Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do CDs have " Compulsive" personalities?

My only compulsion is be be " Arlene Marie McCarthy " 24/7 and to treat all people fairly.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    It gets a little obsessive/compulsive at times, yes. I tend to schedule my day to see if I can fit in any crossdressing time, and if I find that I cannot, it depresses me a little.
    Me too, Marla.

Banned Read only
    Think Jonianne makes a very good point here.

When dressing or any other activity becomes so much a part of our lives that we tend to exclude the concerns of others or ignore anyone or anything else that needs our attention, then our behaviour might fit into the category of OCD.

Otherwise, if we're still connected to the rest of the world somehow and know that there are some things more important than our own urges and self satisfaction, then we're still on the (somewhat) normal side of the fence.

Sure the Pink Fog may get to us occassionally for periods of time, but if we're able to come through it and deal with the cares and issues of others for the most part, then we're doin' okay.

I have OCD , compulsive checking . A psychic friend of mine told me that my OCD is caused by my gender issues . She believes in reincarnation and that I am usually female and have a female soul .

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Both of my parents, sister and I, have had no problems with; drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, cults, etc.

That is, until I began CDing about 12 years ago. Now, it has taken over my life, more or less! I can't give it up, or even stay away from it for very long.
    I'm NOT used to handling compulsions, because I guess I've never HAD ANY before now!

Can anyone relate to this? Is your CDing obsessive/compulsive? Do u have obsessions other than CDing?

How do u control them, so that u can function "normally" in your life? Or, DO THEY cause problems for u?
    Earlier this year i took some hormone pills for about 2 months,now i would not have done this a few years back i think turning 40 gave me a crisis,you know some guys buy motorbikes etc, not me i started hormones not a wise choice i know but well i did it.Now i do not know if these pills are the cause but my emotions are well lets say very tearful in any stress situation now,and i usually dress fem regularly but now its everyday.

"How do u control them, so that u can function "normally"

Thats a hard one to answer,but as of this year personally for me i am going with the flow.

no absolutly not!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes it is compulsive. I have to do it and find time to dress or check out clothes all day long. I wear dangle earings until someone comes in, and wear heels in drab for two hours after I open my store. I do take them off if I see someone. I like the thrill as well.

While I do have obsessive compulsive personality disorder, I would have to say that cross dressing itself is not caused by being obsessive/compulsive, nor can it give you an O/C disorder. You probably practice it in an O/C way, I know I certainly do (then again, the same could be said for everything that I do), but I think it is more of a question of why you cross dress as to whether or not it can become an obsession. I cross dress because I want people to see me and immediately think 'woman,' and I think that in order to pull that off, you have to be very dedicated (which would be where obsession can come into play) or just naturally very lucky with your figure.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Yes at least for this CD, this was recently pointed out to me by several friends yesterday. I was in male mode and they were commenting on how obessed I get on certain things. When it comes to CDing my femme side is even more super hyper obsessed to the point that it makes my male side seem tame by comparison.

I'm definately not OCD when it comes to organization. I'm actually quite a slob in that department. My living quarters often look like a bomb went off in them. I am a major collector of things though. In addition to clothes - which are comparatively few given that I am in the closet as yet - I have dozens of firearms, hundreds of books on historical and artistic subjects, and dozens of growing items of militaria.

Not a hoarder just want to amass more interesting, tangible things related to my interests. I know I won't get to take any of it with me when I shed my mortal coil but I just have the urge to collect and I love the thrill of the hunt. In some ways I subliminally equate possession as a sign of knowledge or mastery in a given area too.

Best,
    Gunda
    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -The Who

"Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fthagn!"

"After the Deluge - We!" - Savitri Devi

I don't want to think of it as OCD per se, because that suggests that our crossdressing is a disorder. We all know it's not.

But are we obsessive and compulsive? Sure we are. I'll speak for myself... having to get every single color of shoe that exists (all right, I don't have orange but you get the picture), having shoes to match any outfit I might have, a closet and many drawer full of womens garments, and I could go on and on, but that would be even more obsessive!

Yes the dressing behavior can become obsessive, but there is no evidence CDs are any more compulsive than anyone else. For example your CDing has a strong sexual component. Well sex is meant to be a compulsive behavior so you are reacting in a normal fashion. This would only be a problem if you are in a relationship and your SO wanted that sexual focus to be on her (not all SOs do).

One thing CDing has taught me is to stay well away from that guilt trap of wanting to fit in and be "normal". This is a mirage and you would find yourself less happy if you tried to reach for this imaginary target.

I presume your thoughts are veering this way because your CDing is a solitary pursuit and you are feeling lonely and believe that CDing hinders friendships/relationships? Well there are solutions to these types of feelings without the need to believe in mirages.

My belief is, being compulsive or obsessive is not gender specific and mostly depends on your genes. Hence Cding doesnot make u compulsive.
    urmila