Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Was I born a Cross Dresser ?

Aspiring Member
    I believe that I was born this way. But it took me a long time to figure out which way I was. My earliest memories of wearing girls clothing were when I was four years old. When I was about seven my mother caught me wearing a dress. As she helped me out of it she told me that boys don't wear dresses. When I asked her why she just said," Because, that's just the way it is." That made no sense to me then and still doesn't now.
    Back fifty years ago the general public didn't know about TG,TS,CD, and all of the other letters. People were either normal or homosexual. I'm sure that my mother was afraid that if I wore dresses I might turn into a homosexual. For a few years I thought I must be gay. But then there was a problem. I was attracted to girls. So I couldn't even do gay right.
    Then I figured I was just a CD. But as the years go by I realize that I'm somewhere between a straight CDer and a transsexual. I just call myself transgendered. But I know that my family didn't make me this way. Now, like one of the other girls said, I consider my condition a gift. A gift that causes my wife grief but still a gift. I would never take a magic pill to change myself back to a normal. Who wants to be a normal? That's no fun. Leanne

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bettysmith View Post
    As far back as I can remember i have been attracted to womens clothing.
    It started when as a baby I can remember some sort of contentment
    wearing plastic pants .

I overheard my mother telling her friend that she really wanted a girl.
    She would dress me in relations hand me downs , and I have pics of me as a child dressed in frilly dresses . No wonder I cross dress now !!!!

I then moved on to my mothers underwear , i wore her girdles , slips and nylons , and the thrill i got when dressed was fabulous.
    I would dress in her clothes whenever I could.

I am now married and have been for 30 years, and despite periods of trying to not cross dress , i always weaken and return and enjoy it.

I think I was born to cross dress , does anyone else think they were????

Betty
    Almost my story my mother said the same things and I to wondered if that is true. I do know that for me it was my mothers comments even when shopping I was told "to bad your not a girl! theres more pretty things for girls than boys" so thats me.

Crossdressing

I started early too as my mum had small breasts she had special bras. I enjoyed sneaking in to her room and trying it on. It felt the feminine side of me come right out. It is hard to not be able to go out in public but I enjoy dressing up in private. I have gay friend that know what I do and he doesn't mind me wearing female clothes while watching movies at his place.
    Mandy60

I'll join the club that says their parents wanted a girl. I remember when my mom was pregnant with my sister ( I was 6 at the time) that my dad used to talk about how they had enough boys (I was youngest of three), and he hoped they'd have a girl this time.
    I did try on some of my mom's stuff before my sister came along though. I can remember trying on her stockings and girdles and clip-on earings even before I started school, so I must have been four or so...

A number of years ago I saw a man in a gay pride parade bearing a placard that said "my mother made me a homosexual". Beside him was another fellow with a sign that said "if I buy the wool, will she make me one too?".

I don't know what the causes are, or if someone or something is to blame. If you can call it blame. I am not sure it matters. It won't make any difference to me if one thing or the other is the cause. All that is important is how we deal with it.

Alana

I feel good about being a man, and feel like I want the best of both worlds. If there is a latent female inside me, she seems satisfied by wearing panties, hose and maybe a camisole - under regular casual attire, almost every day. There is no doubt in my mind that I have been "hard-wired" since birth with this desire to feel feminine. I don't know if I'm just kidding myself - maybe this means something much more.
    [SIZE="2"]I want the things that make her womanly.....[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by bettysmith View Post
    As far back as I can remember i have been attracted to womens clothing.
    It started when as a baby I can remember some sort of contentment
    wearing plastic pants .

I overheard my mother telling her friend that she really wanted a girl.
    She would dress me in relations hand me downs , and I have pics of me as a child dressed in frilly dresses . No wonder I cross dress now !!!!

I then moved on to my mothers underwear , i wore her girdles , slips and nylons , and the thrill i got when dressed was fabulous.
    I would dress in her clothes whenever I could.

I am now married and have been for 30 years, and despite periods of trying to not cross dress , i always weaken and return and enjoy it.

I think I was born to cross dress , does anyone else think they were????

Betty
    Hi Betty, I think that your situation is a mirror image of mine. My mother thought she was going to have a baby girl, but much to her surprise I arrived. She had only purchased frilly clothes for a little girl so that is how she passed me off in the beginning. As I grew a little older ( two to three years) she continued to dress me as a little girl. I didn't know any difference, and loved my frilly clothes.As time went on she felt that it was important to change me into a little boy. At first I rebelled but finally gave in.

In later years I was still attracted to feminine clothing, so, every opportunity I had, I would slip into something of the opposite sex. The feeling never left. I love crossdressing and also think I was born to do it.
    Marcie R.

I dont know!!!

I cant remember clearly what made me a CD but one thing i know is that i never fit into the stereo type male image, i was always myself i like playing foot ball and wrestling around with my friends though i was smart enough to avoid extremely rough games that may cause an injury. At the same time still like to play with dolls and spend sometime with the girls gist with them and play dress up as well, this happened as far back as i can remember.

One major thing i can vividly remember is that i was vain and my mum use to complain that i like looking at the mirror and admire myself right from the beginning, which force me to wear some dark lip liner to enhance my lips and eyes.

Yes and as i mentioned in some threads that my sister use to dress me up very often and wished i was her little sister.
    Last edited by Hali; 10-28-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Born CD or turned CD

Hi All: Well I have no idea if I was born a CDer

but I know the exact date I decided to devote myself to wearing brassieres and panties and being a sissy.

I was a self conscious 14yo boy with tits

and a pretty young woman touched my arm, smiled and got so close I could smell her perfume when she whispered in my ear

That my tits were as big as hers and I should be wearing a bra.

A week later I saw my older sisters black lace underwire 36B bra on the floor and I picked it up and tried it on.

I put my arms thru the straps leaned forward (as I had watched my mother) and fastened the band behind me .

As I nestled my little boi titties into those lace cups I almost feinted from the intensity of the sensations.

I looked in the mirror and I was wearing a bra full of tits and looked great and I had tits like a young woman and I loved it

So in that instant I knew I would wear bras forever and be a sissy man in lingerie.

As the witch said:
    [SIZE="4"]SURRENDER DOROTHY[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Pre-wired

Well I'm pretty sure the wiring was preinstalled in my case (to use a more male analogy). In fact, I suspect everyone has most of the wiring present at birth. I think a variety of chemical (hormones) and experiential (learning and feedback) occurences just connect the wiring to the fuse panel and voila the pink lights go on.

Now that I've used that analogy, I actually don't like it. I've always thought that CDing was just an outward expression of a very deep characteristic central to my personality. It's not something I created or was trained into me. It's there and for all the times I have tried to ignore it or act like it doesn't exist, there's not getting around the fact that it is part of me - like my brown eyes.

In reality, the older I get the more thankful, believe it or not, I am for it. But that's another thread altogether.

Yes it's there from birth.
    Lauren

Gold Member
    Don't know for sure, but since I've had these feelings ever since I was a kid, and am really feeling the urge now, I would say I was definitely programmed for this. Especially since when I do dress up, I have this overwhelming feeling of contentment, as if this was a completely normal thing for me to do...which, of course, it is!!

I am almost certain I was. I honestly can't remember how early in life I started.

I started with wearing pantyhose at like age 7. I didn't know why I wanted to then. I was born TG be it CD/TV whatever you call it, I didn't just decide to start wearing womens clothing and find people like us "normal", it's always been this way and I like it. I can't stop the urge and feel so comfortable when I do dress. I just wish I could express Ashlee more without repercussions but it is what it is.

The Brady Bunch is responsible.

The concensous seems to be, and I'd have agree that it's inate- there's never been a time when I didn't want to do it, not doing is only because of the social consequences. It's the transformation that I wonder about- it's not crossdressing the sense of say a female wearing pants but rather the need to transform into a person (at least temporarily) with a different anatomy. Dressing is just a manifestation of this need to change our form. I have no desire to become a woman and I'm 100% heterosexual so what drives this is entirely confusing to me. It's not an addication but the need to do it is just as strong.

Former Member
    Yes

I remember when I was a little boy and mom gave us our Easter outfits. I was so envious of my sisters little dress. I had to wear a stupid coat and tie.

I'm doing my best to make up for that now!

Ok Jane. How is the Brady Bunch responsible?

i was about 12 years old when i started wearing my sisters clothes.

Well in my mind I'm not sure anyone is born anything. I think fresh-from-the-mom babies are pure clean slates. See I can say this because I'm a twin and me and my brother are similar but also vastly differnt and I believe that its because differnt things came up in our lives. See my brother isn't a CDer at all, while I on the other hand 'am. Now what is the big difference you may ask? Well for one I grew close to my mother while he grew close to our father. In my younger years all of my friends were girls and his were boys.

These days my brother is a macho guy trying to become a police officer. I'm a freelance writer who has a thing for CDing. I was surrounded by more fem stuff and he was surrounded by more masculine stuff. When we play video games together I play girls he plays boys and thats how its always been (for a short while he played girls but he told me that "if I'm going to play a game all day I wana look at something hot," which wasn't the same reason I was doing it haha).

With that said I think everyone is born *blank* and we can become more fem or masculine

Yes I was also born a cd , my eariest memories was putting on lipstick watching Sally Star about age 5-6 . It is unusual, my mother had a miscarriage before me and it was a girl and I am the youngest of 3 boys. She wanted a girl real bad . I was looking over some early pics of me and in one I was brushing the hair of a doll at about age 7. She dressed me up as Raggidy Ann not Andy for halloween once and put bright red lipstick on me.. I was so happy when she did that!!!

I remember trying on mom's things at about age 7 or so. I have gone through a few phases, still don't know how CD i am, but enjoying the moments I have.

Inge

I did start crossdressing at an early age. Born to be one? Maybe.. I am happy to play the cards I have been delt.

Smile

For me, it wasnt' the same. I'm gay now, but never really felt gay earlier or in high school. I didn't look at other guys, and I didn't think that I should or shouldn't be looking at other guys, I just didn't. It wasn't a thought in my mind until college.
    Now I'm out of college and my crossdressing has snuck up the same way. It was never anything that crossed my mind until I just saw a few images and read a few things over the past couple years, and it began slowly and has matured only recently. I'm 29 now, and probably never even thought about crossdressing until I was 27, but I LOVE IT.
    It seems so natural and fulfilling. Its made me pretty happy. In fact, I'm about as happy as I've ever been in my life (considering all things, not just the dressing). Now I just got to find someone else who feels the same. I'm single and would love to find another guy on here who loves to dress.

And thats another thing; almost everyone here is straight. Do we have many other gay friends amongst our cds here?

My SO, who is a CD, remembers a time that his mom walked into him and his brother's room to wake them up and when she pulled back his brother's covers, he was wearing a bra. We don't know if he still CD. But, it does seem to have implications with genetics, doesn't it?