us because of the pain it has brought to our lives. The pain that far outweighs any 'pleasure' or 'enjoyment' we derived from wearing womens' clothing. Without having all of you jump all over me, condemning my decision to try to quit, does anyone know of a legitimate support group on the internet or a support group similar to AA for cross dressers who are not happy with this life style?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Thalia,

I sure hope that no one here would "jump all over you" for your decision. Crossdressing is simply a facet of your personality. It is not something that you can turn on or off with help of a support group - only suppress. As there are no organizations to help you, may I recommend a good therapist?

I am sorry for the pain it has caused you. In my life, it has caused pain as well - both to me and my wife. I feel that is unfortunate - mostly for the pain it has caused my wife. I don't care about the pain in my life. In my case, I feel that it has brought me so much more joy than pain, so the tradeoff is worth it.

I wish you well.

Kathi

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]Hi Thalia, I have the same comment as Kathi in hopes that no one would 'jump all over you' about a decision you and only you can make. Some put us against walls and say its me or the highway...but in the end, it was our decision..to live with the reward or the price as of the result of that decision.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I was having a similiar conversation, some what, about whether this is what i want.. can i put it away for something that may really need or want.. or is this me.. so you definately are not alone in all this..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Be honest with yourself in respects to the pluses and minuses.. and hope for the best.. who knows, you may never want to slip a pair of hose on again.. or come to the understanding that you can't walk away from it.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]goodluck on whichever decision you make.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Well, dude, if you can't keep doing it, you can't. I hope everything works out for ya. As far as support groups, google. Just had to say best of luck. Sorry I don't know about the support groups.
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

6ood luck to you, dear. ~ hope you find peace and happiness in whatever way works for you.

Gold Member
    support groups - don't know of any...

What you need to realise is there are many levels of TG'ness.
    On one end of the spectrum is the 100% passable stealth TS women, but one the other end are the TG who come to grips with who they are and don't feel the need to act on it. Acceptance without action I guess.

Being TG is not how you dress, it is a state of mind.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Thalia, if you've seen my other posts on the subject you know I'm behind you 100% and I know you can do it. Unfortunately I can't suggest any support groups... you might need to shell out for a shrink if you need external support.

Best Wishes

Thalia,

I hope you can find peace and hapiness on any path you decide to take. I feel your pain, crossdressing has brought me a lot of pain and confusion, but I was lucky enough to find someone who loves me unconditionally and who has helped me to learn more about myself.

I am sorry but I don't know any group like the one you are looking for, maybe as Kathi says, a good therapist could help. I wish you the best, and never forget that you deserve to be happy.

Hugs
    Claudia Dawn.

I think your decision to quit is just as tough as the decision to accept cross dressing for many of us. And no one is going to think any less of you. I wish you all the luck in your future life.

Gold Member
    Best wishes Thalia. One has to do what's right for them. Remember, if you ever need anyone to talk to, we're all here for support no matter which path you choose to follow.

If you figure that we are "going to jump all over you," then you have obviously read past threads where others have made the try to quit. You also know that most of us don't believe that "truly 100% quiting" is an option. But, good luck to you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....just be wise and don't burn or throw all your stuff out just yet.

Answering your question, Nope...I haven't heard of any sort of support group for attempting to quit. That might mean several things: 1.) Virtually everyone has been unsuccessful so a "Support Group" that would be ongoing like AA would be superfluous. 2.) Everyone who trys to quit has no problems, so zero need for a support group. 3.) No one has started one.

On that last possibility, there might be some help for you. If YOU started a group, it might get your mind off things, might be a big help. If you do start a group, let folks around here know about it. I'm sure you would find quite a few "takers" who would be interested.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I think your decision to quit is just as tough as the decision to accept cross dressing for many of us. And no one is going to think any less of you. I wish you all the luck in your future life.
    Best wishes.
    warmly, Linnea

If you really want to stop dressing I wish you all the luck Thalia. If it dosen't work for you you know your always welcome here. If it dose have a good life and be happy.
    Angie

Don't know of any support groups but if you have a 'true' friend on here or one IRL who knows about what you do I'm sure that would be enough for the hard days.

I wish you all the best in your journey and hope you find the happiness you seek...

Good luck babes

Lisa xxxx
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    Boy, after reading your post about blackmail. You should find a really, really good therapist. I can't imagine the pressure you are under. I went for nearly 30 years without dressing completely. I was a very miserable human being. If I had had someone to help me cope with the circumstance that brought my misery I might have been a better husband and father instead of the workaholic I became. I have a good relationship with my wife and children now but only after help through a good therapist. Good fortune to you and success
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Good luck with your decision to quit Thalia, it won't be easy as you know, but I truly hope you succeed where others can't and you find the happiness you seek

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Good luck, I hope you find peace with yourself what ever path you take
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

All the best Thalia.

You may never put on any female attire ever again but you will always be a crossdressers.

But I am so sad to read that it has brought so much pain and hurt to you.

I will be thinking about you.

Xx Vicky xX

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Dear Thalia-

I can't even imagine anyone here or on any other site getting on you because you want to stop crossdressing. It is a burden for many and especially for spouses and family. I truly wish you the best of luck.

And I hope you won't take this wrong, but I also read the thread about your wife using your being TG to extort property from you and blackmail you with it. She sounds like a horrid person. There, I said it. I know you must love her, but no one who really cares for someone else would do what she is doing.

Once again, Thalia, the very best of luck. My heart goes out to you.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 08-26-2009 at 08:58 AM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    You will fail. You will be miserable. No-one around you will care because they don't care about you, they only care about their own grubby prejudices. Have a nice time
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    For me, If I stopped dressing, my life would be gone, then I'd be in pain, and I'm not kidding. I'd be very unhappy. But if its what you want, go ahead. I wish you the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

The only advice based on my own experience is this. Try to accept who you are and forget what other people think. No one can tell you what to think. It might be possible for you to be happy letting some of your feminine feelings, ideas, thoughts out as part of your male persona (without anyone knowing)...and you can feel good yourself about it knowing what you know.

If you deny who you are or what is driving you, the urge will come back even stronger in the future. I think the key is to not deny your feelings...it might be possible to do without actually dressing if you find some other outlets.

I don't think I could ever quit either. I have gone for periods without dressing but always went back. Now I think this is a part of my life.

Hello Thalia,
    this is a support forum for all who have or have had problems with Cd, Tg ,Ts issues, so i see that there would be no problem in supporting the ones who wish to find a way out which in some case`s may be harder than to finding a way in .
    Maybe there should be a section for the "help me get out of this" ones where it might have ideas on how do help with that , ( OK so i am mad ) and then we may find out if there is actually a way out .
    The only thing i could suggest at the moment is to find something else to do when you get the urge to Cd in that way your mind will be focus on something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Hi Thalia,

Peace and strength to you on your quest. I would like to paraphrase Thoreau and Holmes by saying:

“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the 'girl' still in them.”

Michelle