Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big gift in a small box

A big gift in a small box

So my wifes aunt and uncle came up from San Antonio to spend Saturday with us as sort of a late Birthday party thing for me. Don’t ask me how old I am now because I just don’t feel like getting depressed. He has bought a bass guitar and I am trying to offer a little help in getting him up to speed on it, so we spent much of the day drinking beer, restringing guitars, and making noise. That night after we got my daughter to bed, he went out to their truck and returned with a small box.
    “I really hope this isn’t going to offend you!” they both started talking almost at the same time, and then got kind of quiet as I opened it. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but given their attitude and concern, it didn’t take a rocket scientist to have a clue what might be in that box. I opened it to find a cute little skirt and top hidden in there. It was a perfect casual outfit, very much what would be popular with women these days. They started talking over each other, talking about how they had chosen it, and how they had hoped I would get a good laugh out of it.

I wanted to laugh with them, but I just couldn’t. I was so very touched and grateful for everything that this little box represented. Only a month or so ago did I confide in them what I was, and here was proof positive that they were OK with it. Far more important than the outfit itself, the message that little box brought was huge and says so many things:
    “It’s OK”
    “We are reasonably comfortable with it”
    “We are willing to laugh with you”
    “We love you.”

How can you possibly say “Thank you” enough for a gift like that?

You can't Kim..Love surpasses all!

Kim -- I remember your telling us about how they kept asking if you dressed and you finally told them you did. Yes, I guess that gift proves outright that they were OK with you and your dressing. I guess that there is no adequate way to say thank you for the outfit because the gift represents more than just the clothes in the box.
    The best way to say thank you would be to say it and tell them how much it really means to you above and beyond the material items they gave you.
    Kim, thanks for sharing this story. Hope I can finish typing this because my eyes are tearing up again.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

That is great. What nice people. Did you try the outfit on for them?
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle[/SIZE]

WOW, that's amazing! My family wouldn't be at all accepting except for maybe my sister. As for extended family, my uncle was at one time the sheriff of a county in GA and my cousin is a deputy sherrif there, very country and as I heard him say once, "he just hates those damn queers." I'm sure that crossdressing would be lumped into the same category.

On a funny sidenote, I'm just picturing you in guy mode, playing with guitars, drinking beer, belching and opening a box with a skirt and blouse. It's a very strange picture.

[SIZE="3"]Aww.... Kimberly, you are so lucky to have such supportive family. I would send them a card to express my thanks if I were you.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar
    Great story Kim! I think a good way to thank them is to get yourself all done up and have a few pictures taken in the outfit then pick the best one,frame it and put it in a box for them as a gift.

April

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar
    Kim;

What a wonderful heartwarming story, what outstanding in-laws.

Kim, your genuineness, kindness, gentle spirit and true manliness in relation to your wife (thier neice) and children makes them very proud to have an inlaw like you!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Big hug, Kim. That is so darned sweet. You have the nicest in-laws any tgirl could ask for. Good on 'em.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Hi Kim,

I am jealous of you and the relationship you have with your family. They are so understanding and supportive, what a wonderful thing.

Tell me, do you share? Do they ever get up into the Northeast? I need relatives like that...

Nicole

Gold Member
    Very cool Kimberly. Your wife's aunt and uncle sound like wonderful people.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonianne View Post
    Kim, your genuineness, kindness, gentle spirit and true manliness in relation to your wife (thier neice) and children makes them very proud to have an inlaw like you!
    Completely that is. Based on your stories Kimberly, you seem to have a way with people that puts them at ease.

As far as sending them a picture or modeling. Well, you would know if that is right in this case. Myself, I would be hesitant since this part of your relationship is just gelling and they may not be ready for that kind of jump. No need for a setback.

Wow, how cool is this!

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    How cool is that? see you do inspire more folks than you think!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

That's fabulous! I'm at a loss for words. I couldn't imagine that kind of thing ever happening to me. I'm happy for you, and with you!

Dang! I'm all choked up!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

What a beautiful demonstration of complete and total love. Your aunt and uncle see in you what so many others see, a full and complete person... one who is worthy of being loved and loving back. A person who makes their own lives better merely be being a part of them. Treasure them, as I am sure you do.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

That is so great! I'm very happy for you.
    Mary

Such acceptance is so rare here it is nice to read about it. I am so happy for you and like some others it brings tears of joy to my eyes. I would send them a thank you card but would add what it has really meant to you beyond the nice outfit.

That's really moving and lovely.

Thank you folks, it really was very touching and I of course told them this multiple times. They DID ask for pics but here is the bad news - it's too small!

Aspiring Member
    I am deeply moved. Wonderful

Really wonderful!!

Kim I again read your tales and see how wonderful your life is. I'm very happy for you that you have family and friends accept you for who you are.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

That is really great and how wonderful that they are so quickly accepting.. I'm slowly in the process of coming out to all my extended family and my wife is getting OK with it. All are all OK with my painted toe nails and today (Labor Day) we will have 22 people over for a pool party. 3-4 that do not know yet, including my mother in law. Should be interesting

Send us a shot of you in your new outfit and have a wonderful Labor Day.

You have made my mascara run hun. That is a great story. Very touching that they would do that to show that you are accepted and loved. Give them a hug for all of us when you see them next will ya hun.
    [SIZE="2"]All those that believe in telekenesis, raise my hand.[/SIZE]