Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So...

Aye, no one expected that one, did they
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

'Gater, gamer, sleeper Ellie Lierae's Avatar
    Wow this thread has gone so off the beat track it deserves a mickey mouse badge.

Personly i dont post often unless i have something constructive to say, or its a random thread about random things, but Ze your always a laugh when I read your posts. Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Lierae View Post
    Wow this thread has gone so off the beat track it deserves a mickey mouse badge.

Personly i dont post often unless i have something constructive to say, or its a random thread about random things, but Ze your always a laugh when I read your posts. Keep it up
    Aww thanks! I'm always out to make people chuckle. (Unless I'm sad, then I demand hugs and a puppy.)

So I get a Mickey Mouse badge now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post

So I get a Mickey Mouse badge now?
    You already got the ears in another thread shheeeesh greedy aren't we?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Lierae View Post
    it deserves a mickey mouse badge.
    Mickey Mouse badge? I have Mickey Mouse boxers...wanna see?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    You already got the ears in another thread shheeeesh greedy aren't we?
    I also want a Donald Duck toy! Gimmie!

Quote Originally Posted by NiCo View Post
    Mickey Mouse badge? I have Mickey Mouse boxers...wanna see?
    [SIZE="4"]NO![/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]NO![/SIZE]

*crawls into Lori's ghastly decorated cave*

...I just thought it'd be a nice idea to open the floor up for some dialogue...
    It would have been nice. It's just a little hard to take this seriously when a thread is taken off-topic with such glee and abandon. If we ladies had come into your house and started posting pictures of us in our underware, in your threads, would you feel respected? If we purposely took your threads off topic would you be happy? I guess boys will be boys.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Individual

Forms of Laziness...

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    ... It may also just be laziness- sometimes for example I can say something,it may not get responded to, but then someone else says the same thing & gets kudos for it...
    Having made it a formal research project of mine to study group and personal identities, I spend a lot of time looking at online fora. In some fora, it is a very important part of the culture for contributors to respond to appropriate parts of the "tree".

In other words, if someone starts a thread, you respond to that thread. If one of those responses is particularly interesting, you respond to that message, not another message or the original poster (OP).

It is my observation (completely non-judgmental) that such cultural norms are not as strong on this forum. Contributors have a tendency to respond to any part of the tree, referencing almost any other part of the tree.

This is partly due to the various modes of display (e.g., Threaded, Linear, or Hybrid). Partly, it might simply be another form of laziness.

The techie in me wants everything categorized, but (fortunately for everyone) I am not in charge.

As a result, though, I have a feeling that much very good contribution gets lost in the chaff.

There you go -- your daily dose of original sociological research.

I should go paint my nails.

Right, well, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    It would have been nice. It's just a little hard to take this seriously when a thread is taken off-topic with such glee and abandon. If we ladies had come into your house and started posting pictures of us in our underware, in your threads, would you feel respected? If we purposely took your threads off topic would you be happy? I guess boys will be boys.
    Sorry, Holly. I truly was serious about this thread in the beginning, but I liked how everybody seemed able to joke around with one another soon enough. I was seeing it as a good sense of community; that we were able to feel this laid back. I personally feel that the various identities here don't play around nearly as much as we should. So I saw this thread as progress. We allow goofiness with the other identities a lot in the non-MtF sections, so it seemed refreshing to have both a serious and fun thread like this. (At least, I hadn't heard any complaints! I was getting PMs of thanks!)

But of course, also, I would never go into another section and start derailing somebody else's thread. But since it was my own, I figured it was more acceptable.

Edit: Thanks for the dose of sociology, Stephanie.
    Last edited by Ze; 09-09-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Individual

Laughing out loud...

...Thanks for the dose of sociology, Stephanie.
    I laughed out loud to see the response to my boring blah, blah, blah about threading and identities posted to a different part of the tree.

Made my day Ze.

You seem to be living joyfully through your posts; keep it up. I like joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Heplby View Post
    I laughed out loud to see the response to my boring blah, blah, blah about threading and identities posted to a different part of the tree.

Made my day Ze.

You seem to be living joyfully through your posts; keep it up. I like joy.
    Joy kicks ass.

But no, I actually really like sociology. I never thought I'd get a post on a sociological perspective! It was great!

If we get any comments, they'll be on the lines of, "Okay, no more transmen in the MtF section!"
    I kinda like men in underwear

Lol.

definitely better than naked men
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

definitely better than naked men
    There goes my next thread idea...

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_Marie View Post
    I kinda like men in underwear
    I have a pair of Homer Simpson boxers one of you could borrow.
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

*rummages through FAC's* There HAS to be a rule about boxers and posting There HAS to be....search boxers....search Anime' boxers... search cartoon boxers. OK :Ze: and Nico get ready cuz here come the black panty pictures!!!!!!!
    Obviously there's a bias on this site.

"definitely better than naked men"
    "There goes my next thread idea..."
    Something you wanted to share?
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 09-09-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Obviously there's a bias on this site.

"definitely better than naked men"
    "There goes my next thread idea..."
    Something you wanted to share?
    Indeed, but my sharing would get me kicked off the board. And you would all need eye-bleach afterward.

I absolutely wouldn't ignore anyone, I feel like that happens to me a bit here to, well not just here, anywhere. I understand it though, I don't always read all the responses, I'm usually just on here for a few min. to see what's going on. If I have anything relevant to say about the topic, I may read the first few responses but I just don't have the time (and I'm kinda lazy) to read all the responses. I've checked out the F to M section, but very briefly, and haven't posted there, yet.

So apologies and

Quote Originally Posted by Angelofsomekind View Post
    I absolutely wouldn't ignore anyone, I feel like that happens to me a bit here to, well not just here, anywhere. I understand it though, I don't always read all the responses, I'm usually just on here for a few min. to see what's going on. If I have anything relevant to say about the topic, I may read the first few responses but I just don't have the time (and I'm kinda lazy) to read all the responses. I've checked out the F to M section, but very briefly, and haven't posted there, yet.

So apologies and
    No apology necessary, but it's sweet of you to do so. And please, if you want to post in the FtM section and have the time, feel free. We'd love to have you and the other ladies around more.

Yeah, what Deja said!

Oh, and I promise of you ever DO go streaking through here, you will get plenty of attention.

You know, before I made the response above, I desperately searched for something nice and smart assy to say that would offend everyone equally, but somehow it just eludes me. Guess I'll have to tag team it off to Suzy and Deja and see of they can come up with something offensive but cute to say. . .

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Yeah, what Deja said!

Oh, and I promise of you ever DO go streaking through here, you will get plenty of attention.
    Don't tempt me.

You know, before I made the response above, I desperately searched for something nice and smart assy to say that would offend everyone equally, but somehow it just eludes me. Guess I'll have to tag team it off to Suzy and Deja and see of they can come up with something offensive but cute to say. . .
    Take your time. We'll wait. (Sorry, I hadn't meant to pick a smiley that looked so ticked! )

. . . Take your time. We'll wait.
    ROFL - That IS one of my personality flaws: I only think of "quick" come backs one or two days later. Of course by then it aint so quick or amusing . . .