Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goth/Industrial Dance Clubs

Goth/Industrial Dance Clubs

I'm not goth at all, and not really into industrial music (NIN being a big exception, and maybe a few Marylin Manson songs) But I've been thinking of going to a Goth/Industrial dance club dressed. Not sure what I'd wear to fit in a little bit there...maybe heavier eye make-up and I guess maybe a black dress with fishnets....

What I am curious about if that crowd is cool with The trans community?

Does anyone frequent them...are they safe to go by yourself?

Any suggestions or comments?

Can't speak for Tenn., but in general many goth or fetish clubs are accepting of T-girls.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Go to one or two and you will quickly see that you will be the last person to "stand out" even for those places.

From some of the places I have seen, it seems like they take pretty much anybody and everybody.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Boston girls are accepted..

Sisters of Boston girls are now frequenting a goth club and enjoying themselves with black on.Total acceptance from what I hear. Dress in the right colors and enjoy yourself!

8rys, going on walkabout
    I have seen a handful of CD/TS at my local industrial club. Hell I've been their dressed myself. It was a great time, I blended right in.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Even though there is a lot of negativity in the music, you'll find the Goths are very accepting and nice folks. If you search around here ( try the clothing forum first ) you'll find threads about what to wear and what looks "goth-y" in terms of makeup. Plus, there are a bunch of goths hanging around here, ask 'em
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Gold Member
    I thought industrial was stuff like Neil Diamond?

And CD'ing at a goth club? I don't know, the people there tend to wear suits and ties. Everyone has a seat and the chevron guy (what is he called?) passes out music programs.

Yeah, umm, believe me? Wanna buy some land at the bottom of Lake Michigan too?

At a goth club, you will go unnoticed, no one will bat an eye.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I've been to goth clubs and "alternative" clubs before dressed. It's typically been a great time, I've never been bothered, and I've never really stood out. Go for it!
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

When I first started going out dressed it was to a goth club in New Orleans. Nobody said a thing and I even got compliments. If you dress to fit in, and you aren't there to gawk, you'll do fine.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Everyone has a seat and the chevron guy (what is he called?) passes out music programs.
    That would be Chief Master Sargeant Walter Harriman.

Yes, I do love me some Stargate.

I just went to my first goth club last weekend in guy mode, and I noticed a few Crossdressers, one was wearing really goth type cloths, and the other just normal woman clothes. So I think its definately a good place to start.

I would tell you that most if not all the 'Goth' clubs or clubs that support 'Goth' or themed nights I know of completely tolerate / support CDing and Trans lifestyles. See my posts:

A story about the supporting nightclub I frequent:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=109154

And then sample outfits (for examples):
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=110652

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112558

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=109121

...and so on and on.

There are also a few others on here that pull off the Goth look pretty well too, so I'm not just tooting my own horn; just start browsing the picture collections to find them.

Have fun!

Anyone know any Goth clubs in the OC (So Cal) area?

Quote Originally Posted by becca1125n View Post
    I'm not goth at all, and not really into industrial music (NIN being a big exception, and maybe a few Marylin Manson songs) But I've been thinking of going to a Goth/Industrial dance club dressed. Not sure what I'd wear to fit in a little bit there...maybe heavier eye make-up and I guess maybe a black dress with fishnets....

What I am curious about if that crowd is cool with The trans community?

Does anyone frequent them...are they safe to go by yourself?

Any suggestions or comments?
    Well, I'm from Detroit, but I know the goth/industrial clubs around here are pretty accepting. I used to go in make-up (not fully dressed, but made up pretty nice) and nobody ever even seemed to notice. Of course, that was a few years back...

Great scene.............. Always accepting!

Goth/industrial scene was where I first started - brought my outfit with me and got changed there. Had no problems whatsoever

8rys, going on walkabout
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnieCashmere View Post
    Well, I'm from Detroit, but I know the goth/industrial clubs around here are pretty accepting. I used to go in make-up (not fully dressed, but made up pretty nice) and nobody ever even seemed to notice. Of course, that was a few years back...
    Still today @ city club no one batted an eye.
    Well at least one eye was batted, there was a poor misguided frat boy who grabbed my butt, but the joke was on him. As his friends and him found out.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin479 View Post
    Still today @ city club no one batted an eye.
    Well at least one eye was batted, there was a poor misguided frat boy who grabbed my butt, but the joke was on him. As his friends and him found out.
    Oh, you go to City Club too? I used to be a regular... but these days not so much. I didn't go dressed, though, just wore some make-up.

8rys, going on walkabout
    Not too very often I usually am in guy mode. But I have gone in my dreads, goggles and mini. I think that was the best time I had there. I was a late bloomer in the goth community.

Yeah, i've been to city club in detroit a few times as jasmine. Never had any trouble. Everyone was totally cool with me.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Drop by all of your local XXX movie stores, XXX book shops, and XXX Movie Theatres.,

Usually by the door is some free literature, grab it ALL, the ones that feature the gay community will note "dress code" of different bars.. and the ones which welcome CD/tg customers.

One bar in atlanta, the "Stage Door" in Tucker area has a sign,
    "Everybody Welcome"
    When I got there I first saw an obvious guy in a poor fitting dress, no makeup, dude hair etc etc, so I felt comfortable going in as I was dressed to the nines..

In Chattanooga there's a club on Brainerd Rd East called Images, it's on the north side, can't give any landmarks.. Small place accepts CD's [reportedly]
    Another one futher west on McCallie which turns from Brainerd
    "Alan Golds" side street, NO Sign, you'll have to look up the street addy or ask someone..
    I do know it's East of the Comedy Catch but not right on McCallie Blvd..

US 64/US11 and Tn 2 are all the same road.
    I-24 runs parallel to them

Knoxville TN, a Google shows CD friendly places & groups->>

http://www.tgguide.com/Guide/tennessee.htm

Another Lists TG/Lez/Gay friendly
    It has a zoomable map that may be handy.
    http://www.gaybarmaps.com/bars/tennessee#top

Club Legacy
    No Address Given

Carousel II
    1501 White Ave., Knoxville, TN

The New Rainbow Club West
    7211 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN

Electric Ballroom
    1213 Western Ave, Knoxville, Tn

KURT'S
    4928 Homberg Place, Knoxville, TN

The Network
    4541 Kingston Pike, Knoxville , TN

Club XYZ
    1215 N Central, Knoxville, TN

Good Luck,
    Something I do, go in Drab [male] first to check out the "redneck" level.
    Then if things look OK, get dolled up
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-19-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Phone numbers not allowed

The cute brown eyed girl! Jenni_Aurora's Avatar
    When i was in college, i used to frequent a goth club. There were so many freaky looking people there, that a crossdresser or anything of that sort wouldn't really stand out. The worse youll get are looks, and the best youll get are lesbians and bi chicks checking you out, or making out with random people
    Another post, another step into the rabbit hole..

Yolanda listed a number of clubs in Knoxville where it's ok to go dressed. I live in Houston and in such a large city there must be lots of CD friendly clubs as well. Anyone else from Houston know where some of these clubs might be?

My post previously was edited, seems as if phone numbers to businesses are taboo, ooops

Anyway, here's a link to what you asked.,.,

http://www.gaybarmaps.com/

and for Hoston Tx
    http://www.gaybarmaps.com/bars/texas/houston

As posted before, this info may be good or not, lots of "alternative" clubs have short lives..

Do what I suggested previously, and snoop around first..
    Last edited by Yolanda_Voils; 09-20-2009 at 12:11 AM.

I basically matured my tastes going to the Fetish nights at Man Ray in Boston from about 1995 to 1999.

It was a great place, lots of T girls, most wearing really wild outfits. I never had the guts back then, but if Man Ray hadnt been turned into Condos, I would go dressed without hesitation.

My experience with other clubs in Chicago were really the same. The goth scene is really about dressing up, so they relate to us on many levels.
    -Sammy