Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do women not wear slips anymore?

Tamara, maybe the thrill has worn off for GG's and Slips. I love the feel of a nylon full slip. I have a few 18" full slips that I wear with panties and pantyhose, underdressed at work. Nice feeling.

I suppose that I'm one of the old fashion gals but I wear a slip every day that I wear a skirt or dress. This is about 95% of the time.
    Kisses, Linda

I wear a slip even when the skirt or dress is lined. What's the harm?

Karen Sue

Slips are NOT dead! Just walk through WalMart, Target, Sears, J.C.Penney, Victoria's Secret or your favorite lingerie shop!! They are there! Half in various lengths, full slips, plain and very lacey!
    I needed one last year for a Medieval Lady Costume, it was unlined, no problem! Walked into WalMart, came out with a white full slip! Even in my size 18-20!
    My wife has 4-5 slips that she uses under her unlined skirts. She hasn't used a full slip in ages, but that is because most of the time she likes to mix and match her skirts and tops.
    As an Office Manager, she dresses up every day! Only wears pants when it's cold out or we are going to a car show!!
    Huggs,
    Lisa E

I remember my mom and sisters wearing full slips under their dresses and skirts. I also loved the feel of a slip against my legs but what I enjoyed most was the feeling of the nylon slip and the nylon panties swishing as I walked or "slipping" as I sat. I used to do the laundry for my family and don't recall seeing any slips from my wife or my daughters in the hamper. My wife had slips for special occasions but I doubt my daughters even knew they existed. I still have a nice collection of half slips and wear them even if the dress or skirt has one built in.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Betty,
    That's because it's so old fashioned. My wife even handed down her last 1/2 slip to me awhile back. I was thrilled!!

slips

gee i havent stoped to think about wearing a slip in a long time. i have 4 or 5 cute ones but they have been buried for quite a while
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaElizabeth View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]Slips are NOT dead! Just walk through WalMart, Target, Sears, J.C.Penney, Victoria's Secret or your favorite lingerie shop!! They are there! Half in various lengths, full slips, plain and very lacey!
    Bingo. People might say slips are unpopular, they never wear them, no modern lady would be caught dead wearing one, etc.

The reality?

If they didn't sell, the major chains wouldn't sell them anymore. But, they do. Obviously they sell. People aren't buying them to take up closet space, so obviously they are being worn.

I love the feel of slips, full legnth, especially as a comfort item after dinner, watching TV. The wife and I have recently bought matching ones, and the price was very reasonable. I think I'll wear mine tonight, she always snuggles with me when I do.
    Ms Kanuchi

Walmart, Target, Sears, JC Penny, discontinued slips in store about 6 months ago. Kmart still has a limited number.

Thumbs up

I like to wear a bra and panties and a slip while at home. A very comfortable trio while lounging or doing household chores.

I don't know why they don't wear slips, any more than I don't know why they don't wear stockings. I guess they don't get the same sensual feeling from this clothing as we do, and all I can say is it's a shame. Here we are who would love to wear these articles of clothing everyday, but are denied this opportunity because of society, and yet many females today choose not to wear them. I guess the old adage that life isn't fair applies here.

I remember wearing my mothers slips and I loved the way it felt against my nylon covered shaved legs when I was a teen. I believe this thread has motivated me to purchase my own slips as I remember how I loved the feel.

I love the feel of a slip against my body.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

They're fun, I have a few, but I only wear 'em with an unlined skirt or dress...speaking of old school, my latest kick is knee sox, so cute with a short skirt!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    Bingo. People might say slips are unpopular, they never wear them, no modern lady would be caught dead wearing one, etc.

The reality?

If they didn't sell, the major chains wouldn't sell them anymore. But, they do. Obviously they sell. People aren't buying them to take up closet space, so obviously they are being worn.
    Tee hee you got a point but me thinks there are alot of CDs out there buying them cause not one of my friends would do and I can't remember the last time I had to wear one. They were worn for practical reasons and because modern garments dont call for one now I suppose most people think why bother.
    On the subject of stockings, well I used to wear them all the time because they were more comfortable than tights, but now they have invented pull ups why wear an uncomfortable suspender belt.

I know you ladies think its sad, but you got to remember that women dont always feel like dressing just to please men. And ladies, if I came on here and started going on about how men dont wear suits any more and thats really sad youd not be best pleased with me. I love to see a smart guy dressed in a two or three peice it really turns my head, but hey if they choose to wear lingerie instead thats fine by me.
    take care
    bev
    Last edited by Bev06 GG; 09-18-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: added text.

Need to let us know....

Maxi,
    Then the stores haven't told the ones here in the midwest of the decision. They were proudly displayed in our local WalMart last night when I ran through for some cough medicine for my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Walmart, Target, Sears, JC Penny, discontinued slips in store about 6 months ago. Kmart still has a limited number.

I remember when they were a must. I love them but I don't have any. I don't have any thing that needs them maybe in the future. I'll cross that bridge when I get a dress that needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn NM View Post
    I don't know why they don't wear slips, any more than I don't know why they don't wear stockings. I guess they don't get the same sensual feeling from this clothing as we do, and all I can say is it's a shame. Here we are who would love to wear these articles of clothing everyday, but are denied this opportunity because of society, and yet many females today choose not to wear them. I guess the old adage that life isn't fair applies here.
    Stockings and pantyhose both are actually making a small rebound. It's not a big rebound, but women are beginning to realize bare legs aren't as sexy, attractive and comfortable as the movie/TV stars made it out do be. Fashion runways are seeing more sheer hosiery now too. The decline of hosiery is over. It will be a very, very long time before hosiery is ubiquitous as it was in the 70s again, if ever, but the decline is over.

Always wear slip with skirts and my legs would not feel right without pantyhose!!

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I'm wondering who is buy all of those slips. I think I don't know a single GG/CD/TS that wears a slip.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    I love to see a smart guy dressed in a two or three peice it really turns my head, but hey if they choose to wear lingerie instead thats fine by me.
    take care
    bev

Maybe because with just the right back lighting you can give a hint of what lies beneath without showing it? Besides it slides around too much under the skirt
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]The very first item I tried on of my moms was a full slip....I was about 6 or 7...Both parents were working and I had an hour or so till they got home after I got home from school..Something had "called" me to her room...I found that slip....and knew I HAD to try it on...Nothing has ever matched that first feeling against my skin...I love slips...but like it was said in some earlier posts...With modern fabrics...and lined skirts/dresses...a slip is not necessary... But it doesn't change the fact that I still love them..Sometimes just lounging around and enjoying a hot chocolate while watching a movie in the evenings... [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Jayne View Post
    Slips are classy
    Soft
    Feminine
    Sexy
    Alluring
    Gentle to the touch

Full of secrets

Not found in

Spandex and Jogging bras
    I totally agree xxx
    Forever In Slips