Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "if only you knew"

"if only you knew"

Sorry if this has been done before, I couldn't seem to find a thread like it. (though I only looked for about five minutes, i'm sorry!)

Have you ever thought that in your mind after you say something that someone laughs at? Sometimes, I just be perfectly honest with people when the situation is right.

I'm currently an in-the-closet-crossdresser, but today, that thought popped in my head when I was at work. While I was working, I was in the Makeup section of the store. One of the associate's comes up and jokingly says, "Is that your shade right here?" and points to one of the lipsticks.

After he asked, I pointed out the shade I prefer and said, "no, I like this one. It's a lot softer." I was being perfectly honest, but it made him laugh, lol.

It was right then when I thought, "if only you knew..."
    removed

Lightbulb

You should have pulled your lipstick out of your purse and showed him that shade that you wear.

Quote Originally Posted by aggi123 View Post
    Sorry if this has been done before, I couldn't seem to find a thread like it. (though I only looked for about five minutes, i'm sorry!)

Have you ever thought that in your mind after you say something that someone laughs at? Sometimes, I just be perfectly honest with people when the situation is right.

I'm currently an in-the-closet-crossdresser, but today, that thought popped in my head when I was at work. While I was working, I was in the Makeup section of the store. One of the associate's comes up and jokingly says, "Is that your shade right here?" and points to one of the lipsticks.

After he asked, I pointed out the shade I prefer and said, "no, I like this one. It's a lot softer." I was being perfectly honest, but it made him laugh, lol.

It was right then when I thought, "if only you knew..."
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    You should have pulled your lipstick out of your purse and showed him that shade that you wear.

lol that would have been so funny! But I was in boy mode like most days
    removed

Yes but that is what I would do in Boy Mode because I always have my purse with me.

Quote Originally Posted by aggi123 View Post
    lol that would have been so funny! But I was in boy mode like most days
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

All the time, Aggi!

When conversations move in certain directions, I often find myself biting my tongue lately!

I knew just a little bit too much about co-ordinating women's clothes, at a BBQ conversation last weekend!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Today! My mom and I were shopping and we were in the Halloween section and I pointed out a little kids' princess dress and said, "I found my costume." She laughed and replied, "I can't see it", but in my mind was going, "oh, but I probably could". lol!
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Last week one of my parishioners came up to me and said "Pastor, I'm intimidated by your pony tail, it makes me think you are a tough biker guy..."

If you only knew...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Aspiring Member
    For me, it's amazing how many honest replies and refrerences I can comfortably make toward crossdressing and get the same reaction as you.

Nobody knows what I do and clearly nobody really believes that I could. Therefore cross dressing comments are generally laughed about and passed over without another thought or challenge, or realization.

It's kind of fun sometimes, because that very thought runs through my mind.
    If they only knew........

This has been done quire abit with my CDing and now that I am going full time and transitioning the comments and jokes are coming back on those who offered them. I had a day of shopping with my sister-in-law and found a beautiful summer dress and in checking at the register the SA asked me if I was wearing it someplace special. My response was matter of fact I was. to which she offered some help in the right shoes to go with it, to which I told her I have plenty that would be just fine. LOL

Teri

A little levity really goes a long way in helping me deal with being a CD... Even if it's just "if only you knew" smirks I share with myself.

Went to a private costume shop and she suggested a female charater and made me try it on,,,they all laughed but i loved it inside,,if only they knew
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Before I went full time cding I would wear things I thought were cross gendered. I would get some comments. Only if they new,now they do lol.

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Ladies, you're gonna love this one: Take a good look at my avatar picture of myself. Being the brazen, fun-loving Xdresser that I am, I displayed the full size version of that very picture on the desktop wallpaper on the PC at work. When one of the guys asked who it was in the picture, I told him "That's my wife's cousin Michelle.... Isn't she pretty ?". He believed me, of course, as the camera angle I used in that picture renders me totally unreadable and unrecognizable....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm sure this situation arises now and then for just about all of us. Just the other day, someone mentioned halloween costumes, and I let on that one year my wife and I did the ol' gender swap thing. She joked, "Well, as long as it was for Halloween...." I thought, "If you only knew."

Last night on television, I saw a commercial for the wig shop where I'd purchased my last wig. My wife mentioned that it might be a good way for her to see what kind of hairstyle might suit her. Try on a few wigs to see what looked good on her. She said she'd never been to a wig shop before. I thought to myself, "I have. I've been to that one right there!" If she only knew.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Once, while doing some very artistic rollerskating with the kind of feminine flair that female Olympic skaters use, a young boy told me that I "skate like a ballerina". If only he knew ![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I took this one step futher the other day....I went to Ulta to get some concealer that I had gotten a few weeks ago...and the SA asked me if I knew the shade and I said no I didn't...and she replied "Oh she didn't tell you"? and I said "no, it's not for her, but for this face" and she didn't skip a beat or have that moment of OMG, one of those???? She simply went about selecting the right shade....commenting " You know it should be one shade lighter than you foundation" and I replied yes I'm aware of that...after deciding on the shade we chatted for a few minutes about make up....so yeah, somethimes you keep it a secret" and that's all well and good but when you bring it out, it feels so good even if just casual conversation...

But that brings up another topic...are they OK with it because it's a sale, or are they really OK with it and are accepting on a CDer/TG....or are they thinking "weirdo"!!!! Might be nice to be able to get into their minds and then again maybe just leave it as it is....who knows....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

While going through the airport screening recently, the screener looked at the xray of my bag and said "are those your shoes"?

If he only knew...oh, wait, maybe he did!

busted.
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]I only wish I could remember how many times I thought "If only you knew". Most times it does give you a chuckle inside, sometimes it's hard to hold back the laugh.

If

[SIZE="3"]If we only knew
    What they know

Then we would know
    How that they know

It is Okay
    To be so![/SIZE]
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

You may have give it away. A man wouldn't have said softer. He would have called it lighter. So, Maybe the sa does know

Gold Member
    Yep...have experienced that as well. Sometimes holding a secret CAN be fun!!

I was buying a white bustier at my local Walmart, the clerk knew me, and said "You can't buy that". I said "Why, is it not my color?" She just laughed. If she only knew.

So many times this statement has played out in my head. A while back, one of the cute girls I work with had on a ruched top, absolutely beautiful. I asked her if that was ruched, she said your wife has taught you well. If only she knew.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Men approach me qiute often. One time this guy said that he thought that we had a lot in common..... I said.. Probably more than you'ed care to find out.......... if he only knew.
    Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    You may have give it away. A man wouldn't have said softer. He would have called it lighter. So, Maybe the sa does know
    hrmmm didn't think about that one...lol But I think i'm safe, he was a meat shop associate.
    removed