Thread: Funny Conversation with my Wife While Watching Project Runway

Funny Conversation with my Wife While Watching Project Runway

Last night my wife and I were watching "Project Runway," one of our favorite shows (even though it seems to have lost something in the move from Bravo to Lifetime). The challenge this week was to create a character for a movie and design a costume for this character. In addition, there was a L'Oreal makeup challenge, where Collier Strong would help them design a makeup look for the model to go along with the costume. As they were designing characters for movies, the looks tended to be pretty dramatic. In one of the in-betweeners, Collier Strong says "Go to our website to find out how to recreate the makeup used in this challenge."

Me: "Yeah, right. Because you never know when you're going to want to look like an Ice Queen."

(see this picture for the look I was referring too)

Wife: "Oh you know next week you'll be doing it. You'll be in the bathroom putting frosting in your hair and then I'll come in and say 'No!' ..." (dramatic pause) "I was going to be the Ice Queen today. You can be the Ice Queen next week."

She cracks me up. Even though she's not thrilled with my dressing, the fact that we can joke about it means the world to me.

Who will be the first to try it though?!

Or you could both try it out together... always good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    Last night my wife and I were watching "Project Runway," one of our favorite shows (even though it seems to have lost something in the move from Bravo to Lifetime). The challenge this week was to create a character for a movie and design a costume for this character. In addition, there was a L'Oreal makeup challenge, where Collier Strong would help them design a makeup look for the model to go along with the costume. As they were designing characters for movies, the looks tended to be pretty dramatic. In one of the in-betweeners, Collier Strong says "Go to our website to find out how to recreate the makeup used in this challenge."

Me: "Yeah, right. Because you never know when you're going to want to look like an Ice Queen."

(see this picture for the look I was referring too)

Wife: "Oh you know next week you'll be doing it. You'll be in the bathroom putting frosting in your hair and then I'll come in and say 'No!' ..." (dramatic pause) "I was going to be the Ice Queen today. You can be the Ice Queen next week."

She cracks me up. Even though she's not thrilled with my dressing, the fact that we can joke about it means the world to me.
    Thanks for your cute story.

I think it's so encouraging that you and she are able to joke about your dressing.

My best to both of you.
    Linda Marie Daniels

My wife and I watch Project Runway, sharing some girly time I guess It's a bit like stopping to gawk at a traffic accident though - a sort of guilty pleasure. Not sure any of the contestants or judges are particularly likeable either.