Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little White Lies!

Little White Lies!

Well this is certainly a break thought for me. I decided that I needed new shoes. so I decided to stop by Payless and get at least one pair of new pumps.

I walked through the front door and the SA greeted me and I told her I was going to make her day. I told her that I was doing a benefit for Save the Ta's Ta's and the guys were going as girls.

Well we look at some shoes but she didn't have any in my size, but she was so helpful printed out where I could get my size locally and even offered to order them for me. I guy walked in and I freaked a bit and decided to leave.

Well today I went to the location where they had the shoes in my size and bought them and even another pair of mules I liked. Told the SA the same "Story" and she never batted an eye. I even tried the shoes on in the store. Wonderful!

I had to ask the SA if this has happened to her before, she replied nope this is the first time. There was even a male SA in the Store maybe the manager, and no one said a thing.

I don't think I would do this a lot but, girls, it is true what the other ladies say in here and what I have always heard from others is that confidence stands for a lot of who were are.
    Oh by the way did I mention I was EnDrab.

Hugs,
    Stefanie
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

Lol... Good sales people don't care.. A sale is a sale... The more you buy the happier they are!! I quit telling stories years ago and most of they time they don't even ask... They know!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

yeah and the stores are desperate now.
    I had a girl trying to win a trip spend a lot of time with me in the lingerie section of JCP. I bought a bra and she "jokingly" asked if I wanted to wear it out.

No need to tell stories, they don't care what you buy as long as you're buying. And often if you do tell some story, they're mentally rolling their eyes at your paranoia.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Little white lies to prevent embarassment don't hurt at all. Why, just a couple weeks ago I went to a grocery store and "had to pick up some eyeliner for my girlfriend."
    Alana Beaumont
    "Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, its too dark to read!"-Groucho Marx

Exclamation White Lies Don't Hurt, But Don't Help.

We have a chance at anytime we meet a stranger that we can educate them about us. I always tell the truth at stores and show them pictures of Tracy (if I'm in drab). I think it's this kind of personal interaction where people get to meet a TG person one on one where we can do the most good.

We will be able to change hearts and minds one person at a time...

I treat this as a type of men's liberation. This is just food for thought. I mean no criticism of your particular actions. I'm just saying there can be some good coming out of these chance interactions.

I have had several wonderful interactions while traveling to Atlanta for the Southern Comfort Conference. From a gal on the plane, to two gals from Mexico in the bar to three ladies checking my baggage in at the airport. All were positive, all thanked me for educating them on things TG.

With Love as always, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

The story already had us to believe that you were in drab. The SA's out there really don't care who's buying. It might have made thier day if you told them you like wearing heels.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

a little common sense..

Everyone's situation is different. First of all, there seldom needs to be any explanation. If I'm looking at a top, or stockings, or jeans, for example, and a sales person engages me, they usually don't ask who I'm buying these items for, so I see no reason to explain what doesn't need explaining.

If they do ask, then I have a distance rule. If I'm reasonably close to home, my wife is the beneficiary of my shopping. If I'm traveling, that's a different story. I was asked directly by an SA in an Atlanta Payless downtown if the shoes I was trying on were for me (my wife was in the store). The point was that she knew that if she was friendly with a tg buying shoes, it will be a place that I would come back to. Most sales people are incredibly friendly. The people at a MAC counter in Sacs in New Orleans exclaimed their opinion of how brave I was to not drag my wife along for support when I walked in for concealer, foundation, and powder. Of course they just wanted me to feel good so I would be a repeat customer, and it worked!

I must admit, it does take a bit of forethought, preparing your mindset for the situation, but once prepared, SAs will be friendly!

tina

Well, you know what they say, always tell the truth because it's hard to remember the lies we tell. I once went into a Payless Shoe store in drab and special ordered a of pair of shoes for a 'show I was in'. A couple of months later I went into another branch of Payless in a different mall to order another pair of shoes.

I walked up to the counter and told the SA that I needed to order a pair of shoes and before I could say another word she asked me if I was in another show. It seems it was the same SA and she had been promoted to manager of this branch, and I didn't even recognize her. I learned a lesson for that and from then on I have always gone shopping en fem and just order what I need or want without the little white lies.

Nicole

I went to Payless today, bought a nice pair of full toe heels. BTW, they look great with one of my new pieces of lingerie. The SA was great, I told her what I wanted, she took me to the isle, helped me try some on, gave me some good advice on walking in them. As I was paying for them, her shift change came in, looked at what I was doing, started talkin Rocky Horror, we ended up talking about the gay Mardi Gras Ball, turns out her husband is a CD too. I believe I made a new friend. Looks like they'll be getting a lot of my business.
    All because of being honest.
    Ms Kanuchi

I was in my normal Payless and told the SA that the larger size were mine. She said "You always pick the good ones". She then asked if she could give me a hug!

Well inho all that bs for nothing they do not care WHAT you buy.
    I wish you girls would not torment yourself with thinking the SA cares what you buy or look at. I think the big story made her think hmmmmm.
    Anyways cool you bought heels sorry you had to put yourself through all that unneccesary drama.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Really no need for a story, they probably don't believe it anyway. But, if it makes you feel more comfortable, why not? After a few more shopping trips, I'll bet your in there trying on the shoes!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Silver Member
    Great adventure story! Always be comfortable and confident in what you are wearing and what you are doing! Most younger SAs are friendly, helpful, and understanding, but want to make a sale. Doubtful if the "home office " looks at how many sales were from "guys buying for their GF, wife, or Mom" - just keep those sales numbers high!

Aspiring Member
    I really enjoy going to Payless and trying on shoes. Sometimes the SA will ignore me and other times she will make a point to help, tell me how cute the shoes are, offer the online option, etc. If they are helpful, I am certainly more likely to buy. If I am ignored, I will usually look for another Payless.
    Sheri

The sales assistant just wants to make a sale. Their job is to sell you stuff, anything, they really don't give two hoots.

The other day I brought some eyeliner at Shopper's and the SA was nice enough. She even quickly placed the items in a bag so the other customers would not see... I actually told her, its okay...I don't need a bag. I walked out of the store holding the stuff I bought in my hand for the world to see...the world didn't care. I also bought tights at Walmart today and bought them the same way I buy stuff at home depot. I figure anyone who wants to wonder can dream up all kinds of good reasons on their own why a guy is buying it. If anyone asks, I'll probably just respond with 'why are you asking?' or 'because I can'.

Good for you!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

At Payless you can go in and shop and try on shoes and say they are for you. No questions will be asked ans male or female sales people will be very helpful. I've done it several times.

There is no need for stories. I'm sure most of Payless' customers are CDers. If a guy isn't there buying men's shoes, he is most likely one of us. They know this.
    Cary

Platinum Member

Love My PAYLESS

I went to my Payless a few months ago and
    BoGo was on Buy one get one half off
    So Mr drab gets a pair of black loffers
    and ORCHID gets a pair of 4" black stilletto pumps.
    I said one pair for day and a pair for evening
    The girl says to me at the checkout this is the first
    time I has ever seen me buy mens shoes.
    Every time I go in there they aways greet me and
    ask if they can help me find something I like.
    They are there to sell shoes not judge customers
    .................................................. ........thanks.......ORCHID

Payless is probably my most favorite store. Go to payless.com and you can get your size also. And here's the best part, they will ship them to your local store for no charge! I have bought SO many pairs there and it's such a pleasurable experience.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

If you seriously think they believed that story... well, I guess if it makes you happy to believe that, go right ahead. If I were one of the sales clerks, I'd be rolling on the floor laughing my head off the minute the customer was out the door after telling us a whopper like that.

I went to sears a few years back and found a great sale on shoes, by the time I Was done I had 5 pair, the SA's only comment was wow that's a lot of shoes, I answered, I just can't resist a bargain, she smiled and bagged it all up for me.
    I never explain who I am shopping for, and I have never been asked. I have had sales people assume I was shopping for the wife and have had them tell me my wife is really lucky to have a husband that has such good taste, I just smile and say think you, no need to correct them.
    Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie_Adams View Post
    Well this is certainly a break thought for me. I decided that I needed new shoes. so I decided to stop by Payless and get at least one pair of new pumps.

I walked through the front door and the SA greeted me and I told her I was going to make her day. I told her that I was doing a benefit for Save the Ta's Ta's and the guys were going as girls.

Well we look at some shoes but she didn't have any in my size, but she was so helpful printed out where I could get my size locally and even offered to order them for me. I guy walked in and I freaked a bit and decided to leave.

Well today I went to the location where they had the shoes in my size and bought them and even another pair of mules I liked. Told the SA the same "Story" and she never batted an eye. I even tried the shoes on in the store. Wonderful!

I had to ask the SA if this has happened to her before, she replied nope this is the first time. There was even a male SA in the Store maybe the manager, and no one said a thing.

I don't think I would do this a lot but, girls, it is true what the other ladies say in here and what I have always heard from others is that confidence stands for a lot of who were are.
    Oh by the way did I mention I was EnDrab.

Hugs,
    Stefanie
    Wow, so many different responces!. You know what ? I agree with you all. I guess telling my little story was for ME! each of us has a different situation and comfort level I suppose.
    For you girls who are out and about that is just great that you can and are willing to be that open. I feel my situation is differnet as I have a "I only tell when she asks" so I don't want some stranger coming up to me one day when I am wife My wife and say how were the heels you bought from us. Or something like that.
    But I did take all of yours advice and the very next day I saw a pair of boots on Payless and called my local store and asked if they had my size (they Did) and I asked the sales girl to hold them for me under my male name. You were right no problems at all she even asked me if that was the only pair I wanted.
    So yeah I told a story to make myself feel confident and comfortable in this particular journey. But I still have to protect my security.
    Hugs to all
    Stefanie
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."