Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do men cross dress?

I dress because it is in my nature - I've always done so, and always will. Searching for reasons beyond that is sorta pointless, I think.

I know, I'm shallow
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Because they want to and they can.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Because it feels great and is the more awesome fun out and about

Tash

I just remember looking at women and girls when I was very young and saying to myself that I wanted to be just like them. It made me feel normal.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

I never looked at it as why.

Until 4 years ago it wasn't even a passing thought.

Suddenly we found this feminine person who I didn't know I was carrying around. I need to know who she is. We like her. She has many unique characteristics and ideas.

How can she not be allowed to exist?

I must know who she is.

Because we are preprogramed to be the way we are and there is nothing we can do about it. We can attempt to suppress the feeling/act, but in the end this will only make us unhappy and depressed. It just sux that ppl are "forced" to wear certain clothing and look a certain way. If I like thongs, stockings and dresses, then I wish/should be allowed to dress in such a fashion. Clothing is just on the outside, when we strip naked, we are still the same person we were when we were wearing whatever fashion of clothing we chose to wear. I find myself (as well as most like me) more compassionate than other men and every girlfriend tells me, "You are different than any other guy I have ever dated". Unforturnatly, some can't take the cause with the benefits.
    I am who I am and that is all I will ever be

Because it's fun and exciting to do things "You shouldn't do" oh and it feels real good too.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I never ever got excited wearing a suit and tie but put me in a sexy dress and I am flying high in a crossdressers world! That is why I crossdress because it makes me feel fantastic!

emmi
    When I'm in male mode especially going to work or at a formal function I love a suit and tie. But that's also the reason I love crossdressing. One is the complete opposite of the other. It's the ability to be able to change between the two that charges me up. Pity those poor male souls who are too hung up to put a dress on, make up, heels etc. They are the misguided ones.

I also like

I love all things about being a lady. I have always loved it. Never have I liked the male stigma for those that do its fine for you. I have never felt that at all and don't like it at all. I would preffer being a lady full time witch I am now I love it it feels so wright. I'm lucky I have a wife that supports me 100%. I'm also bi and have a boyfriend that is a cd too. My wife knows her and they realy like each other. So for me its all things female Its just natural for me.

Because I love being a girl and feel pretty in dresses. I have felt I should have been a girl from an early age. I feel better and love life more as a girl.

I believe we are born that way

I have read a lot of posts on the topic, and it seems we are born with this desire. Considering the world we live in is not very understanding of men dressing as women, we must be born with it. Many have purged their closets and tried to stop, but seem to get the urge back even stronger.

After decades of beating myself up with "Why, oh why" questions that will never be answered I decided (with some input from my SO) to just get the hell on with it and enjoy this extra dimension to my person.

Nowadays I don't give a sh*t why I like to do it and life seems much kinder

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    Nowadays I don't give a sh*t why I like to do it and life seems much kinder
    This pretty much says it for me too, Just because that is what I like to do.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    I like to see after I am in a dating relationship. My need is the emotional connection missing from a woman.

I posted this on another thread that asks the same question.

Why is water wet and the sky blue? It just is. My reasons are myriad. I enjoy pushing boundries. I enjoy the feel, the look, and the mindset of crossdressing. I like to emulate women. I like to think of myself as a woman when dressed like one. It makes me feel giddy inside. It makes me feel good. I also get sexual gratification from it. Why? I don't know. I may get slammed for the rest of this post but oh well...its what I believe and feel to be true.

I believe that all of humanity is slowly but surely headed to the place where a persons gender does not matter. Where what a person wears does not matter. We as crossdressers just got there a little bit before everyone else. I think that Crossdressers are what was originally intended when humanity was created.

I believe we are the best of both worlds. We have both male and female instincts, (or try to anyway) and feelings. We have a mind that trys to encompass both sides of humanity. Are we perfect at it? No. But we TRY. I believe that women have already achieved this state, where they are able to express both masculine and feminine traits. Women already wear what was once considered masculine clothing. Does that make them crossdressers? No. It makes them WHOLE people.

I think that crossdressers are just men that are trying to get in balance with our true selves the way we were meant to be. A whole person. Able to be feminine and masculine in one body (except for the obvious bodily differences). But I am talking about the mental aspects of this. Boys are programmed differently than girls are. Society says boys act this way and girls you act that way.

But what would happen if kids were raised without the restrictions on gender differences that society puts on everyone? What would happen if a little boy expressed the desire to wear a dress to school instead of pants and was allowed to do so without anyone making fun or punishing him because thats only for little girls? He might just grow up to be a well rounded individual. I think that our world would be a different, BETTER place. Would it solve all of the worlds problems? No. But it would possibly help to make it a more tolerant one.

My love, hugs and kisses to all my sisters and, just as importantly, to all the women and Significant Others who have shown us the way to be a whole person and support us. They are the embodiment of all that we struggle and strive to achieve and be.

So I say Thank you Ladies, for being a bright and shining example to us.

Madison

Why?

I was told it was wrong
    I liked it
    They said I shouldn't
    I did it anyway
    You will be laughed at
    I'm the one laughing now
    You will be labels different

And?

What else is new.
    I do it for me, that all.
    I guess I'm selfish.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

because

because my high heels go better with a blouse and skirt than with my male tee shirt and jeans

I crossdress simply because I like the feel, look and variety of feminine clothes. When I am completely in fem mode with makeup, wig and all that I want to pass as a female but I don't actually want to be a woman in this life.

Saskatchewan, Middle of the Canadian Prairies
    I want to look pretty
    My Father is male, my Mother is female that makes me 50/50!

What else would I do with all the dresses, lingerie and heels I've bought? They're too big for my wife. It's a tough job, but someone has to wear them!!!

I crossdress simply because I love it!

I bookmarked the page as well
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Read only

Dressing this week because I am lonely

B-day this week. Alone so I am being held by satin. Slept a few times in a nite gown. I do anything for a soft, loving kiss from a woman.

Platinum Member

Had A choice ?

I didn't know I had a choice I thought it was something I had too do.
    .................................................. ................thanks.......ORCHID

I cross dress cause it the only gig right now. I wanted to be an astronaut but that pipe dream went down a black hole.

If men's fashions included Bras, panties , Petticoats, dresses, makeup, I'd be in like Flint.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

why do I crossdress

I crossdress as a relief from stress. Once dressed, I find the clothing, especially the satin and nylon, envigorate and arrouse me. I usually relieve myself soon after, and then just wear the clothing until I have to remove it.

Kathleen