Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Car Outted Me!

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar

My Car Outted Me!

This is an experience that I had this last weekend. I had gotten dressed up and went out to the local alternate bar Twisted here in Everett. Had intended to meet up with another gal and an old friend. I guess that it was the weekend of the breast cancer march, and the place was filled to the brim with women. A lot were wearing the same T shirt about 4womensevent.com or something similar. It was dark and I didnt want to appear as if I was staring at their chests to read the small print.

After a couple hours, a young lady came up to me and said 'I know who you are, and you know who I am... wanna come sit at our table?' She was a student of mine from about a year ago. She said she had been sitting there, going... I KNOW that person... for some time, and finally it dawned on her when she went out to have a smoke and saw my car. I drive.... how can we say.... a very unique car (POS). Then she sat there and pondered as to whether to come over and say anything.

She is still a student at the school, but I most likely wont have her as a pupil again. And as she saw me at a gay bar... and she assured me that my secret was safe... Im not too worried. If I were, I wouldnt be out in public. But it does make one think about things you might not have considered before. I always thought a co worker would see the car, or a friend. I really didnt consider any of my students might... hmmm

So it was interesting. We had a nice chat. Talked about the lifestyle some. As with most, she knew very little, even being gay. But she responded very positively. She has a friend that is TS, but she really isnt sure how far shes come, and how far shes going, etc. Its just not something you ask in polite conversation... 'Hey! You still got your bits?... Gunna keep em?' Just doenst come up very often.

Funny. I asked her if it was an Ah HAH!! moment for her... if she noticed that I shape my eyebrows, had long nails, and/or no arm hair and if seeing me now made her go 'AH HAH!!! THAT explains it!!!' She said no, she actually had no idea, or had even noticed those things. So there you have it! Even a very observant young lady didnt see these things and I had her as a student 5-6 hours a week, for like 3-6 months. (cant remember if I had her for 1 or 2 quarters).

So if you have a very distinctive car, or ring, or something like that... and your worried about being found out. Well let me tell you! It happens! But I have been out fairly extensively for the last 15-18 months or so and this is the first 'confrontation' that I have had. I may have been discovered prior, but never been made aware of it before this.

So, I just wanted to tell someone this... What a trip!!!

Eve

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Interesting! It makes you wonder if we really need to stress about people noticing those little things we do to ourselves - the arm hair, the nails, the eyebrows, the breast implants, the, . . . wait. maybe I did go too far.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 09-14-2009 at 10:03 PM.

I am glad to hear this had a happy outcome

The thing that is surprising is that this does not happen more often

Either that people think they must have made a mistake
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

That's cool. I always figured if someone does see me when I'm dressed at a gay bar, they are there in a gay bar to, and I really doubt that people just stop in and not know what's going on.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Eve-

Well, it sounds like it actually all went well. Good for you.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Angelofsomekind View Post
    That's cool. I always figured if someone does see me when I'm dressed at a gay bar, they are there in a gay bar to, and I really doubt that people just stop in and not know what's going on.
    I agree and disagree. Before I was "out" I went to a lesbian bar with a gay gg friend of mine and I was all dressed up as Alyssa, I did see someone there who I worked with at a retail store, but he was out with his wife and some of their friends. I don't think he noticed me, however, nor did he recognize me.

In some cities, some "gay" bars actually draw a more mixed crowd than others, so while someone might know what's going on, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're not going to blab your secret.

Which of course, is why I advocate not keeping it secret....
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    See, it's not so bad . In my not so humble opinion, the secercy in which we wish to maintain is very much us not wanting to make waves in our own lives. We have these little comfort zones that will go away if people 'know', scares the bejesus out of a lot of us. But they get replaced with shiny new ones that are full of acceptance, by the people that surround us, and ourselves ^__^
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

That sounds like a good experience for you.

- Congrats

It's great to hear that it all worked out, Eve. I probably would have been mortified at first if that situation happened to me.

Do you think maybe your car has an agenda?

I actually have a couple of GG friends who go to gay bars fairly often because they can go there and not worry about being pestered by horny men for the mostpart.

Hello Eve, good to hear that everything went well, that is one thing i am afraid of when i go out, have someone i know that recognize me.
    anyway i am from the Tacoma area, i tend to drive to other parts of town when i am out ...

So..... You drive a crossover vehicle?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Stephens View Post
    Oh Laura! Don't you know that "groaners" (bad puns) are my area? Move along, wench!

Kathi

If you wish to remain anonymous buy a Honda Civic, they blend in and are never noticed. I just bought a well used red Mazda Miata although I don't go out in my little town if anyone sees me in the city I'll be busted for sure. I have fewer and fewer worries about being outed, the more out I become the less I have to hide.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Interesting! It makes you wonder if we really need to stress about people noticing those little things we do to ourselves - the arm hair, the nails, the eyebrows, the breast implants, the, . . . wait. maybe I did go to far.

Kathi
    Trust me Kathi........... The implants get noticed first ...
    Kel
    Last edited by kellycan27; 09-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    You'd be surprised what acquaintances notice when you're driving your usual vehicle. A woman at church once asked, "Who was that blonde in your car yesterday?" Makes me glad it was my non-driving sister-in-law who was visiting us.

Lots of women are reluctant to be out and about with their spouse/SO when close to home. Even if you do not get recognized en femme, your spouse/SO will be recognized unless she has greatly transformed her appearance.

SO you can be outed because of your car, your spouse/SO, your season seats at a venue.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Sounds like the conversation actually put you at ease. After 18 months you may have felt that way already but that topped it.

Damn Cars

Drive something low key like I do

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ictureid=22828

Loved your account.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Bad news

I think I just missed out on the Cash-For-Clunkers program, damn.

Do you think anybody would notice a '62 Chevy pickup, with perfect metal flake candy apple red paint ? Clunker it's not ! But it's not "under the radar" either.

There is no doubt that my car is very easily recognized. Very distinctive and unique. The only time I have been out and about in many years was when I borrowed a friends more stealthy car. If I parked my car at a gay bar, I would bet that at least a half dozen of my friends would wind up seeing it parked there.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

This has always been the biggest fear of mine. I have and have always had either a cool antique car or something else unique, so I'm bound to get noticed either way.

luckily the SO's car is pretty bland and sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Anthropic View Post
    This has always been the biggest fear of mine. I have and have always had either a cool antique car or something else unique, so I'm bound to get noticed either way.

luckily the SO's car is pretty bland and sneaky
    delightful!!!

for your sake you were outed by someone who is totally accepting. but you are right makes you wonder. Good thing there a lot of silver 06 Forenzas lol.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Stephens View Post
    No, no, no, a cross-gender vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Oh Laura! Don't you know that "groaners" (bad puns) are my area? Move along, wench!

Kathi
    I believe you've just been dethroned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I have a 1995 Ford Bronco, 6" lift, 35" tires. Kinda hard to miss in the crowd. Guess I'll have to get a white Taurus or something. ;-)
    xxoo
    Jennifer