Thread: I'm so proud

Smile I'm so proud

I started my day by dressing in a black skirt and pink top. I had decided to watch my favorite football team at noon. For some reason unbeknownst to me, a large black square covered most of the screen so I could only hear the game. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get rid of that black square, and the kicker is that every other channel was clear, so to avoid major frustration, I decided to attend a local flea market in a neighboring lake community.

The first thing I did was change into jeans and a very colorful top. I kept my blonde wig from earlier in the day and the only makeup I used was a dab of lipstick. The flea market is set up on a frontage road parallel to a well travelled state highway and is about a mile long. I parked my car at the east end of the frontage road, grabbed my purse and started walking from booth to booth. I wasn't the least bit nervous nor did I do anything out of the ordinary that might call attention to myself.

I bought some jewelry, a belt, and a few cooking utensils. I was greeted as ma'am by the vendors. One vendor even asked me if I had any rings or necklaces so he could demonstrate his overpriced jewelry cleaner. I handed him the earrings I had just purchased and he started his demonstration. As a crowd began to gather other prople were giving him items to clean. He handed me my shiny earrings and said "thanks ma'am and have a great day", even though I didn't buy his cleaner. I continued strolling through the flea market with all the other shoppers.

On my way back to my car I noticed a little consignment shop that was open so I walked in to browse. the owner greeted me as ma'am and asked me if there was anything she could help me find. I told her the size range I wanted and she showed me to several racks of skirts and dresses. I picked a few items and asked to try them on. Now mind you, this is a women's consignment store, no men's clothes, no men's dressing rooms. She directed me to the dressing rooms and I went in and tried on the clothes which I found, weren't really my style. I thanked her, hung the clothes back on the racks and walked out to my car.

During that whole time (about 2 1/2 hours) it apperaed that not a soul noticed me much less read me. I believe I pulled off the perfect outing and it was much more enjoyable than sitting in front of a tv watching football. This isn't the first time I have ventured out dressed and without friends, but it has been the most enjoyable so far. I'm so proud I think I'll give myself a pat on the back.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

You did it all the way girl good for you

Platinum Member

The Part

Hi Jill
    You play the part very well you may win an award-- best looking shopper.
    .................................................. ..............thanks...ORCHID

congrats love days like that
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

What a beautiful day

A delightful story, how envious I am,
    but I am so thrilled for you.

Keep up the great posts.

RJ
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    But did your team win?????.............

Gold Member
    Way to go Jill. Sounded like way more fun than a blank TV screen and football.

The Black Box

Hey Jill,
    It appears that you have the closed captioned turned on for that channel. If you look on your remote there is probably a CC button press that and it should hopefull fix that little problem.

Yeah, probably set to "text 1". Need to keep pressing the CC button until it goes off.
    My brother had this happen once and threw out the TV. Wish he had told me about his problem first.

"I'm so proud I think I'll give myself a pat on the back. "

Just be careful to not "pull" a bra strap doing that.

Good for you
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Well done Jill

Football is over-rated anyways

Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    But did your team win?????.............
    No The Pack lost to Cincinnati 31-24
    Luv and Jill