Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driving in Heels

I drive in heels ..

..and I have no problems at all. I also never scuff my shoes either.

Heels, no problem

I drive in heels quite often, mind you I am usually driving the truck, I suppose it all depends on how you sit in the vehicle. If it is one that you kind of lay down to drive then yup, you will likely scuff them. Sitting up nice, should be no problem.

I never seem to have a problem. But then, I've been wearing high heels for as long as I can remember. However, sometimes, depends on the shoes, I may move the seat up a little to allow for a better angle and not hit the pedals with the pointed heel.

Practice, practice.

Flats are safer overall and more comfortable too. I usually walk to my car in flats anyways so not to mess up my heels.
    SRS January 27

Since the first moment I tried to drive in heels I found out that is much more easy for me to drive in heels than in flats.
    The only explanation to this I can come up with is that in flats my foot moves around square angle plus-minus several degrees and in heels it moves around 100 or 110 degrees and at this angle I can much better control the pressure I put on the pedals...
    Now, I always have a pair of pumps with 2" heels in the car just for driving.

Just remember, if one tries competitive driving such as SCCA or Auto Cross, heels make it IMPOSSIBLE to use ones right foot for toe/heel driving. The moral of the story is that one should always wear FLAT driving shoes when on the track!

Keep the shiny side up!

I've never had an issue with it. I wear 4" heels and never had a problem. But I'd say if your nervous about it your better off not doing it. Better safe than sorry, just think, if you end up in an accident you might break a heel!

Never had a problem driving in heels.

My first time driving in heels I didn't even think twice about it.. it was so long ago I can't remember anything about it.. but my latest time driving while wearing heels was just as uneventful as all the others.. I don't know what the fuss is about.. my only advice would be to not over think it.. the same as when you wear the rest of your clothes.. if the heels are pointy (toe and heel for that matter); the toes are longer than your regular mail shoes so realize this and adjust your seat if need be.. the heels can dig into the car mat there under your feet so be careful of that as well.. getting in and out of the car while wearing a dress or skirt is different as well.. I would sit in the seat then turn forward rather than getting in like a male does (my male self does anyway).. open the door the sit down with both legs together then turn and pull the rest of your skirt in (assuming you have a longer than knee length skirt/dress) then make anymore adjustments and then head off.
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I've done it also and it feels good to me. As everyone has said just be careful getting in and out as to not scuff the shoe. Have a good driving experience.

Driving in heels

I love driving in highheels i do it all the time when i am dressed,i drive manual,
    and automatic also a small bus,i have never had a problem,just be careful.

driving in heels

I put my heels on in the morning when I go to work change into my work shoes then when I am going home I take off my work shoes and slip on my 4 inch heels.
    Have done this for many years and never had a problem. Learned about the clean floor mat but other than that I will continue to wear heels when I drive.
    I even wear them when my wife is in the car with me. Just my
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

i have a manual transmission and i have not had any trouble driving.

Flats or bare foot.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Yes I love driving in my heels, in fact here's a picture from tonight. Went to local TG Support groups open house, 20 or so dressed in anything you can imagine.

Sorry girls no paint, just didn't have time today, but there is toe rings on both feet, just can see them.

Tanya
    Attached Images Attached Images

I drive barefooted...

I love driving in high heels, no problems whatsoever. I have an automatic though...........

Smiles, Tracy

Heels

I drive in my heels all the time with no issues, and every time I get gas im wearing them, not just when im dressed up, lots a fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Tanya View Post
    Yes I love driving in my heels, in fact here's a picture from tonight. Went to local TG Support groups open house, 20 or so dressed in anything you can imagine.

Sorry girls no paint, just didn't have time today, but there is toe rings on both feet, just can see them.

Tanya
    Nice shoes