Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was I born a Cross Dresser ?

I think so. Why would we do this if we didn't need to? I absolutely love the time I am enfemme, and would spend more time if it were possible.

Okay, not at birth, just very soon after. Very much nature and not nurture.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    At least one gene has been found to be more common in MtF TSs then general population. That strongly indicates that it is caused by a series of genes.

Scientists involved in that discovery have stated they expect that every step on the gender spectrum is largely caused by some or more of the same genes.

So while not yet proven conclusively yet science suggests you likely inherited a genetic predisposition to CD activated perhaps by a double-expression of the gene, by an epigenetic activation of a gene or some other similar.

like you thanks to mom..she never said anything but take them off ( meaning her white playtex long line girdle and white socks I was only four years old ) after that at six or seven yrs old I went to her rubber long line playtex girdle the one with the side hook and eye closer w/ a zipper and four garters which I tried her nylons on. I also tried on her bra. Nothing fit at all but felt very good against my skin. took my breath away. I did alot more after that at different ages. will tell more later

Yes, Yes, and, Yes - we all were. Enjoy life, it goes by way too fast. I'd much rather have fond memories than sayin to myself " I wish I had..."
    Ms Kanuchi

I might have been born this way...but I don't remember!
    I've always been attracted to girls and wanted to look like them. It all started with the very long hair. It's so feminine.....Then girl's make-up and perfume....Then after the family moved to another home, I saw a guy in the bus with hair longer than his butt! That's when I realized that it could be me....with make-up and perfume.... I've fantasized for many years before actually getting out dressed wearing a wig with natural hair to my lower back....Actually, I believe it took me too many years....
    A.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by bettysmith
    I think I was born to cross dress , does anyone else think they were????

[SIZE="2"]I think I was predisposed to being sensitive, so the boy clothes I had to wear just didn’t agree with me in a tactile sense. I don’t recall being an infant, but when I was a young boy I remember those stiff, board-like blue jeans that didn’t bend or fit properly. Shirts had tight collars, jackets were shapeless, and shoes were downright miserable. Maybe I was born a crossdresser, because I knew I had to find something more comfortable, colorful, and tasteful to wear. Here on Earth that mean’s girl’s clothes, followed by women’s clothing and every other feminine thing out there…[/SIZE]

THE NEW AGE STARTDUST Gavin Orion Deedle's Avatar
    wearing womens clothing is why i got into fashion in the first place...seeing a few extremly cute boys that were in full dress is what turned me bi...my second male male relationship is where i found that i absolutely have got to become a very femme boy (if you want to know the story pm me)...i would really like anyone with any suggestions about becoming more femme...pm me

p.s.
    if you want me to tell you a story for the heck of it i do enjoy telling storys...just pm me and tell me what kind of story youd want to hear
    [SIZE="3"]If you are not happy with yourself then change who you are, if you are happy with yourself then the world and what they think about you can piss off.[/SIZE]

Jamie,

At last , someone else who remembers wearing plastic pants, by choice , as a child .

Betty

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    At least one gene has been found to be more common in MtF TSs then general population. That strongly indicates that it is caused by a series of genes.
    The thread title was about CD not TS.

Hey Betty,
    Although I can't speak for everyone, I am certain I was born a crossdresser. I've been dressing up in mom's clothes since before I was 5. At the time I didn't think much of it but eventually the social pressures got the best of me and I went through the hectic binge-purge process - the urge never letting up. Then finally in my early twenties I decided to accept myself for what I am regardless of what others expect. Been happy as a clam ever since!
    Why wear pants??

Don't know if I was born into it,but I still remember my sister putting me in a dress at age 8 or 9. I liked the feeling,and remember saying,"I love wearing a dress ! " 48 years later I still feel that way.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brown View Post
    The thread title was about CD not TS.
    Didn't you manage to read the third sentence?

"Scientists involved in that discovery have stated they expect that every step on the gender spectrum is largely caused by some or more of the same genes"

I suggest you read all the sentences, especially as that was a very short post, or you may easilly missunderstand what people are saying. Including following the link I'll be providing in a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Yes, but it's interesting to speculate whether (if there's a genetic component to TS) there's also a genetic component to crossdressing. Any idea, Battybattybats ?

You see, all of us saying how we dressed up as a child might be quite irrelevant. All children like dressing up, and 25% of men have dressed as a woman some time. The point is what makes us do it so often?
    I wrote on this on my blog back in May. An important comment by Riki on Zoe Brain's blog is reproduced in that post http://caveofrationality.blogspot.co...causation.html Key piece worth quoting is:

I interviewed Dick Swaab, whose lab produced the BSTc research that is the strongest evidence for a neurological correlate for trans...
    ..He also explicitly supported the idea that there is a biological causation for the whole range of gender identity variations:

"I think we talked about a scale like the Kinsey scale for sexual orientation – we should also have a gender identity scale. It is not either this or that; there is also something in between. The distribution will not be simple, but here will be people somewhere in the middle."

"So it is not the entire brain that is switching, it is some systems, and that may also be the explanation for the [gender identity] scale. Some systems do switch and others don’t and it depends on which systems have switched where you enter on the scale."
    So there's the referance that scientists involved in showing TS is biologically caused believe that CDing, as its part of that gender spectrum mentioned, will also be found to be similarly biologically caused. Not yet proved by science but predicted as likely by those scientists most expert in the subject.

Beware the beast in black The Gas Man Cometh's Avatar
    Well I've no idea if I was born this way, but transgendered elements are rampant in my immediate family. We're all fairly open minded, LGBT accepting and loving. I suspect my brother is a CDer, as well as me. Growing up, he was the feminine one and I was the masculine one, though I'd always see him in male clothing.

My parents would give me his old hand-me-downs, (He's 5 years my senior) I'd ride his BMX bike, play with his remote control car, and play with his skateboard from as young as 5 until about 16 or so. He sold his remote control car, had his bike stolen and smashed up his skateboard. Now I have my OWN remote control car, but still miss BMX riding. Never really got into skate boarding.

I was given male and female toys growing up, I loved LEGO as much as Barbie. Mum would try to put me in dresses (though never did complain about shorts and t-shirts) while dad would get me to help him smash up old concrete with a sledge hammer. Neither masculinity nor femininity was rejected in me but thankfully, equally nurtured by my whole family.

I suppose I've always had an equally strong male and female side. However, I do remember when I was about 4 or 5, I'd try to stand over the toilet and say to myself "I wanna pee like a boy!" And whenever I played 'make-believe games' with one of my female friends, I'd ALWAYS want to play the male character. Even today online, in games I pick the male characters.

I have no idea where Thomas really came from, I'm just happy he's there.
    [SIGPIC]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/LadyVIolence/biohazardSP.jpg[/SIGPIC]

+Brace yourself, for The Gas Man Cometh!+

It's just my opinion but I'm sure that crossdressing is neurological and/or hormonal in nature and it runs in families. So enjoy it. It's NOT a mental illness and if you ask me I think it's supposed to be fun !

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    So there's the referance that scientists involved in showing TS is biologically caused believe that CDing, as its part of that gender spectrum mentioned, will also be found to be similarly biologically caused. Not yet proved by science but predicted as likely by those scientists most expert in the subject.
    "scientists" huh? Right, whatever. Now you want to consolidate CD and TS? Sorry, but I don't buy it. Bottom line is that it's just another excuse. It's not that hard to find an excuse for cd-ing if you're looking for one. Nobody was "born" a cd. It's a conscious personal choice each individual makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brown View Post
    "scientists" huh? Right, whatever. Now you want to consolidate CD and TS? Sorry, but I don't buy it. Bottom line is that it's just another excuse. It's not that hard to find an excuse for cd-ing if you're looking for one. Nobody was "born" a cd. It's a conscious personal choice each individual makes.
    Then please explain to me why I was attracted to playing dressup and female things when I was only a small child..there was no conscious decision or desire to dress ..it was all natural for me and still is to this day. I don't think you understand..some of us are not looking for excuses

This is the old "nature or nurture" debate?

If you take a male child and raise them as a female ~ then they will identify as female?

If you take a female child and raise them as male ~ they will identify as male?

The fact of the matter is? That the default for the human fetus is female, up to about six weeks.

If the fetus is to become a male? Then certain things have to kick in.

There's a whole range of things that have to kick in?

Turning gonads from ovaries into testicles, changing a potential clitoris into a penis. Etc.

There's a "hormonal wash" that takes place.

This hormonal wash "hard wires" the brain to be either feminine or masculine.

Or?

Somewhere in between.

There's two different sections of the brain that control gender orientation and sexual orientation.

Thus there's at least 26 different combinations ~ or permutations of possible sexual and gender orientations possible.

Per Natural Geographic TV? Possibly even more?

With that being said? The NGTV show I saw last night, demonstrated that almost 50% of all life on Earth is hermathicdic.

Fish go from being female to male ~ male to female. Starfish change from female to male. As do many other species?

The problem is that people are socialized and collateralized into binary thinking?

We're taught that a thing is right or wrong? White or black? Something is yes or no?

We're entrapped into thinking what we consider "logical" and thus entrapped into a singular world.

We're entrapped into thinking ~ this is it! This is my world! This is all I am! All I can be! All I can express? I can go no further!

I'm confided to this "definition" of reality! This is my three dimensional reality!

I know I'm trangendered ~ and know that I'm as my last LTR GF ~ part Girl?

It doesn't have anything to do with wearing women's clothes?

It has to do with self awarness, self acceptance, of who and what I am.

In short? Finding myselfe!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Jenny, don't you sometimes feel we CDs need all the help we can get? I get mine from inspirational people, poetry, and scientific knowledge... I don't get it from cynics and sneerers.

I don't think Battybattybats' point is to "consolidate" CD and TS. I myself have a theory that these are just two of the ten or more axes along which we measure sex and gender. Now it seems clear that six of those axes are genetically determined (chromosomes, hormones, genitals, physical appearance, brain sex and sexual preference). So perhaps others are too? This doesn't "consolidate" them, any more than it consolidates brain sex and penis length, or hormone balance and homosexuality. It just suggests that there may be similar types of origin.

Case not proven, faulty logic.
    If you wish to address me, take it to PM.

Not really, it just happened...

Banned Read only
    I would say we are born with the urge and desire to cross dress, some of us just act on it quicker than others.

You're going to get a wide range of opinions, because there are so many reasons why we crossdress, and a good percentage of people either don't know why they do it, or don't want to know. Mine is in my bio.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

im almost positive that my mom wanted a girly girl when i was born. she had lost two sons as infants ,less than 1 month old ,and then my sister was born who was a real tomboy. when i came along three years later it was her last chance at having a girly girl. i have acouple of memoires as a small child of wearing my sisters things ,and of being a dress dummy when mom took in sewing. there was a tiny bit bit of experminting with her girldes and such at purperty,but really nothing of any signifiance till my wife help me discover my femine side, its like she turned on a water faucet that wont turn off, and i love it

I can of grew into liking it, i just was always wishing i could dress up girly and finally started doing so. now i cant stop
    Shun Goku Satsu. Ms. Raging demon

Interesting question. Well I think I have always been attracted to feminine clothing my ewntire life. I remember as a small child, even as young as 4-5 getting excited when the Sears catolog would arrive. I'd run off to be on my own and you'd think I'd be into the toy section but I always looked at the womens section first. I always loved the femininity of the blouses and undergarmets.

I've always been very aware of my desires to dress and they have always been part of who I am. Was I born this way...who know but I pretty much feel as if I was... and am not complaining at all...