Thread: to the more excerpirenced cders

The sexiest girl i know Shining Star's Avatar

to the more excerpirenced cders

how did you find the courage to tell a family member or SO about you cding. i am asking this as i am just curious. i don't plan on telling no one just yet
    LET THE STARS BE YOUR GUIDE

Banned Read only
    For me personally my parents already knew but never told me. I am 35 and just recently told them. Basically i was fed up with hiding it and i wanted to let them know.
    My now ex-wife figured it out after i kept wearing her clothes and basically was acting female.
    Now if only i had the courage to walk out of the house it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star
    how did you find the courage to tell a family member or SO about you cding. i am asking this as i am just curious. i don't plan on telling no one just yet
    I my case I had to over come my own embarrassment of being gender confused.
    Then I judged for my self whether the person’s involved was open minded enough to handle it, armed with a photograph of my self and all the facts and info you I could find on the net. I went for it, tears was shed on both sides. It wasn’t easy but I am so pleased I did it.

My mom caught me so many times dressed... She kind of knew. Then I asked advice here, on the forum, how to tell... Then just showed my mom all my clothes including my wedding dress

Quote Originally Posted by AmyTG
    Amy that’s the easy bit

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy K
    Amy that’s the easy bit
    Not without getting read it isn't.

Experienced?

When I like something I just cant shut up! I do tend to go on and on and on! So for the person I am telling time must do a fast forward, and allow them to be brain washed to my idea. (some never ask "whats new"anymore) So they tend to be over it before I have even begun! Not always in a bad way though. My family will never ever know about me by my choice because I inherited my on and on from my Mum. There fore I know what I'd be in for , and my Dad would disown me because obviously I must be gay! I'm not but Even if I was so what? My wifes family (some of) like to go out with us and are happy to accept me. I cant ask for to much more than that! Every day and every time I dress, is new, usually better so to me the experience is also is new

I guess if I'm unsure of some one I pull right up, however, if I am comfortable with some one I will test the water. If all seems fine.......HERE I AM!!!!
    Now have you got a minute while I tell you aout my.................sorry :- I will wait untill you are just about to go to sleep before I start on you, to turn to my way of thinking!.......Melissa...........

Exclamation Going out...

Quote Originally Posted by AmyTG
    Amy,

Working up the courage to leave the house en femme for the first time takes awhile. And it can be really scary. Thats why I so strongly recomend carefully picking where you go for that first time out. Doesn't matter if it's a club, support group, church, etc. Also, if you can have someone along, for support, it helps a bunch. Being read is no big deal and as long as you are at a safe destination is not likely to cause a problem. I figure that I get "read" all the time but in almost three years of going out and being in transition I have yet to have any seriuos problems while out. Some smiles and a few really good laughs yes - but no trouble. It's all about attitude kid - if you project confidence and act as if you belong you will be accepted - act nervous or fearful and people will mess with you. Hang in there kid - it gets easier everytime you go out !
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

Well said Alice, that’s good and realistic advice

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    Sorta what Amy said... It was a mental break down for me, I couldn't hide it anymore. I felt like a caged animal tring to get out. I can't tell you in words how I feel now that the important people in my life know. This site has helped me in so many ways, I gave up counting them. I guess when the time is right you'll know. Best of luck Star.

DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

I thank the girls on this forum for giving me the courage to come out to my wife after 23 years of marriage.I read so many threads about understanding wives and SO's and was tired of hiding in the closet.The story has a happy ending my wife is very understanding and it is so good not to have to hide.Her only request was that I grow my beard out so I am the bearded lady.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

jow to tell

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star
    It was easy for me cause I have five sisters who got the awful task of bsbysiting me all the time, down to the beach in a girls bathing suit and this is our little sister, well after awhile I sort of got used to wearing girls clothes
    so it just become my way to dress, I have neber worn boys underwear and nver will panties are so much more comfortable, after the navy I had the lucky expierence to live with a girlfriend who is gay and she taught me how to dress better and so on now I go about dressed as GeeGee to all my friends but not at work , they frown on it, but I still dress every day, no it was not hard at all to let it be known Im a crossdresser luv,kisses, hugs GEEGEE2