Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Ears

I have one set of studs and a set of hoops each ear

Banned Read only
    double peircing in each ear, usealy wear studs in the top holes, and hoops in the lower holes did my peircings myself with no problems

I have three piercings in each ear - did the first one myself way back in 1960. In public I only wear one stud in my left ear. At home I love wearing dangling earrings.

I had both ears professionally done in my teens (many years ago now!)
    Ironically it wasn't done with cding in mind, just that I wanted to look cool like some of the new romantic bands around at the time.

When I started cding more seriously, the fact that my ears were pierced was an added bonus.

Had mine done at a "Piercing R Us" at the mall over 3 years ago. Very professional. I chose gold ball studs the where put in with plier thingy. Everything was wrapped. She asked where I wanted them in my lobe and I said in the middle. "Oh, like a woman would! Why?" she said. I just smiled. I received a bottle of ear cleaner and wastold to clean them once a day, keep the studs in for 6 weeks, and rotate the studs at least once a day.
    I wear hoopsand have absolutely no trouble any where let alone work.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I had both ears pierced 'cause the clip-ons just pinch the crap outta me. I don't get how GGs can wear clip-on for very long. Interestingly many of the jocks I tend to run into or around have both ears pierced though they are sporting big diamond studs and I'm not on a multi-million dollar contract

Michelle

I had both ears piered at a Jewellery store about 4 years ago. Wish I'd done it years ago (hate the clip ons). No one has ever really said anything - got the odd "oh, you got your ears pierced" at first, but now nothing at all. I wear studs or small hoops when I'm at work (professional work environment and career), and pretty much whatever I want the rest of the time (regardless of whether I'm dressed or in drab).

Mine were done by a pro over 12 years ago. Have a large selection of ear rings and have never had a problem. Feel naked with out ear rings on.

My first ear piercing was this past March and then I had a second one done a week ago...both at Claire's and no problem so far....will wear a ball stud in the lower piercing and a diamond stud in the upper one in guy mode and put the girl earrings in the lower one when I dress....

Love wearing the earrings reguardless what mode I'm in....highly recommend it it if you can do it w/o any problems wife or work....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    I have 2 in each ear. My 1st hole is stretched to 1/2", & my second hole is at a 2gge. Thinking about getting my 3rd hole done. The cool thing is I can still wear hoops, just under the plugs.
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

I got mine done about 5 years ago.
    I have 2 in each ear and except for work (not permitted) I wear studs in the uppers and small hoops in the lowers.

I love having my ears pierced and wish I had done it so much sooner.
    You can have small, almost invisible studs put in while they heal and then if work is an issue you can leave them out during work hours and enjoy them other times.

I had mine done at the local mall at the Piercing Pagoda.
    They do it very nicely, professionally and with all due diligence with regard to being sanitary.

And they were very reasonable.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have one hole in each lobe. I have gotten some crap from people at work. I work in a paper mill so there are lots of rednecks. Come to think of there are lots of rednecks in Maine. LOL. Very few negative comments though. I wear lots of goofy earrings I am having a blast with them. I feel naked with out earrings in. The funny thing is the most negative person on my earrings is my daughter. She is 23yo and hates them. Go figure.She also hates my cding. But that's another story.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

It was high on my list of things to do

Until I found these adapter clips. I have now, little by little, made all my earrings clip ons. I also added silicone dots to the clips and it makes them quite comfortable. Now I just get whatever earrings I want. The only type I can't really use are studs. But then , I don't like them - and have none.

No piercing necessary for this girl anymore.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

I had my left ear professionally pierced when I was a teenager, and I pierced my right ear myself five years later.....guess what? I did a better job than the professional with the ear gun.
    My theory is that sewing needles & an ice cube are are far more superior than the temporary studs from the ear piercing gun because they have a much sharper point.
    I was part of the culture of Judd Nelson (Breakfast Club) & Jason Patric (Lost Boys) when male ear piercing started to become mainstream...Oh, and I was not done yet. Funny how these two movies made ear piercing such a big deal.
    But seroiusly, as a kid, I was envious of the choices that women had. There was a local department store near me in the late 1970's that always had sales of ear-piercing combinations of right/left: 1:1, 2:2, 2:3...so on & so forth. I could not tell you how envious I was. My parents would have never approved if I ever even got one ear pierced. They freaked out when I actually went and did it. I am glad that times today are different.
    Though i'm not big on major piercings and ink.

Few noticed me

I did it at Clairs and i was surprised at how few noticed. I was in a conservative work place at the time
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Mine are not pierced but I would like to

I have considered this for a long time. I think it would be so nice to be able to wear normal earrings. I think they are another form of expression. If I retire I will probably get them pierced at least one in each lobe.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I've had my left one pierced since I was 16. I wore just one small gold stud for quite a few years, then for another significant length of time I took it out and had nothing. Then in my mid 30's I decided to start wearing a small hoop in my left ear and not only that but I thought I'd get the other one pierced too (for girly reasons ). It was one of the best things I've ever done. I now have one piercing in each ear.

I don't usually wear earrings to work, but once a woman co-worker commented that she could see that I have "holes" in both of my lobes and do I wear earrings? However, out of work I always wear both earrings all the time. Sometimes just plain gold studs, other times colored diamante studs and sometimes small hoops, all in boy of course. When en femme.....the sky's the limit!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

pierced ears

I have 2 piercings in each ear. The first piercings I did myself with a sewing needle. This was while I was in the military (they frown on guys wearing earrings). I had to remove my studs while at work and re-insert after. They took forever to heal!!! That was over 20 years ago. The second piercings were done a a jewelry store (I think it was Claire's). The studs I wear in the first piercing are 24/7 and have been in for about 2 years straight. The second piercings I prefer to wear french hooks which I wear nearly daily. I love the way they feel when they swing when I move my head.

Its so easy. You get a few comments to start off with (because you have to wear studs) but youy can shrug them off. They'll think your going through the menopause, not realising which one of course Definately get it done professionally, follow their advice and keep turning and disinfecting.

Also remember how much fun it is trying to find jewellery to match your outfits.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

myself

I pierce both ears myself 10 years before, don't have a problem

Two in the left and one in the right. No one really mentions anything about it, I wear earrings that are not very girly most of the time. I had them done at some store in a mall, nothing special.

Smile My pierced ears.

I pierced my own ears when i left school , i have three holers in each ear, i havent got a problem wearing studs or sleepers while in guy mode because i'm very much into the rock scene, but when Elvira takes over i just love wearing the long dangly type earings whith sparkling stones or big hoops!

I have doubles, and I used to ware studs in each hole, until a customer and two employees gave mega crap over them. So now I ware two, only one one side at a time. If was indeed bad form on their part. But I have a responsibility to my employer to keep customers. So far I haven't been back there.....yet.

you gals r very lucky to have pierced ears..

I've had my ears peirced for a long time. I can't remember low long it's been. Nobody seems to notice or care. I'm not sure what the big deal should be? it's just a pin sized hole.