Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do women not wear slips anymore?

Smile Why do women not wear slips anymore?

I became a cross dresser because I couldnt resist the soft silky look of my mums slips , and couldnt wait to try one on .
    Once on , I was in heaven , no turning back for me , I was hooked .
    I always wear a slip when I dress up , the feel next to nylons is fabulous !

However , my wife rarely wears a slip , and by all acounts nor do her friends ??

Betty

Hi Betty,
    I guess most of the reason lies in that fact that you don't need to wear a slip with pants! (So few wear dress's anymore. Sad isn't it?)

Really though, Nowadays dresses are made of materials that aren't as "clingy" or they have built in slips already. It use to be a problem with static cling caused by the dress material against the nylons. But few wear nylons anymore so it's just material to skin. Very little static.

I'm like you though. Lets pray to the "Static gods" to boost their power - we need more static to bring back slips!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Really though, Nowadays dresses are made of materials that aren't as "clingy" or they have built in slips already. It use to be a problem with static cling caused by the dress material against the nylons. But few wear nylons anymore so it's just material to skin. Very little static.
    Nuts, I some profound advice, but you beat me to it.

like most girls i like to wear a slip half or full, but as things have moved on and the fact that most skirts or dresses are fully lined. just like the dress i bought the other day it is fully lined. also most of my skirts are as well.

Its a shame , because a little slip showing looks so sexy !!

Betty

I think a little slip showing looks sleazy, but to each his own.

I've never been really big on slips and only wear them when necessary. I do like the visual, though, of a slip as a state of semi-undress. I liked seeing my ex wife in one. One of my favorite moments from yeas ago was she and I at a hotel, sharing a double vanity getting ready to go out. Both of us in our bras and panties and white lacey slips, doing our hair amd makeup side by side in the big mirror. Even our nails matched. Seemed like a bonding moment to me, and I thought her. Guess not.

My SO always wears a slip with a dress (full length) or a skirt (half slip or full length). she wouldn't go out without one.

I did a poll earlier this year on the makeup forum I mod and almost to a tee the women there said slips were dead and they haven't worn one since their grandmothers made them wear one to church when they were young.. So where are all those grandmothers when we really need them most?? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Slips are for grannys in the 1950's... it ain't the 1950's and we've moved on from wearing them... besides.. they're lame
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I have slips, and love the feel of them. But honestly, I rarely wear them unless the skirt/dress really demands it.

Liz Taylor looked great in a slip in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara
    Slips are for grannys in the 1950's... it ain't the 1950's and we've moved on from wearing them... besides.. they're lame
    Not!

Besides, what would a woman know about it anyway?

Fact is, some dresses require one, others don't. Some of mine are so sheer, not wearing a slip with it would be akin to running around nekkid, and uh....trust me, we don't want that! But if a dress is lined, wearing a slip is like wearing a raincoat over a wetsuit. Just not necessary. I'd rather have the slip than the liner, though, depending on the garment. Wool skirts, for instance are often lined, and that's really the way they need to be.

[SIZE=1](But ya just gotta love all that wonderful lace!)[/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Wink

Full slips can be quite sexy, but as others have said, most new dresses and skirts simply don't need them because they're lined. My wife wears a half slip sometimes with certain outfits, but not all that often.

Some do, some don't. It's a personal choice and as Tamara said some gals think they are lame. Some dresses have built in slips or liners as Stephanie said, so an extra under garment is not necessary. Also, sometimes they are just downright impractical.

To each their own I say
    If you enjoy them wear them...why concern yourself if others do not...
    Last edited by Di; 09-18-2009 at 08:06 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I was htinking that GG's don't wear them because everyone here bought the entire supply out and there ain't any to be had.

We are just old fashioned, so what the heck, live and enjoy it.

Nothing compares to the feeling of a pure silk slip against your body, Ah Heaven !!!!

I love to walk around in a slip and when I get dress in full I wear one and when all nightie are dirty I wear one to bed I fell so sexy in one though my wife dosen't understand why I like slips so much she dosen't

I wear one to bed. It is so pretty it doesn't want anything to cover it!
    Reine

I have to agree with Stephanie. The days of static cling are about over, so the don't need them as much. The only reason women use slips now is because thier dress is too sheer to be without.

At last count I think I have about 35+ so I guess I would come down on the slip-lover side.

The good news for me is that a lot of GG's must be giving them away to the re-uzit shops. They are old, elegant and sensual!

Missy Anne

From an era gone by

Slips are classy
    Soft
    Feminine
    Sexy
    Alluring
    Gentle to the touch

Full of secrets

Not found in

Spandex and Jogging bras
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    As others have said, a case of "modern technology" I guess, what with new materials in skirts and hose etc, it's no longer required to make the skirt "hang properly" or because of clinging. I personally own one waist slip ..... but never wear it
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!