Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turned inside out with fear

Turned inside out with fear

I was on top of the world, my friend count is nearing the big 100 !!
    I am a little shy about going out and was going to start a post, maybe something like "Push Me". I was going to ask for suggestions on how to celebrate my 100th friend here.
    Something just outside my safe zone, you know,,, push the envelope,,,expand my horizons,,, dare me. I want to move forward, do more, be all the girl I can be........

BUT

The other day I read "just got out of jail" OMG OMG OMG !

I cannot imagine how horrible that must of been !!!!!

I haven't dressed since, not even in the closet.
    I don't know if I ever will again. I had plans of going further forward. This is so SCAREY. How can any of us ever dress again other than MAYBE with the doors deadbolted, windows closed up, lights off. I am shaking all over just thinking about how mean the world can be.

Diane if you never dress again so be it. The thread about jail was an unusual situation. If you had read the thread she was being sexually harrassed by this man and unfortunately her male side came out and decked him. I'm sure I would have done the same. Please don't let that scare you, be yourself.

If I were to hit somebody

If I were to hit somebody:
    1. I'd hate myself forever
    2. They'd probably never get up ever again

I'm not "out" to anybody at all and to have my name in the "Police Blotter" section of the newspaper would be more than I could handle.

I hate that the one jerk gives men a bad name.
    It's so sick that I don't have words for it

It's so upsetting.

It may not be right to hit someone, but he left her no choice. You do have to keep your temper a little though. We don't want anyone hurt. We just want them to leave us alone. I speak in general of course

Pepper spray?
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I don't mean to be harsh, but I think you are being a bit paranoid about the whole thing. The chances of you ending up in jail are very, very remote. As far as I can recall the story about the person being arrested for hitting someone that was harassing them is the first time I've heard of it on our site or elsewhere. If you are dressed at home, who is going to arrest you and for what? Come on back and enjoy yourself.

Fear is very, very real.
    Although the threat level may be completely different.

Google "Bruce Schniener" for more answers.

Lastly, the same "threat" can carry vastly different consequences for different people. Therefore, only you can decide how much risk you are willing to take on.

The chances of being arrested while dressed are extremely low. There have been many posts in this forum about girls' interaction with law enforcement, almost all have been positive.
    It would be nice though to see the mug shots of our members who have been arrested.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

[SIZE=4]Dianne, do not let that one experience that Jenny had dissuade you from going out. It was one persons bad experience. In fact, after reading that, I went out for the first time EVER. Nothing special mind you, just my Niece, her fiancé, and me of to a friends house. The point is though do not let someone else's bad experience keep you from being happy. If we, as a community of humans let the general population keep us from being and doing what makes us happy, we do not deserve to do it! Also I am going to go out dressed again tonight. I refuse to let society keep me in the closet anymore. I am who I am, the rest of the world will just have to deal with this fact. I feel bad for Jenny's experience but, I will not lay down because some a-hole did not know how to respect someone else's prerogative in life. I feel soo bad that Jenny had to endure what she did but, that has made me more militant toward our cause. I guess I should change my name to Xena cause I am a worrier for what we believe in. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4] Love always Bethany[/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Just don't hit anybody and you should be fine. I have been out many many times and never had any problem. I have more problems with my wife at home than I have out dressed.

You can spend the rest of your life being scared or you can conquer your fear. If you don't go out that door, you will live with regret until you finally go out. So consider this your kick in the butt and go already.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member

No matter where you go...

Being hassled is a possibility everywhere you go and no matter what you chose to do.

Just know things could happen, know what proper responses would be, and go on about your life.

Last week, you hadn't heard this "jail tale" and you were fine.

Last week and next week will be about the same.

Banned Read only
    I don't remember seeing it mentioned in that scary thread, but I think a wiser course of action might have been to head straight for a Security Guard after the SA failed to call one.

It's a scary thread alright, but a calmer reaction would have avoided what's going to be a hassle and headache.

Still, it's a good lesson for the rest of us to remind ourselves that the Pink Fog doesn't always hide us from harassment.

Don't let it frighten you out of being true to yourself, hun...

...that's how the creeps win!

Gold Member
    Relax Dianne. Just be yourself and excersize some caution and common sense. Again, what Jenny went through was bad, but then again, now you might see what GG's sometime have to deal with out of no fault of their own. Jenny could just have easily been a GG at that incident and Wal-Mart handled it very poorly. Personally, I don't venture out much as Miranda except at events like Be-All which is a pretty safe environment. I didn't even dress when I met Kimberly and Gina this year....regretful, but I'm still getting comfortable with everything and still feeling out the public response, so to speak. So don't let Jenny's experience (which she handled very well I thought) scare you. Just remember, be cautious.

If you don't challenge yourself you will forever be scared. Do something that is pushing your comfort zone, but not too far to make it impossible. Maybe for your first outting stay away from target... try something easy like sitting on the back porch in the dark or go for a short drive.

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    Remember ladies,, for every one of us that goes out, and is seriously thinking of going out.

there are 10 who probably may never go out. You live life once.
    Ciao and hugs,,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

Lifes to friggin short to worry about what could happen... The truth is S*#t happens... Ya go to learn to deal with it and move forward... Nothings stopping me from dressing (except my damn busy ass schedule) and going where I want and doing what I want enfemme!! Bring it on!! Every days a new adventure!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've been on this forum for years, and the going to jail bit over hitting someone who was sexually harrassing one of our contributors here was a first. It's very rare.

Further, there's mean people out there no matter what you are wearing. You can't avoid that any better than you can avoid having rain drops fall on you in life. Whether you're dressed in a dress or a suit, you are going to interact with some very nasty people. Being crossdressed doesn't change your odds of that in any significant way.

Be yourself. Don't live in fear. It can and will dominate your life if you let it do so.

baby steps all over again

Well I got up the courage to dress and go to the mailbox.
    Broad daylight.
    Mini skirt heels forms wig etc. etc.
    Nobody around so it was not really a big deal.

Starting to think about asking for a "push".
    Suggestions on how to celebrate my soon to be 100th friend.

Still scared.

Dianne, good for you hun am pleased that you took a baby step, lots of them lead to a long way being walked
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Congratulations Dianne!

Here's that push you asked for!

Decide where you're going and maybe go with a friend. Enjoy it and smile.

Also here's another push.
    Maybe go for a drive another baby step and to take away some of your stress take a bag of guy clothes/shoes and baby wipes as an emergency bag to have incase some weird thing happens like car breaking down or some other real life happening...this lessons the stress.And go enjoy yourself.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Wen4cd View Post
    Pepper spray?
    Probably off-topic but ... be aware of your local laws if you decide to carry pepper spray. It is illegal to do so in Massachusetts unless you have a permit.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianneRoberts View Post
    Well I got up the courage to dress and go to the mailbox.
    Broad daylight.
    Mini skirt heels forms wig etc. etc.
    Nobody around so it was not really a big deal.

Starting to think about asking for a "push".
    Suggestions on how to celebrate my soon to be 100th friend.

Still scared.
    Here's another push...BUT try to do it with a friend. You're less vulnerable that way.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Lifes to friggin short to worry about what could happen... The truth is S*#t happens... Ya go to learn to deal with it and move forward... Nothings stopping me from dressing (except my damn busy ass schedule) and going where I want and doing what I want enfemme!! Bring it on!! Every days a new adventure!!
    As always, the irrepressible Karren says it all! In very plain english!! Right on, Karren!

A CD for over 60 years, I have been in jail only once. It had nothing to do with my being a CD, not was I crossdressed at the time. It was an overnight stay for speaking my mind in court. The Judge agreed with my comment, about the other attorney, but still sentenanceed me to an overnight stay. I was in a cell with 5 other men, all of us overnighters. We just had fun telling stories. No one was going to do anything that might lead to a longer stay! Sorry, I don't have a copy of my mug shot!! That was 40 years ago!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

There are potential dangers out in the world. You potentially face them every time you go out as a guy. But you don't think about it much, you just go. So realize that, and don't let paranoia take hold because you're a T-girl.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President