Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has it ever happened to you?

Has it ever happened to you?

Maybe it's my body or long hair I don't know but clerks, bartenders, salespeople and other strangers have confused me for a woman while in drab. I work in construction and have gone into bars or stores after work dirty and sweaty and get asked "how can I help you miss" or " get this girl a drink on me". It doesn't happen everyday but it has happened occassionally. Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by sherryleigh View Post
    It doesn't happen everyday but it has happened occassionally. Just asking.
    It pretty much happens to me all the time! O.K., sometimes I'm looking for it, I guess. Like today, I was out and about with no makeup, no boobs nor bra, but wearing a femme t-shirt, jacket and jeans with 3" wedge shoes, and my purse slung over my shoulder.

But it happens to me even when I'm not trying. I love it! But my spouse isn't always too happy about it. Fortunately, for some reason, it doesn't seem to happen too often when we are out with muggles who don't know about my crossdressing.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

[SIZE="2"]Hey Girl, if you do that good in drab........you must be a knockout when dressed!!!
    You lucky girl you.....Susan
    [/SIZE]

You must be fantastic when dressed. A ten yr old girl called me miss once. I have long hair and was wearing a beret with a rose on it (solid black). When I turned around to face her she pulled a home alone and couldn't say how sorry she was.

Me? HAHAHA!! I should be so lucky. Must be super easy for you to pass.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I get "mam" and "miss" quite a bit, especially when seen from behind (I have long have and I'm somewhat smallish for a man). Tho I usually have enough facial have when in drab mode to prevent any face to face confusion.

At least once I've been hit on by a guy while I was in drab, but he was severely intoxicated. Still, he persisted for a good five minutes before going away and never once questioned my gender. It's nothing I care to go through again, but I guess it's a compliment.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Never happened to me in person. Over the phone, though, it happens quite often. Which is odd because I don't really have a female voice. It's a bit higher and softer than most mens, but still...

Gold Member
    Yep...it has happened to me on occasion, tho the last time it occurred, I had a moustache!!! They saw me from behind and my longish hair. I was on a date and the waitress came over and asked..."What can I get you ladies?" Should've seen the look on her face when she saw me full on!!

It has happened a couple times to me. Several years ago, late night in a grocery with a gg friend. Just a couple weeks ago in wally world as well by a manager as well. I probably had ladies jeans on but, I wasn't even wearing wedges I guess my hair is finally getting long enough.

Since your a member here, consider yourself blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    But it happens to me even when I'm not trying. I love it! But my spouse isn't always too happy about it. Fortunately, for some reason, it doesn't seem to happen too often when we are out with muggles who don't know about my crossdressing.
    Only it did happen tonight. We met a GG friend of ours for dinner, someone who is pretty rigid about gender roles. I was in "macho" mode, wearing a guy's dark green polo shirt and a leather jacket. My spouse and I were facing the waitress. She walked over and said, "What would you ladies like to drink?"
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I've got a very lithe figure and am pretty androgynous even when I'm in Remy mode, but I frequently get ma'am'd and miss'd. Then again, my body language is usually what people pick up on as even when I'm feeling masculine I'm very reserved and quiet. That could be what people pick up on when they confuse us, not just on appearance.

It has. Even though I am overweight, and my hair was not long. My wife wonders why too, because neither of us can figure out why. Must be a vibe?
    DonnaT

I wish salespeople, delivery men would think I'm a girl when I'm in drag.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Yep. About once a week. Ain't it great?!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

never

Yeah right..... I'm surprised anyone thinks I'm a woman when out enfemme..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Happens fairly often. Just yesterday at work. I was even in a shirt and tie! I do have my hair in a femme a-line bob and small gauge hoops in my ears. But, I even get it in a ballcap and tshirt. I LOVE it, wife doesn't like it so much.

Used to happen a few times in my younger days when i had long hair... always from the back though... because my beard was as long as my hair at the time (think ZZTop)..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    They saw me from behind and my longish hair
    When I was much younger (and had long hair) I had this exact same thing happen to me several times. Someone would see me from behind, while I was in drab, and mistake me for a woman.

This always shocked me because I do not consider myself passable because of my size (think football player). However, years later my stylist once commented on how thick and nice my hair was and she remarked that she would have loved to have seen it when it was long (her exact words were - it must have been gorgeous).

Unfortunately, now I have to keep it short because of my job

You are so lucky!
    I unfortunately cannot have long hair (job requirement)...but sure wish I could!
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yeah right..... I'm surprised anyone thinks I'm a woman when out enfemme..
    I dunno from your pictures you look like you pass big time to me, I can only hope to get that close as I try more.

Oh yeah, it happens to me all the time!!!! IN MY DREAM'S!!!!!!!!!! Jennifer
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

I get called Ma'am alot actually, but only on the phone. For some reason I come across that way. For years I'd get embarrassed and correct the person, but not any more, since I came to accept myself for who I am.

Hugs,
    Ann

It only ever happened to me once just before I went full time. I was in a fast food resturant and noticed a little girl staring at me. She asked me the line straight out of the film TransAmerica:

"Are you a girl or a boy?"

Since I was dressed as a guy I replied "A boy". But I then asked her why she thought I looked like a girl - she simply said "Your eyes"

Reading through everyone's posts, I see a common thread that long hair, especially from behind, seems to be the feminizing factor. Unfortunately for me I cut off a lot of my longer hair. Fortunately for me, I still get a few random ladies' comments. The thing is, I have a very stocky and stout frame. I don't see too many ladies built like a fullback; short maybe this one :P