Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cding and getting older

Cding and getting older

OK, I'm coming closer and closer to the big 5-0. And I'm getting worried. I used to go out dressed in my 20's-30's, but I look at myself now and think, there's no way I look presentable. It's the age thing, I think. I think I look more masculine as I got older (the horror!). Any one else feel this way? Any way to compensate? Am I just deluding myself?

I don't feel that way. The older I got the better it was. I just didn't care what any body else thought. And at 62 I don't think I look that bad.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I'm 51 and was told I pass well...and that I look more as 40 than my real age....Amazing what appropriate wig, nails, dress & make-up can do!

A.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    I just past the big 50, but did it with a bang. I've joined a TG support group, went to 4 of their events. Two other outings, and even another local CD clubs event. Before that only 4 times in 20 years out of the house. Why the big step now?? I couldn't afford a Corvette. lol... Serious, I thought to myself and wife, that if I was going to go out, better get busy. And I'm soo glad I did. Can said that when dressed and out on the town, that I forget all the male s..t that I have to deal with day and day out. There is something about the saying, Letting my hair down. Since I don't have much anymore, wigs and Tanya are doing the partying. And having a ball. Only question is why I waited soo long. But I'm going to make up for lost time. And best thing, all the people say I look 40ehs, thats a big boost in the spirits.

I have been asked many times why I crossdress. Best answer I can come up with, cause it make me feel good, happy and alive. Tanya

To each their own. I'm 56. I guess by your definition go into hidding?

well the older i get i think the better i look at 59 i am getting better all the time

I wish I was at the place I am now when I was back in my twenties. Things might have turned out differently. However, although I wish I could dress a lot more I still have a lot of fun!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Some of us,

tend to get YOUNGER, as we get OLDER!

I'm over 60 now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would bet (not having seen any pictures) that you, like most men, actually have started to look more female with age. You may feel like you look more masculine (and perhaps you do) but that is not the general direction most men go.

It may be that you are just more disappointed with your appearance as you age. Remember, women age too. Keep up with fashions for your age group, and you will be fine. Your strutting days might be over, but your dressing days certainly shouldn't be.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Hi ladies, to be sincere I feel as Amanda, age is not helping. But exercise, good and healthy food really helps.
    My bigger concern is my face aging and beard cover I get more and thicker beard hair each day, I am thinking of getting a face hair removal soon.
    Amanda, I know how you feel and you have my sympathy for that.
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

One more time..."It ain't about passing!"

No, you will no longer be able to carry-off "The Teenybopper/20's something Look." But you CAN look like a fashionable woman of experience. Does anyone think Lauren Hutton looks bad? How about Sally Fields in her Boniva Ads? She's still cute, right? And I could name many, many, thousands of other fashionable, mature women...we see them everyday.

Sorry, the fact that you wouldn't pass as a youngster, is not an excuse for not going out of the house. You better think up a better justification.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I am 49 and yes I am bigger built like a linebacker, but that does not stop me, in fact my adams apple dissappeared now that I am older, just make the best of what you have show off your best asset. For me my best asset is my legs, so I dress so my legs show from the knee's down and that seems to draw peaples eyes away from my worst features, I go out enfemme all the time without any problems. Go for it girl, you can do it.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I agree with what has been said. The older we get ther easier it can be to "pass", ect.

As males get older, estrogen levels go up as testosterone levels go down.
    In contrast, as females get older, estrogen goes down as testosterone levels go up.

The result is, as men and women reach a certain age their hormone levels are somewhat simular.
    This is why older men and woman often have simular apearances as far as masculine vs feminine is concerned.

BTW, my philosophy on getting older has always been, "never fear getting older but, never forget what it's like to be a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    I don't feel that way. The older I got the better it was. I just didn't care what any body else thought. And at 62 I don't think I look that bad.

I totally agree with Glenda, I'll be sixty in a couple of weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    OK, I'm coming closer and closer to the big 5-0. And I'm getting worried. I used to go out dressed in my 20's-30's, but I look at myself now and think, there's no way I look presentable. It's the age thing, I think. I think I look more masculine as I got older (the horror!). Any one else feel this way? Any way to compensate? Am I just deluding myself?
    I'm nearly 60 and I don't think I've changed that much. I still go out and a bout without a problem.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

approaching 60 and when dressed i look more like 45 at worst....don't know why, maybe the make-up and the fine hairpieces, but that's the fact as my mirror sees it! lol

some of the benefits i've found are these: my beard is much less noticeable as it has grayed, my body mass has declined as has my muscle tone and that helps quite a bit, the fashions i wear are less "glam" but fit better and look better than ever before, and i have far more comfort inside my own skin and that's a huge plus.

.......but I look at myself now and think, there's no way I look presentable.......
    You can always look presentable, just dress appropiately for the occasion. Passable is not a reality for me, but presentable is, as long as I am just wanting to enjoy my time being dressed and am OK with others knowing I am a crossdresser.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

At 51 I think it's a little more difficult to minimize the effects that time has placed on us just as a gg at the same age would find. So I try to emphasize the positives and work around those little annoying age factors.

Amanda, I could have written your original post. I'll be 56 in a few days and sometimes miss being in my 20s and 30s so much.

It's been wonderful to read the replies to your post. We can feel distressed about getting older, how we can't wear certain things any more, how we don't look like young women, but it doesn't help and gets in the way of appreciating who we are today and enjoying life.

Now if I could only apply the good advice that's been posted here to my own life
    Linda Marie Daniels

OOOHHH ... I'm gonna be, .... pick a number.

Long gone are the days of the 20 something hottie for me. Felt bad about that when the realization finally hit home. I had a magor incident happen in my life and have come to the conculsion that perhaps I'm not young but I'm not DEAD. With that thought being uppermost, I make myself presentable for my age and go on with life.

There's loads of clothes out there still waiting to be worn and I'll do my part.

I know we hear the phrase "Age is just a number" .... I am so tired of those words. Age is a reality ..... make the best of what you have. Just read that Sophia Lauren turned 75. She's still HOT.

BTW this "young kid" turns 65 at the end of OCTOBER. I'll become a card carrying geezer. Very little grey hair, need bifocals, have dentures, and I'll have my Medicare Card.

Does anybody know which stores give "senior discounts" when buying clothes?
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Getting old sucks on a multitude of different levels!! Lol. I look at my old ass wrinkly skin and think... "Why bother"....... Maybe your right... Time to retire... But wait.. If Farve can make a comeback??? Hahahahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Amanda, everyone, I think, feels a bit unconfortable as the years go by...I'm sure you're being too hard on yourself, we all tend to do that.
    And I can assure you A LOT of GGs tend to get more masculine as they get older! :-)
    You just have to adapt your makeup/outfits/hairstyle to your changing body...
    oh baby you're the only thing in this whole world that's pure and good and right, and wherever you are and wherever you go there's always gonna be some light.
    -Meat Loaf-
    My paintings:www.saatchionline.com/normades

I'm 49, and when I dress, it seems to shave years off. I dress as if I'm a mid 30 something, and I feel like it , so I guess that is a little bit of a mental state adjustment.

I´m 52 and I love the way I look!

I think all of you look fabulous!
    removed