Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was I born a Cross Dresser ?

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I have been a crossdresser since I was a baby. I wore a christening dress when I was barely a month old, and have strongly desired to wear female clothes ever since I became self-aware at the age of about 18 months.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]I dress, So therefore I am ![/SIZE]

Michelle-Leigh

I'm pretty sure i was. At an early age my older sister's played dress up with me. I have memories no idea what age but being very young and my grandmother catching me late at night getting into her underwear and wearing them. As much as i have tried to fight it I'm never gone from ti for long. Hopefully now here to stay.

I don't know if I was born a crossdresser, but a lifelong series of conditioning and events. I have thought about this question a lot and have done a bit of theorizing and research on my end. I'm only going to summarize some of my thoughts. *Edit* forgot to mention these thoughts are for why I am a crossdresser.

1. I am a twin, have been so all my life. Sometimes I blame the thought of not having a seperate identity from my alter ego (perceive that way in public's eyes) that this has manipulated my from a very age. I started dressing when I was about 9.

2. My brother came out of the closet as a homosexual when we were 15. I find that very interesting biologically.

3. Shortly before I started dressing, my older brother (11) was hit and killed by a drunk driver. This completely turned my world upside down. His name was Jimmy and I've always been drawn the girl name, Jamie, it's the name I've always envisioned myself going by.

4. My mother always said she wanted a girl, and even had a girl named picked out for one of us: Alexandria.

There are more, but I don't want to fill up the page, if you're interested in more of my thoughts, ask!
    Last edited by aggi123; 09-14-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Betty, except for being dressed femme by my mom(she never did), your experience is the same as mine. Hugs, Kathy

can't say that I was born a CD but for what ever reason or event I developed a liking to wearing lingerie and it has only progressed from there. Still trying to figure out the answer to that million dollar question...why did I start?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Looking back it seems that "born" is the correct way to look at it. The mental functions that I was born with obviously have led to my actions as an adult, and those thought patterns and quite clearly NOT what one would normally associated with a completely masculine entity. Having said that, part of me can sure be very male. I've very comfortable being out with a bunch of guys and I enjoy a lot of guy things. However, then there is the other side of me. I've been crochetting since I was 3! I understand the logical processes that many ascribe to being feminine. It just didn't all come together until my loving wife and I started to unravel it.

tina

Some of us were and some of us aren't. Sounds like you were.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Wink

I was. I was always attracted to girlish things, and once I won the "boy's beauty pageant" in the 4th grade, I knew I was onto something!

Hmmmmmmm, born this way? I'm not sure but, I was into my Mom's clothes starting about 12..............

I was i have liked girls things as far back as i can remeber i would wear panties under my boxers so no one would see them. I just loved it and now i wear panties and bras all the time and get all dressed up 3 or 4 times a week.so yes i thank i was born a CD. So all i can is thank you God.

I have no recollection of anyone dressing me in feminine clothes or otherwise treating me as a girl when I was little. My father's military service kept us away from the rest of the extended family for several years of my youth. When we returned my parents often visited an married uncle with an only child daughter. While I realized a "boy" shouldn't be so willing to play with girls toys I joined with my cousin playing with her fashion dolls anyway (I enjoyed it).

A few years later (at about elven or twelve) I discovered how good it felt to wear feminine things. At that time adults were even more reluctant to discuss sexuality than they are now, even with each other. Forget about telling a pre-teen boy anything! I had to find out about the anatomical differences between the sexes from a paperback family medical dictionary! I came to the conclusion my crossdressing (although I wasn't aware of that term) was a substitution for my lack of contact with girls connected with shyness. The inconsistancy was the appeal of experiencing the woman's role in my adolescent and teen sexual fantasies.

Accompanying my eighteenth birthday was better access to material describing sexual relationships. I gradually became aware there were others with similar mismatches between their genitals and their sexual attitudes. I wondered if my situation had any connection to the growth of my facial hair being slower than most mens'. All those complaints about men developing a "five o'clock shadow" which I took days to develop.

Eventually I developed the courage to let my hair grow and then to get my ears pierced. I wore a pair of blocky heel round toe ankle boots so much the heels wore down. A few times I left the house wearing more feminine boots under relatively plain womens' jeans. Five weeks ago I got tired of wondering what it was like to have long fingernails for more than a few days and patronized a nail salon. Sinced then I've been carrying a purse and have ventured out wearing dangling earrings, nail polish (This weekend plum!), pantyhose (with Bermuda shorts) and even bangle bracelets!

Because of thin receding hair, a square jaw and a heavy set figure I'm still getting called "sir" though.

I'm fond of implausible fantasies of situations that result in my becoming a woman. I've come to the conclusion I have transexual feelings. I've no convenient way of determining if they are really the result of any genetic or other medical condition (prenatal or in my youth). I'm no fan of discomfort and/or pain and the reports of those first few post SRS weeks aren't very encouraging.

I've been dressing since I was about 5 or 6 years old, I don't think anybody just wakes up one day and says "I want to crossdress now" I think for some of us it's just planted in our heads, Everybody is different and never the same, I'd say If feels good to you never think twice about it

Lone Wolf
    I too, belive I should have been a girl, but had to grow up a boy. So now when ever I can dress as female I do.

My mother first dressed me in panties when I was 5 and I've been dressing myself from 8 and cannot stop, so yes, I think I was born to be a CD. I sometimes dress my boyfriend in lingerie and he indulges me but, left to himself, he won't wear lingerie. Literature suggests that some boys, if forced to wear petticoats for long enough, come to enjoy CD-ing, but I think it's either you are or you aren't.

I also feel that I was born trans gender ,I didn`t understand that for a long time but now I just enjoy my Gender Gift .

I was born a crossdresser.....no doubt about it.

You were born a crossdresser.....no doubt about it.

IMO no one wakes up one morning and decides I think I am going to become a crossdresser today.

If a crossdresser never ever wears clothing, lingerie, make up, jewellery associated with women again, they will still be a crossdresser.

I really think there is a deep fear even in the transgender community to accept that people are born crossdressers.

Why? I do not know the answer to that.

Xx Vicky xX

Like a moth being drawn to a light, cding and TG desires have been an unavoidable part of my nature since age nine. No question in my mind that I was born this way and all attempts at resistance were futile. So, after years of denial, guilt and shame I finally accepted what it is I am and have made peace with myself and with my SO. Don't know where the journey will ultimately wind up but at least now I can embrace and enjoy the ride.

I don't think that we exactly choose to be crossdressers / transgendered.

I don't know if you're exactly BORN a CD either, but it's one of those things that starts to blossom in your brain during puberty (or for most of us, actually, before) and that you don't really have control over. You can choose not to dress, but I don't think you can really stop thinking about it.

Smile Doubtfull!

I'm doubtfull that any of us are born crossdressers because as far as i know , when we are born , we are not wearing anything and therefore we can't possibly be crossdressers at birth!
    Just a mistress of the dark wanting to have fun !

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    It just ticks me off that there is such of a thing as crossdressing. I mean... clothing really has no gender. So I want to feel pretty... sue me!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

I started at age 2. That was a long time before I knew anything about sexual excitement. Was I born that way? I don't really know. Wish I did, though.

I am not sure if I was born this way or not. And to me it makes little difference. The fact is, that its inherent to who I am.

[SIZE=2]I find the "hormone wash" theories are the most believable. At some stage during gestation, we are exposed to female hormones instead of male ones, at different times and in different quantities, and our brains become "wired" in a way which is not the norm for our sex. That would account for differing levels of transgenderism, ranging from occasional crossdresser to the "girl trapped in a male body". That TGism may not always be apparent at birth, and for me, needed a life changing event to rear its head. I don't know why I found my mother's lingerie attractive, or what motivated me to try it on at the age of 10, but the excitement of the occasion left me with an urge to repeat the process again and again, even though I'd never had a CDing thought up to that time in my life. Overnight I had become a crossdresser. The tendency had been there all the time, but needed a trigger to activate it. This may also explain how a few CDs can go for tens of years before they start CDing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Just my thoughts. I've no real evidence, but it seems to fit the facts![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]

The "norm"

The previous posts states that our brains may not have been wired in ways that were the "norm" for our sex.

I don't believe in the "norm."

There's nothing wrong me with us. Society just hasn't caught up to us yet.

I don't know about anyone else but I was born this way. One of my earliest memories is of wearing my sisters plastic pants.

Smile

I have been crossdressing since about 6 or 7 years old.I started wearing silk panties and camisoles.I started wearing my sister and mothers clothes and also putting on make up in the bathroom while bathing.I soon started buying my own clothes,makeup and wigs as early as a teenager.I can remember the first time I shaved my body,I am a lifer and I love being a girl.