View Poll Results: Vote for One

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • butterfly (Bernadina)

12 12.24%
  • triangle w/modified m/f signs (Tristen)

13 13.27%
  • yin-yang (RainyHaze)

6 6.12%
  • ladybug (Rikki be Good)

8 8.16%
  • seahorse (Celeste)

16 16.33%
  • Möbius strip (Stephanie CD)

39 39.80%
  • rotating 3D m/f symbol (Jo Ann)

4 4.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Symbol Poll: Sudden Death

Symbol Poll: Sudden Death

Vote for one only. Write-ins will not be counted. This will be a 5 day poll ending Sunday night. Let’s play fair and everybody refrain from ballot box stuffing, ok? Campaigning is fair, but not bribery or fiddling with the voting machine.

This poll will ONLY be about what the symbol is, not how it be will rendered (ring, pendant, pin, whatever) or what colors will be used. I think that when it is time to decide that, whoever is going to do the work will get more votes than everybody else.

Commentary is fine, so here is mine: I already mentioned that I won't wear a butterfly, pink triangle, or anything else a guy wouldn't wear when en drab, which would defeat the purpose of the symbol for those of us who aren't f/t.

Realistically, although the turnout was GREAT, I don't think that 124 people will have the critical mass to start a national trend. But it's a lot of fun anyway, even if for just us!

Rachel xxx
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-20-2005 at 01:53 AM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

JoannaDees
    Where is the poll?

Tristen Cox
    Well I am going to stick by my first choice, although I do like Stephanie's idea more, but I hate going back on things. So I'll vote but hope hers wins anyway

Quote Originally Posted by JoannaDees
    Where is the poll?
    Duh! like right here
    - Robert Hunter

has to be the mobius strip, in any form you may like to wear it.

how about a twisted clergyman's dog collar ? CD minister of the church
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Question What Is The Symbol For?

Hi,

I'm a bit unsure what you're asking here. Are you asking for symbol that lets one CD recognise another? Or have I got it wrong?

Mark.

Platinum Member
    girls all i have to say is a sea horse is cute easy on the eyes , blends in well with everything yet stands out ....and rember if your realy going to wear something and a lot of you won't (hay being real ) a sea horse is what we should go for... in the "him" mode on a thick chain ...looks as manly as you want .....on a thin chain looks so pretty it goes any were.....................

I voted for the Mobious strip. Wendy, I do love the seahorse (really I do, I have 17 fish tanks in our house) but unless it is on a chain it would be hard for me to find something fitting. And I already have something inportant to me on my chain.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko
    Hi, I'm a bit unsure what you're asking here. Are you asking for symbol that lets one CD recognise another? Or have I got it wrong? Mark.
    No, you have it exactly right. To be used primarily en drab.
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    Commentary is fine, so here is mine: I already mentioned that I won't wear a butterfly, pink triangle, or anything else a guy wouldn't wear when en drab, which would defeat the purpose of the symbol for those of us who aren't f/t.
    Get it tattooed on your shoulder, breast, or whereever. I'm thinking about haveing it done. :whistling Sorry, no Mobious strip though
    Hugs,

Teddie

Smile

Hi,

I think I'm with the programme now. Like a lot of people I voted for the Mobius strip. Probably like a lot of people I didn't know what that was so I looked it up before I voted. Follow this link for more info.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MoebiusStrip.html

I think it's probably the best one. All of the ones with male / female symbols seem a bit too obvious to me. People know those symbols and are bound to make the connection that they are either sex or gender related. You will get a lot of questions about them.

Yin Yang seems to be a symbol that pops up everywhere. It wouldn't seem strange to wear one but, then, CDs wouldn't be the only people to wear them so it leaves us no better informed as to whether the person is a CD or not.

The animals sound very nice but, as was said before, would look out of place. Especially something like a ladybird / bug or a seahorse.

The Mobius strip doesn't actually have any discernable connection to CDs which is perfect. It's unusual enough not to be an everyday thing. Anyone seeing it either wouldn't realise what it was, wouldn't care or would recognise it as a maths thing. Only a CD would know that it would mean the person was also a CD. Perfect.

Okay, where do we get them?

Mark.

Platinum Member
    iwant the seahosey i give you all tristen's shoes please................

Tristen Cox
    Bitch!

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    I would like to make a few comments here, and I don't want to get anybody mad at me, with what I may say, or mis-say. I looked at the Mobuis strip, and it is pretty, but it is a mathamatical type thing. Like I say, I don't want to get anybody mad at what I say, or mis-say, but a lot of us CDs (Im sure), are not highly educated, (like me), and would not appreciate the symbol for what it is. ---More highly educated people can appreciate this type of thing. A lot of us will lean towards the "pretty" kind of thing, like the simple ladybug, or the butterfly. Even the reversed ring that one showed pics of. It looked pretty, and I could understand it more. This is NOT to say that those of us, that appreciate those kind of things, are dumb, or lacking in education! I believe that it is simply in: ---What appeals to you.----Some may be scared to wear the symbol that is selected by us, out in public when en Drab, maybe because they may hold high-powered jobs, or such, but not I !---That is their decision. I too, have a rather good job, but am not worried about showing who, and what I am! ----Those that try to run me down, will have ME to deal with! ---I don't think they will want to do that! :no: I figure that I will have some mad at me for what I said, and some that were insulted by what I have said, and I DID say, at the begining, ---not to take to heart what I may have mis-said! ----Oh Boy!--Im sure Ill get some flak on this post!
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

StephanieCD
    I've definitely said my share about the mobius strip - I would like to add that part of the big draw is that it's NOT something "femmy" - I could wear it to work, in front of anyone, and not be nervous about what they thought about the strange gender symbols or seahorse or whatever - ya know?

Ok, ok... I'll shut up and hope - still gonna push for it, even if the poll tells me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lust walking
    ... it is pretty, but it is a mathematical thing.
    Yes, but you don't need to know the underlying math to recognize the symbol. And, you can make up just about any explanation you want for it.

Rachel x
    - Robert Hunter

there's absolutely nothing mathematical about it. It is just :
    - something that is not exactly what it appears to be,
    - something that is quite natural but is not what you expect to see,
    - something that is more complex than it might appear,
    - something that is not easily explained away,
    - something that is half twisted but quite OK about it,
    - something that seems to have two sides but actually is just one side seen from different perspectives

- IT IS US !!

(pweze Twister can i have a hunred votes for that magniffisent countrybushun? I no you can chainge the rools wenever you want two)
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Tristen Cox
    No that wouldn't be very fair would it, but I can fix your avatar for you :whistle:

I agree with Crispy. Well said.

April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Butterfly,Sea horse, Ladybug,Yin yang, M&F symbol, they are all very nice but quite obviouse and girly the only one I would feel comfortable wearing in drab is the Mobius strip....and it's pretty! it got my vote.
    Last edited by Lady Jayne; 07-21-2005 at 07:50 AM.
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

I voted seahorse, but the butterfly also comes a close second imho.

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Platinum Member
    ok girls look the sea horse is the veary best choise it's way too clear...the sea horse on a hevey chain strong and "manly " for those in to that .....and cute and pretty on a thin girly chain....just for your speciel girl ....after all is she not worth it????? just think how mutch bouth of you will like the sea horse ....finale offer all of tristen's shoes and i will throu in her skirts as welll .......come on would you just love a cute little sea horsey ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me
    ....finale offer all of tristen's shoes and i will throu in her skirts as welll .......come on would you just love a cute little sea horsey ???????
    if you send me all of Tristen's panties can I change my vote?
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    done deal girlfreind......rember a cute little sea horsey........

Last edited by Wendy me; 07-21-2005 at 08:36 AM.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    :think: Crispy convinced me. I'll vote for the Mo money strip. Which color pill was I suppost to take:nerves: ... the red or the blue?
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory