Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saying Goodbye

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Some may be missing Magickman's point(s)!

1. I grew up with a LOT of very insensitive male jerks! They had more hot women than anyone could count!
    Us "nice" guys didn't do NEARLY as well!

Magick, do U have any trouble getting dates? His response
    may SURPRISE a lot of u!

2. This threads BEGS the question:
    " Why would ANYONE get married, considering the odds against marriages lasting in this day and age?"
    2 people who love each other don't HAVE to get married to stay together, do they? Sometimes, marriage RUINS a good relationship!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Paula she is not blaming it on bachelors ............... she is blaming it on dictatorial peeps who believe their way is the only way in a relationship
    AKA mothers-in-law
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Magickman, if your so happy being alone then why pander for exterior support, which seems to have been your initial motive, as you seemed surprised your opinion wasn't very popular.

Your foray about you living in a private castle, sounds like a bitter exaggeration, or are you just looking for a reaction? You seem to have an air of defeat about you, is it due to age perhaps, or do you think you feel wiser now? Does your time feel limited in what you can do? Do you have friends in the outside world? I seriously hope you do.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    No wife, no kids, not now, not ever.
    My point of view is apparently not popular.
    But life is difficult enough without a conflicted relationship.
    I find myself happier, not having to come home to a fight.
    "apparently not popular" ? Well Gee, I wonder why?

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar

As A Crossdressers Forum...

...this site ostensibly portrays itself as a non-judgmental outlet to "speak one's mind" without being shouted down by the syncophants adhering to the "party line".

Not being a bandwagon-jumper, and being capable of independent thought, I am of the opinion that the OP's argument has merit.

When an individual has determined that a prospective partner is unsuitable, for any reason, that potential relationship should be terminated.

And to disallow that determination is unwarranted; and, in fact, offensive.

Excuse me Rebecca, but when a member posts a thread literally stating that all women aren't worth marrying in so many ways, then excuse me for saying something. He posted this thread to get a reaction, he got one... if you don't like it, then don't read it. But I for one will not stand for that from anyone.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Yep, blame it all on us bachelors.
    Badgers or bachelors? (sorry, couldn't resist)

If I blamed it on bachelors, I'd have to join the rank of singles myself as I was once there.

Its not people who wish to be eternally single. I've had many times in my life where I didn't want to date anyone at all for my own reasons.

What I was referring to was someone that makes it sound like they would run at the first sign of trouble in the relationship.

That's what's got everyone so riled up. Especially us SO's who have/do work so hard to work through things with our partners. When you are the partner to a CDer the secret isn't theirs alone. It becomes yours. Their issues with dressing becomes your issues. Just as with any other problems someone has, when you start dating, it becomes part of your life.

It hurts to be an accepting member of this community and have someone type up a post on just how easily we can be tossed aside because we might have problems with it or because it causes arguments. And it hurts to make is sound as if us SOs are controlling and manipulative because we don't go 90 miles an hour along with our CDing partners!

*sigh*

I'm just saying, that it hurts to have someone say we are disposable.

Paula she is not blaming it on bachelors ............... she is blaming it on dictatorial peeps who believe their way is the only way in a relationship
    Thank you.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Don't sugar coat it sweetie

Tell us how you really feel,
    now don't hold back.

Me I'm happily married for over 30 years
    and loving it.

RJ
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

One of my good friends who is single lives by a very similar philosophy. He has no shortage of female companionship, and he is brutally honest with the women he dates. They know exactly what they can expect from him in terms of commitment--absolutely nothing. Those ladies are generally no slouches-- they tend to be working professionals, attractive and very intelligent. He is really a good guy who gets his energy primarily from being alone I.E., he's very introverted. So, as the slamfest continues, just remember that it takes all kinds, different strokes for different folks, etc.

What is the main cause of divorce?

Why, marriage of course.

If you can resist the siren call of marriage, then you never have to worry about divorce.

How is this relevant here?

If you are not married, no one can tell you what to wear or what to do.

If a woman ordered me to behave or dress in a certain way, since I am not married, I can just tell her goodbye.

I do not allow visitors, including girlfriends, in my home. This is my castle, my private castle. So I never have to take orders in my home and never have to ask anyone to leave.

If I woman displeases me, then the last time I see her is the last time I see her. When I walk out the door, I do not look back, and do not have any more contact. No regrets.

No big arguments, no scenes, no messy split. Just goodbye. Then move on.

With marriage, it is never that easy. If you get married, it is not just the two of you. You are married to the state as well. If you split, the state sets the terms.

Unless you want a SO who can tell you what to do, and the state to tell you under what conditions you can leave, then don't get married; instead, preserve your autonomy.
    Personally, I'm glad you choose to live alone, the rest of the world is probably better off for it. Enjoy your solitude!
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

No big arguments, no scenes, no messy split. Just goodbye. Then move on.
    After reading through this thread, I have just one question remaining......

Has he gone yet?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Excuse me Rebecca, but when a member posts a thread literally stating that all women aren't worth marrying in so many ways, then excuse me for saying something. He posted this thread to get a reaction, he got one... if you don't like it, then don't read it. But I for one will not stand for that from anyone.
    words of wisdom.

i am starting feel sick

Tamara, my reading of the OP's thread didn't leave me with the impression "that all women weren't worth marrying in so many ways." I believe that to be your inference, not what may, or may not, have been implied.

And aren't all threads posted to get a reaction? If not, what's the point?

Not to be redundant, but I DID read the post. And all that followed.

B.S.? That's your opinion. And is respected.

Can't the same consideration be afforded the O.P.?
    Last edited by RebeccaLynne; 09-21-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Typo on punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    B.S.? That's your opinion. And is respected.

Can't the same consideration be afforded the O.P.?
    the OP's opinion was given consideration and found to be FULL of by the vast majority of us
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

And if you want to go to the movies go alone
    if you want someone to enjoy dinner with you go to your parents
    if you want love why bother you live alone

I do live alone and there isn't much I wouldn't give up to have a so in my life.

I have only been on this board for a few months and most people here are nice,respectful and supportive. I knew I would find a A$$hole on here sooner or later. I have a wife and yes there are times she can drive me nutz but I would never trade her. this guy is a total jerk! when blow up Betty goes flat and Rosie palmer gets arthritis I hope he feels his life is complete!

the OP's opinion was given consideration and found to be FULL of by the vast majority of us
    Oh, really. And it appears your contention is "majority rules".

And mine is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.

Debate that; Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    Oh, really. And it appears your contention is "majority rules".

And mine is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.

Debate that; Bring it on!
    you wanna take this to PM cause I am more than willing to hun
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

you wanna take this to PM cause I am more than willing to hun
    No, I'd prefer an open forum.

I've nothing to hide.

I'll say again: bring it on!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    So far!!!!!!

I get the distinct feeling that you posted this thread as a joke, after all, even you can't be stupid enough to actually believe what you wrote surely!!
    I think I smell a troll in the op
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    You have a lot to learn and are terribly naive about life and sharing it. You also sound very self centered and extremely selfish. Sorry if it hits nerve but thats how i see it and are calling it. You seem to find criticism in the institution of marriage when you in fact have never experienced it. I feel very sorry for your selfish attitude. If I were GG and knew your feelings on our first date I would never care to see you again.
    I have been married 40 years to a wonderful accepting supporting wife and does not fit in to any of those warped stereotyped clichés that you caustically mentioned.
    I am with Tamara 100% on this. He is a sad case to needs to be butt slapped.

Megan

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    And this is why you're alone I'd be surprised if any woman would want such a person in their life that seems like a dictator.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!Give this $_ithead apiece of your mind!!!!!!!!!

I am not much of a believer in marriage.

And committed to childfree life, as well.

But that is just in my own life.

Anyone else can do what they like.

I have noticed that merely saying I am happy never to have marriied and that I never wanted any kids, brings forth a torrent of hostility. That applies out in the world, as well as here.

I don't tell anyone else that they cannot get married. Why do they get so excited that I, personally, don't like marriage?

In my opinion, again, just my opinion, marriage is a bad deal for men. But other men are still free to marry, if they want to.

From observation of society, and reading of marriage statistics, it appears that marriage, as an institution, is in trouble. There is a very high marriage dissolution rate.

But some married people are very happy.

Marriage works for some people, and not for others.

It seems too risky to me, though.

There have been some very nasty personal comments, here. I just consider the source, and disregard them.

Disregard them? seriously... well ok... but I'm going to have the last comment. I feel this thread is nothing but a TROLL thread. You've pissed off a lot of members, congrats.. way to go...

And anyone else want to 'bring it on', you can damn well do it via PM, NOT on this board. And with that all said, this thread is done.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn