Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My girlfriend wants me to dress for all hallows..

My girlfriend wants me to dress for all hallows..

I've never dressed in public, not really considered it, and I havent told my GF about it... She wants me to dress for halloween. I keep telling her no, I suppose because I'm nervous.. and the fact that the clothes I would want to buy would be very expensive (somewhere between 1 and 2 hundred USD before shipping most of the stuff is from england. I like gothic type stuff)

So... I suppose I created this to say I dont know what to do... advice? It could be fun, if I could go all the way, not feel weird or awkward, and wear the thigns i would want..

go for it... please go for it. while the cost may be an issue if you are deep in the closet (i know i am) halloween is the one time you can get away with it in the spirit of the holiday and no questions asked. don't let it slip away... enjoy it to the fullest.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Thankfully, Halloween is my birthday......but my luv states we're supposed to wear something we DON"T usually wear! lol I think I will finally do it this year. Sadly, none of my true friends will be suprised if I show up in full drag....

Aspiring Member
    I would love to go out dressed for halloween, and my wife would be ok with it - if we weren't going out to bar that is highly unlikely to be CD friendly. I would say that if you can go out to a place where you can get away with it, go for it!!

Go out as a famous couple, you being the girl and her the guy. Sonny and cher etc.

Halloween...A Free Pass to Dress!!! But do dress with a theme and not just as a ****ty girl! Goth is great! Many just dress as a girl thinking its Halloween but I think that's a dead giveaway that you are a CD. I'd love any super-heroine costumes!

Last year I went as a wench and have bought a new dress to do the same this year. It is not just ther evening but a full day at work. Go for it and have fun.

Teri

Gold Member
    Go for it...It's Halloween and you might have a lot of fun with it. Your gf is there for support.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

Lucky You!!!

I agree with everyone.... do it do it do it. Spend the money and be you dream persona. If you can afford it, spring for a corset, padded panties, wig and a total makeover on Holloween.... The whole works.

A million years ago my former SO and I had a party. She was a butler and I was a friench maid. It was my excuse to do just that. It was the sexiest I ever felt and i was told my legs were too good for a guys.. I told her that night about my crossdressing proclivities. We parted company (not over that) and before she left she gave me some of her clothes that fit and bought me some of my own.

Feel her out, it may be worth it.

You don't need to go all out and brake the bank girl. Keep it simple go to some thrift stores. I know you can put an Outfit together for next to nothing. Don't pass up this opportunity to get out you will love it. Halloween is a free pass girl Don't blow it.
    Angie

I say go for it girl!!! I did last year we went to a local gay bar and it was wonderful. I was very scared riving there of course. But lemme just tell you it was all worth it in the end. If money is an issue check out some cheap Halloween costumes. It may not quite get that Gothic look you are going for but it helps.

I say ABSOLUTELY go for it sweetheart, there is nothing in this world that should stop you from it, especially on Halloween! I basically came out to my friends on Hallow's last year, and here it is now, a year's nearly come to pass, and for me it was the most liberating experience I could ever describe.

If you're concerned about people's reactions, just realize that to them it IS a costume, and you can easily get away with a 'What the heck, why not - It's Hallows!' response.. Besides, I believe you know as well as I do, the people that feel they need to pick you apart aren't worth interacting with anyway. The fact that you're out dressed shows that you're stronger than them already.

As gar as gothy stuff goes, there are so many decent gothic shops in the US, and bunches that are mail-order too. Also, take it from someone who goes to 'goth' clubs all the time, it's not that relatively expensive to put together all-black outfits and look great. Yes, I know, super-GLAM gothy does cost buckets of money, but depending on the look you want to go for, save for shoes anyway, I bet you could get a whole outfit together for under 100$US. Also, I like the idea I heard about the paired costumes.. if you really want to mask the femininity behind a veil of gender reversal, doing a reverse Bonnie and Clyde, Sonny and Cher, or even just a match set of vampires would be awesome. Of course, your friend would have to be willing to pair up with you - though, in all honesty, if you just went as a pair of sexy lady vamps (or whatever) I bet no one would single you out for a minute.

If you don't dress this Hallow's hun, I am quite certain you will kick yourself for the rest of the year until the next one comes around.
    Last edited by Angel.Marie76; 09-14-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: more thoughts..

Face your fears! You will have fun, everyone will think it is cool, use your girlfriend as an excuse if needed (just tell your guy friends it was her idea and the bedroom activities were amazing...wink wink), go all out, you will learn a lot and you'll never have the same opportunity again. To save money go to a thrift store and borrow stuff or save spending it on something else...

It's exactly how I further introduced my then girlfriend, now wife, to Desiree. We had a great time, she even suggested we go pick up some guys but I declined.

Like everyone else said, go for it, and maybe you can use it as a opportunity to come clean, just make sure the moment is right.

go for it..green light is on..and she wants it...who knows maybe she will like it even more and give you more opportunity to continue to dress with her support.

Quote Originally Posted by Desiree2bababe View Post
    It's exactly how I further introduced my then girlfriend, now wife, to Desiree. We had a great time, she even suggested we go pick up some guys but I declined.
    Dang girl, now that sounds like a fun time. I understand your wantingness to decline at first; if I could have been given such an open invite and chance, I probably would have been hesitant too.. esp if I hadn't already worked out those kinds of details in advance with the GF. Nowadays though, if my lady actually gave me an option like that, I think I might very well jump on the idea. (no pun intended)

I digress though, as off-topic as this was.. *breaks out the cheerleader costume*

PEER pressure PEER pressure, RAH RAH RAH, Optyks out for Hallow's eve! Sis boom Bah!

Seriously though, in looking back over my post, I want to say, nicely, that with all this whoopin for dressing on Halloween, I want to be a devil's advocate for a moment. I want to say simply that YOU need to do what's right for yourself, and if you don't feel up to getting out this year, then, maybe, next year might be your year.. just be sure of yourself sweetie.

Say to her,"You mean you want me to spend all that money on clothes to wear only ONCE?" See what she says.

Wink

Halloween is kinda' like our "get out of jail free" card - play it and enjoy it. For a lot of us, it's the only time of the year we get to go out fully dressed.

Nicole.... Who says she will only wear them once???
    My goodness, a complete outfit with the blessing of your loved one...
    I did that last year!! Medieval Lady!! Dress, corset, waist cincher, new bra, new shoes, new medieval appropriate jewelry!!! Spent about $225. Spent $200 on her 'Bard' oufit!!
    We had a ball!!! A pic of me is in my profile..
    GO for it!!! Have FUN!!
    Lisa E

a Goth bride and her goth bridesmaid.. now that's a theme everyone could enjoy... hmmmm, now I am considering it.

Have fun , I do

Lacey May
    When in doubt, try a new shade of lipstick.

6"heels might hurt, but boy oh boy do I ever look great in them.

Whatever you do, do not wear a dress! You might enjoy it, she might enjoy it. You might want to do it again. You might enjoy it even more. I could become habit forming. You might even search the interweb for places to talk about it.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i would go for it. halloween is the one time people wont make too big a fuss.....sounds like your girl might b ok with it and its a perfect time to let her know the real you

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Do it. Both of you will have fun. I was in the same position when my wife suggested it several years ago. I was more worried how everyone reacted. Everybody loved it. I felt like I was a high school girl, the number of women who wanted to feel my boobs. And, women talked to me differently, since I could appreciate the pain of wearing 4 inch heels.

Alright, so ... ALL of you say go for it, haha. Well, I might check into it then.

Does anyone have any ideas how I would be able to conceal my adams apple? its a pretty dead giveaway..

~|~ Alyce