Thread: Suggestions from women

Suggestions from women

Do you ever get suggestions from women, about your clothing, grooming, and accessories?

I get that a lot. They have said I should use eye makeup, or should wear fishnet stockings, that I need a "pretty" watch, or different nail polish. Some have told me to get more stylish tops, or shoes of another style, etc. etc.

Is this a common interaction with women?

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Only from sales associates at various stores. Usually of the type, "Oh cute outfit! That looks great on you. A skinny belt would really set it off and define your waist. Would you like me to get you one?" Or they'll suggest a different size, or maybe say, "That outfit, color, etc doesn't really work for you. Try this instead."

Other than that, most of the comments I've received are more complements, "You look very pretty, dear. Green certainly is your color." That was my first complement. When I saw this older lady coming into the ladies room as I was leaving start to address me, I was sure she was going to give me heck for being in there, so I've always remembered that. Others I can recall, "Cute shoes." "Pretty necklace." Things like that. Don't ever remember random meetings resulting in someone suggesting something else.

I don't think a woman would be happy for someone else to tell her that she needs different jewelry, accessories or other makeup. I guess they are reading you as a guy and trying to be helpful.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

I suggest things to Debs all the time .......... sometimes she listens, sometimes she don't
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    Do you ever get suggestions from women, about your clothing, grooming, and accessories?
    Yes, Sheila occasionally makes suggestions and gives me advice, sometimes I even take her advice, hence the recent improvements in my photogenic presentation, which in turn gives me more confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    Is this a common interaction with women?
    Yes it does seem to be common among the women who know me well, although I've never had it happen with women I've only recently met!

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Yes, I get that all the time.

My circle of friends knows who and what I am, and that I am desiring to be the best that I can, whether it be dress, makeup, or mannerisms. So I get a fair bit of constructive criticism from those attempting to help me. Especially in the beginning.

It used to bother me a tad, thinking that I wasnt doing that good a job. But then I realized that they are only trying to help. And that the things to correct were small, in perspective to the difficulties I could be having.

The other thing that struck me was the varying opinions of style and fashion. Some just loved the shoes, but thought the top was wrong, while others loved the top and thought the shoes were wrong, etc... At first this was a tad confusing. Until I realized that style and fashion is not universal. So then I had to weigh their opinions against how I thought of THEIR style and how I think it would go with mine..

Not always the easiest. But then again, if it were easy, it wouldnt be so much fun!

Eve