Thread: We've Broken Through!

We've Broken Through!

Got an email from Southwest requesting that I update my travel profile to comply with TSA requirements, one of the questions they are asking all their customers: "Gender at time of reservation?"

Now, that's pretty cool!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I got a notice from Southwest today too. It stated that I could update my profile by adding Gender on my ID, Date of birth and a couple of other items. i didn't see the "Gender at time of reservation." But I like that idea. You, of course, would have no problem putting in a capital "F"!

Gold Member
    Wow..now that's a progressive corporation!

I just checked mine and it did not say "at time of reservation". Seems "at time of flight" would be more important.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I like it better without a government required profile.
    ~Samm
    PS I do feel rather sorry for anybody in the states who has never flown before.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    I just checked mine and it did not say "at time of reservation". Seems "at time of flight" would be more important.
    Here is the message I got from Southwest, emphasis added:

Secure Flight was recently introduced by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), which now requires Customers to provide full name (including middle name as it appears on your government issued photo ID that will be presented at the airport), date of birth, and gender at time of booking. This program has been designed to enhance security around air travel for all passengers, and will help reduce passenger misidentification.
    I suppose it is possible that one's gender could change between the time of the booking and the time of the flight if one had a very efficient surgeon! Political correctness run amok...

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post

Secure Flight was recently introduced by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), which now requires Customers to provide full name (including middle name as it appears on your government issued photo ID that will be presented at the airport), date of birth, and gender at time of booking. This program has been designed to enhance security around air travel for all passengers, and will help reduce passenger misidentification.
    Sorry girls, but I don't read it this way. I see 'at time of booking' referring to 'provide', not to 'gender'.

As in: "...now requires Customers to provide (all this information) at time of booking."

Miniskirts are electric JennaByNight's Avatar
    Killjoy! LOL!

I got the same thing. Doesn' say anything about gender at the time of booking only gender

Action Required: TSA Changes Require You To Update Your Account
    Dear xxxxxx,
    Southwest Airlines has been working in cooperation with the TSA to introduce Secure Flight, a federally mandated program designed to help enhance the security of domestic and international commercial air travel through the use of improved watch list* matching.

Southwest Airlines is therefore required to collect additional Secure Flight Passenger Data, which includes:
    • Your full name, exactly as it appears on the current (non-expired) government-issued photo ID that you will be traveling with
    • Date of birth
    • The TSA-issued Redress Number** (if applicable)

Update your MySouthwest Account Now
    All Southwest Airline Customers are able to update their account information once so that it is compliant with TSA requirements. It is recommended that you do so before your next flight to minimize your chances of being delayed or held in TSA security check-points.

If you have reservations for future travel, and booked without full name, birth date, and gender, there is no need to add this additional information prior to your upcoming trip.

Just log-on to MySouthwest using your Rapid Rewards number (included above), update the above required information, and you're done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!