Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have successfully led a secret life of crossdressing?

Banned Read only

How many of you have successfully led a secret life of crossdressing?

How many of you have successfully led a secret life of crossdressing?

How many of you have successfully led a secret life of crossdressing? By this I mean that nobody in the society where you live knows about your habit (or maybe just a few friends & family). Also, that crossdressing has not affected your job or social status or ability to make straight friends?

How did you keep it a secret? How did you buy clothes?

Tristen Cox
    Jesse I did it for 22 years and other than my mother nobody knows to this day. I don't really care if they ever do either. Got my things how ever I had to. Short of murder

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    Jesse I did it for 22 years and other than my mother nobody knows to this day. I don't really care if they ever do either. Got my things how ever I had to. Short of murder
    But how did you shop for clothes? I bought my clothes from Dept stores, Womens Stores, thrifts shops, etc - all while dressed as a man. And so many people call me gay for doing that.

Really, what's your secret for shopping and keeping it all a secret?

Not hard to hide if you don't go out in your neighborhood dressed. Not that hard to acccomplish really.

But if you're sitting outside on your deck in a black skirt, there's every possiblilty that a neighbor will walk up and ask to borrow something, like your truck. (Disclaimer: "you" not meaning you specifically )
    DonnaT

As it happens, I just posted about this on the Census thread. I live with my mother and she doesn't know what I do. I have a couple of rooms up here, and I just come up late at night, get dressed and made up, and stay that way till two or three a.m., looking in the mirror and taking pictures. Mum sleeps downstairs, so I feel reasonably safe from interruption. I'm pretty sure none of the neighbours suspect anything.

I get my clothes and other TV necessities via the internet. I expect I'd be a better girl and would have a more interesting life if I could go out shopping and meet other people, and maybe it will happen eventually. But as things are I'm not unhappy.

Been doing it for 20 years now. Noone know except a friend or two that I have told and my mom. It is pretty easy to do, just do not go out dressed. And remember, the people at the stores do not know your personal life. And some of us men shop for our SO all the time. Even when alone. They do not know you do not have a lady at home. And to be honest, many women do not even care if you are a CD. And some are willing to help you find what you need. Oh, and if your friends come over. Do not leave the fem stuff laying about if you do not want them to know.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

So many ways to keep it secret

Yes, shopping on the internet--love E-bay, you can buy many things from Eddie Bauer or Land's End and have the packages delivered to the office. SInce they also sell men's clothes, people assume. I travel a lot and when I am in other cities, I really don't care.

StephanieCD
    All my life. Only a couple of people my whole life ahve ever known and I chose for them to know. For years I never had my own things - "borrowed" sometimes... even fashioned my own from other clothes. Now that I've accepted myself a bit more I've purchased an odd or an end here or there but the few things I've purchased, really, came from the Internet.

But, yes, I've kept the secret from the time I was 5 - I'm 28 now.

I've dressed for 49 years now, since I was 11. Other than one or two CD friends, no one else knows (or has let on otherwise). I've bought clothes in the stores and often by internet or mail order. Every so often I might get something from eBay, but I'm very picky about what I get there.

For the most part, I dress at home. I don't get out in public too often --- but I sure would like be out in public more!!!!!!!!!!!

StephanieCD
    The key word is, in fact, secret I mask everything I do as well as I can and never do anything I can't explain away. I'm more paranoid than a spy on the run, trust me!

Franchesca

"secret"

Steph' says the key wprd is "secret".
    In that case, only my TS lover knows for sure.

my secret all my adult life (and before that), more years than I want to remember, only my present wife knows (and doesn't want to know).

no problem buying clothes. just do it somewhere where you are not going to meet anyone who knows you. who the hell cares?

I have the benefit of maturity - I have learnt not to give a damn about what strangers may choose to think about me. I have bought panties, girdles, bras, swimsuits and nighties in Indian markets, Arab bazaars, Chinese shopping malls, British department stores, charity shops and ebay.

what's this thing about gays buying womens' clothes? if that's what people want to think, then let them, but I can't see why people associate gays with femme.

I'm lucky, I have worked away from home in the construction industry all my life, and apart from holiday visits from the family and the occasional married status job, I have managed to be 'single' for 75% of the time.

................... I hate having to go home when I can only be dressed at night in my (separate) bedroom.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

yup only Mom,, found a practice walking video I made and asked" Why are You taping this girl!?" ( till some time last week when I mistakenly posted my "drab" photo next to "K"'s on a thread here and now, omg its just a nightmare, my dog left me, my pickup was hit by a comet, my left nut fell off, it just gets worse,,,,,,the usa today article,,,excommunicated,,, omg...)
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

No one ever knew for about 4oyrs until I came out to my wife afew months ago. Now just her and her Tharapist and mine know. and all of you Gals
    Stephenie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

Me too

I'm like others that have posted here. Until I met my wife Marla, no one...not a living sole knew my secret. I promised myself that I would never ever tell anyone ....ever.

I used to shop mail order and on the internet with occasional purchases at stores in the mall at Christmas and Valentines Day. You can buy almost any female clothes on these days and no one thinks anything except that it's a gift.

Then I met Marla on the old "Men in bras" forum and that changed my life forever!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Smile Crossdressing in Secret

I have been cross dressing since i was about 13 or 14 years old. On the 22nd is my 73rd birthday and untill about 3 years ago, no one had or even new that i cross dressed. I had been married for 47years until the passing of my late wife. No she did not know and neither did any of our children. I have spent over 22 yrs in the military and we all know what happens if they were to find out. Well does this make me the oldest CD'r to be able to keep it a secret the longest??

I like your thread very much!

I have lived in secret for so long about 35 years by now! I am in my mid 40s and had my first experience at 5. The truth of the matter is I've been on again off again on again off again on again with my dressing throughout those years and now I am permanently on again! It would make your head spin how many times I have come back to it. For the longest time I did not talk about it or reveal it to anyone. I really kept it all to myself! A heavy burden that became. When my wife first caught me I was very embarrassed wearing my body briefer in her presence knowing I had to explain this.

After that I was very careful how and when I would dress. I still lived in the closet and still do. However now I am going out dressed in women shirts and trousers during the weekends and not really attracting too much attention.

My wife knows but is not willing to encourage it. She thinks I should see a doctor and go for treatment to rid myself of this. She really doesn't understand what it is like to be a closet crossdresser always having a need and desire to wear feminine clothing!

I have slowly took steps to let the closest people in my life know about it because I just can't keep this secret much longer. I feel I will suffer if I don't admit that I need to express this side of me. I don't have to go out fully dressed but I feel I need to at least open up about it because the fact is I am not ashamed to admit I am a crossdresser. I really wish to integrate it into my life without making a big deal about it. I have admitted it to a woman friend who happens to be friends to both my wife and I. She was a little bit surprised but seemed to understand. Her immediate reaction was Are you gay? To which I responded Absolutely not!!!!! I Love women to much and always have. My wife asked me the same question. This really gets me mad that people assume you are gay because you like to dress up. I am very happy with my male life and am proud of my heterosexuality. I love being a husband and dad! I just also happen to enjoy wearing dresses too!

My son is my pride and joy and I would never dress in front of him. He is a wonderful kid but is special needs so I need to take the focus off myself to help him. I am his father and I must teach him right and help him overcome his difficulties.

My mom passed away many years ago and I feel guilty I never talked to her about it though I suspect she knew because she always wondered why she would be missing some of her bras and panties.

I recently revealed it to my dad when he asked me why I was wearing womens jeans. He seemed ok about it and just told me to remember my wife, family and career always takes precedence and my crossdressing should be done in a discreet way to which I agreed with him and said Thank you for understanding me!

The one place I will not reveal my crossdressing though is the workplace!

So I am slowly revealing this to people closest to me. Next I need to open up about it with my sisters though I feel they suspect it anyway, their families and my sister in law and her family. I feel the more people I open up to the more I will be able to wear womens pants and blouses without any surprises. I will probabaly go to my parish priest to confess about it too!

Though I don't think crossdressing is a sin! I still feel it may be good to talk about it with a priest. I really need to go back to church!

So hopefully the more people I reveal it too the more able I will be to enjoy dressing in femme clothes!

Emmi

I haven't been doing it long but aside from my wife, a good friend, and my brother, NOBODY else knows about my crossdressing and so far it hasn't been that hard to keep it hidden from everybody else since I don't wear any overtly feminine clothing to work or out with family members and every opportunity that I have had to go out "en femme" (twice so far) have been at places and at times when the probability of running into anybody I know was extremely low. Also, we don't hang out with family members and/or friends much due to our hectic schedule so there is very rarely opportunities for inadvertently being discovered. As for shopping, my first two trips into the womens section at JC Penny went extremely smoothly. I knew what I was looking for, slipped into the mens changing room, tried on the clothing, and made my purchases. The salespeople that I encountered at JC Penny were very helpful and friendly and they assumed that I was buying the clothing for my wife not myself. My last few shopping experiences have been with my wife and on at least one occasion I went "en femme" so I felt completely unrestricted in browsing and trying on womens clothing.

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Khriss
    yup only Mom,, found a practice walking video I made and asked" Why are You taping this girl!?" ( till some time last week when I mistakenly posted my "drab" photo next to "K"'s on a thread here and now, omg its just a nightmare, my dog left me, my pickup was hit by a comet, my left nut fell off, it just gets worse,,,,,,the usa today article,,,excommunicated,,, omg...)
    Life just doesn't get any better than this

Ive been playing with drossdresing for a long time, i cant tell you the amount of times that ive bought panties and pantyhose and then months later through them all away. I have done this over and over, but now ive pretty much accepted it although no one knows, ive been out in public about four or five times, with pretty good success, and i have to say i just love it.
    I go to wal-mart late at night and buy some of my clothes, others i have found in thrift shopes, i love buying shoes, only a few other people know about this and they do it too so no big deal.none of myclose friend know, or my girl friend, although i think she might have half a clue......she ask me for polish remover one day and kinda smiled, plus i think she might have found my make up, just has'nt said any thing! but anyway i love dressing en femme but i have to keep it a secret, execpt for you ladies.

Good luck to All.

Lisa Lane.
    Last edited by Lisa; 07-22-2005 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie
    I have been cross dressing since i was about 13 or 14 years old. On the 22nd is my 73rd birthday and untill about 3 years ago, no one had or even new that i cross dressed. I had been married for 47years until the passing of my late wife. No she did not know and neither did any of our children. I have spent over 22 yrs in the military and we all know what happens if they were to find out. Well does this make me the oldest CD'r to be able to keep it a secret the longest??
    Sure sounds like you've got the record Richie!

Happy Birthday!
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa
    my girl friend....ask me for polish remover one day and kinda smiled
    Did you give here the remover? If you did, she's bound to know. If that's the case, ask her next time she's doing her nails if she'll do yours. That should be fun if she does.
    DonnaT

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

Succesful is an understatement...

I am the Susan Storm of secrets, 29 years no one knew. Just recently started coming out. I have had enought of . Bought things when on solo missions, and outings... I have a large lunch box to hide things .
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

GypsyKaren
    I managed to keep my secret for over 40 years,and except for a few close calls it wasn't really hard to do. I shopped wherever I wanted to, and I always had good hiding places for my things. I told my wife about it earlier this year, and now a few more people know. I greatly prefer being out in the open because the pressure of living such a secret was getting to be to much.

GypsyKaren

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox

maude knows !