Thread: She Knows Now, Everything, And She Just Taught Me Something

She Knows Now, Everything, And She Just Taught Me Something

We had that talk we have been putting off for a long time now. She has known just a little, and we have both been a little too nervous or cautious to advance the football further.

So, this weekend, she got me drunk...and she got me to talk.

I gave her the outline at least. That seems to be all she needs for now. She knows now (and has known for a while) why I pick the female characters in every video game we play.

She knows now that this is a part of me and she was not surprised.

Her amazing quote, her wonderful and inspiring quote was both simple and incredibly insightful...went something like this (I paraphrase because, as discussed, I was drunk):

"I believe we are sexual creatures and that we all span ranges of sexuality. You are just in a unique someplace in that spectrum."

and...

"We are going to explore this. I assure you we will".

Yet, my fear of telling her was minor compared to my fear of opening up this side that I myself have been too scared or unwilling to explore for very long at a time.

She has been even more supportive, open and loving than ever since that talk.

I went to the gym today for the first time in months. I already have a plan for the 15 pounds I have put on in the last year worrying, not caring and trying so hard to let go of what I am.

Still, something tells me that anytime other than now would have been too soon to tell her. I think I was patient, patient enough for her to be ready to hear what she knew I was going to say.

Smile. I am a lucky girl indeed.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Gold Member
    You certainly are lucky Mehgan. Take it one step at a time and let HER take the lead. I think you're in for some fun times ahead.

It seems that the hard part is over with. Now comes the fun. I'm sure my wife would have seen some of the signs in me, if I had shown any. I think I tried to "over masculineisize" myself to hide the girl inside.

You are one lucky girl, having an SO to take the lead and let you open up (even if you were drunk, hehe). Don't forget to shower her with hugs and kisses, she desires them.

Hugs,
    Alice

Meghan says, "I went to the gym today for the first time in months. I already have a plan for the 15 pounds I have put on in the last year worrying, not caring and trying so hard to let go of what I am."

Eat more salads, cut the starch, don't go near a "fast food" place. Lots of cardio work and especially ab work.

Remember, all the cute clothes are in the smaller sizes.

Good for you to have such an opportunity. Make the most of it ... at HER pace, and constantly show her how much you care for her and how thankful you are.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

you are lucky to have that.
    Keep it in her pace.
    enjoy the ride.

Awww, that's nice. But don't be scared. Sounds like you're at the beginning of something great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    Remember, all the cute clothes are in the smaller sizes.
    Dang it. I hate it when that happens.

First, thank you for the wonderful replies. I only get time to check in here at night, I am sorry I didn't get the chance to reply sooner.

Miranda thank you, and I totally agree. It has taken some patience, and she has been processing the idea for a long time (months now) before she was ready to probe more.

When I told her, she got the 15,000 foot outline. The major dates and milestones, my initial reasons why etc. She didn't ask for more details and I didn't give them. She will ask when she is ready to know more. I am not worried that she will forget or suppress it, it will happen when she is ready.

She did ask me to wear her pink fuzzy socks around the house, and said I look good in them

I think we are off to a good start.

And Phyliss, I totally agree. I think I am about 4 sizes from the fun stuff! Working hard to get there to be sure!

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb

Aspiring Member
    Nice. I like "unique someplace" very poetic. Great story and good timing. You have already suggested yourself to "go" at her pace... I agree.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Meghan,

Wonderful news!

As others have said, take it at her pace. Also, remember this - there will be times when you move forwards at a great pace. It may then suddenly stop, and maybe even reverse itself. Expect ups and downs. Life is funny that way. You have the hardest part out in the open, the best is yet to come.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Meghan,

Wonderful news!

As others have said, take it at her pace. Also, remember this - there will be times when you move forwards at a great pace. It may then suddenly stop, and maybe even reverse itself. Expect ups and downs. Life is funny that way. You have the hardest part out in the open, the best is yet to come.

Kathi
    So true!!!

We have been together for three years now, and we are getting married in January.

Our relationship exploded at first, then we hit a plateau, then exploded up again, and plateau and so on.

But always, always upward. This has kind of hit at the end of a plateau cycle, I have been super busy at work and she was sick for a couple of weeks, and we have had busy social plans for weeks and weeks.

It's like a roller coaster, once the ride starts I don't try to control the ups and downs, the downs (as she has taught me) help me appreciate the ups even more!

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb

She sounds like a very insightful person. You are so lucky to have found such a person. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Many years of love and happiness to the both of you.

Kim
    You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world.

Kim

great to hear your SO is open-minded about it, good luck!

I can totally understand when exploring what we have kept away is scarier than someone finding out its there.At least its out there and she seems ok so far.That's good news.I had to grasp things and allow myself to be myself..and forget things that were taught as what's "normal".Sounds boring anyway.Once you do take hold and feel good about who you are and what you love it becomes divine.I love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations!

That sounds very close to the ideal response you would want your SO to have. I especially like that she is determined for both of you to explore this part of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan M View Post
    "I assure you we will".

She opened that door for you, enjoy it!!

I see here sometimes when an SO wants to explore it but then reconsiders etc - those times when they are in doubt is when you slow down...
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Good to hear that and welcome the good times..[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla Shadows View Post
    I can totally understand when exploring what we have kept away is scarier than someone finding out its there.At least its out there and she seems ok so far.That's good news.I had to grasp things and allow myself to be myself..and forget things that were taught as what's "normal".Sounds boring anyway.Once you do take hold and feel good about who you are and what you love it becomes divine.I love it.
    Smile. I think that is the hardest part. Letting go of normal. And letting go of all of those things I should be doing instead (like, oh, fixing the car, working, taking charge, watching movie blah blah blah etc).

I think she is more willing to see me for myself than I am. I have spent the last 30 years keeping myself away from myself (to whatever extent). I do not believe that I could be taking these steps without her. In fact I know it.

So yes, I am incredibly lucky. Which makes me want to beat myself up for knowing she would react this way, but still I hid it for as long as I could.

Fear is a powerful demotivator I suppose.

Anyway, it is nice indeed to be liberated, and that's exactly how I feel!

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    You certainly are lucky Mehgan. Take it one step at a time and let HER take the lead. I think you're in for some fun times ahead.
    From what I read in between the lines Listen to Miranda I do believe your in for a Great time. It sounds like when I first told my Lady. Joann0830

Wink

I repressed my CD'ing most of my life until I finally talked about it with my wife. It's been really cool since then. My advice, keep it honest and open and all will hopefully go well. Sounds like you've got a great girl there, treat her well and don't lose sight of what a treasure she is.

God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan M View Post
    "We are going to explore this. I assure you we will".
    Hmmm...that does sound interesting, no? One's mind boggles at the possibilities, or maybe that's just my over-active imagination again? Anyway, congrats and have fun! Olivia

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You fiance seems to be a wonderful, caring and understanding woman. The fact that you're starting your marriage off with such an honest and sharing relationship is awesome. Best wishes on a long and loving marriage!

I simply echo other comments, all the best to you and your SO, and what an uplifting hopeful story for those of us still searching!

It's great to have a supportive So. You are soooooo lucky