Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How old were you when u first ventured out en femme?

For me it was 24. I had been dressing for 16 yrs, married with 3.2 children. Yes; my wife was carrying again. I had to work and sent my wife to Disneyland From Boston. There wasn't a disneyworld yet. Dressed one night, hopped in the car and drove into boston and walked through the commons. Excitement and fear all at once. Three more time that week.

I was 25ish,just drove around the city for hours.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I was 23 and took my first pictures(film camera) outside when I lived in the southwest. Never developed the pictures, exposed the film! Underdressed alot until about 5 years ago went out fully dressed to drop some paperwork off to my wife near her work in broad daylight!! She'd know for about 8 years at that time, and was suprised I looked so passable(I was wearing a short denim skirt that she was not thrilled with!) Been out alot since then, although interacations have been minimal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2003 was the year Sara blossomed (i was 34) Went to a transgendered nightclub here in London. I was sooooo nervous but i've never looked back since.

Sara xxxx

I think I was about 30. Yikes, 28 years ago!
    I lived close to the local university and would occassionaly go for walks on campus in the evenings and go into some of the buildings.
    Also walks around the neihborhood.
    Keely

One of the Reds

My first time out in public, I was 50, a midlife crisis I suppose. I really felt the need to dress fully and go for it so I signed up for Esprit a crossdresser/trangender event, It was wonderful. Met wonderful supportive people and wondered why I waited so long. I only dress up occassionally, and enjoy every opportunity!

In my early to mid 50's use to drive around and stop and walk around strip malls. Oh so excited and scared (what if I get caught).

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve View Post
    Not to mention this sounds like a FICTIONMANIA story, that was about the time I got started too, aged 12-13---but I never went out.
    Questions--What were the circumstances of this? Moms are not usually condoning of such activity, And what did you do for HAIR?--one of my frustrations of that time was the lack of easily available, cheap wigs. Just curious, if not skeptical
    It's a long story, but since u asked: four in family, three boys, one girl 18 months older than me and who is the spitting image of me...we looked very, very much alike. She died of double pneumonia when she was just a few days shy of her 11th B-day.

Tore my mother to pieces because she felt it was her fault that she did not take her to a doctor early enough. She ws institutionalized for weeks..even had electroshock treatments which would make her go dumb -like some of the inmates in One Flew Over The Cookoos Nest.

One day, probably a year after my sister's death, we are home (mom and I) and she asks me if she can dress me in my sister's clothes for a while because I look so much like her. Of course I say no, call her crazy, etc. She starts having a breakdown....bawling, etc, so out of pity and concern I say 'okay'.

She dressed me, complete with training bra. She even had to fetch one of her girdles because you-know-who would try to stand at attention. I loved it. Spent the whole day dressed. Two weeks later, same request. I did not argue. A couple of weeks later tables were turned because I asked her, and so it began. She was supportive and encouraging just as a Mom would be when trying to grow a girl...no questions were ever asked. She was very much happier when I was a girl with her.

Leg, arm & underarm hair: shaved for that summer. Chest hair: Nair. Wigs: Mom had two. Never asked how expensive they were.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Well --- undressed as early as age 13 -- training bra and panties -- MY OWN!

Fully dressed -- I was 25. It started out great, buying stuff, trying things, using the ladies room without having to sneak in as I did in high school, .... and then I was read by a snarky teenage girl at the food court when I went to buy a Coke. It was so traumatic that I fled back to my hotel room, and literally stayed in the darkened room in bed crying from about 4PM until Sunday at 9. Purged everything then!

Hmmm ... then bought new stuff two months later

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

That would depend on a few things.. one when I wore heels and all but wasn't trying to pass was in the backyard sometime when I was in grade school or sometime like that.. if you mean trying to pass and going out in some sort of public setting then that would be this past April.. but I've worn pantyhose and other under wearable clothing for many years before that..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Last month at SCC

When I was over 60!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

In the 80's, in my 20's. Haven't been out since. Too chicken I guess!

I was late teens. Probably 17 i think. I had long hair and was quite a scrawny kid so i guess you could say i was kind of feminine anyway.

I lived in a big town but a quiet neighbourhood and everyone in my house was out for the night. I dressed as if i were going out, purple dress, black jacket, stockings, knee boots. I did some light make up, just lipstick and eye shadow. I literally just walked around the block but it felt so amazing. I'd gone outside a few times, just into the garden for a cigarette or something but that was really invigorating. I did it a few times after but never really been out like it since sadly

lusciouslisalips
    estero, florida (near Sanibel Island only on the mainland)

Partially dressed----many times, fully dressed, never

but the urges are so demanding, that i am sure that it will come to pass in the not too distant future....preferably while going out on a date----dressed to the nines, completely en'femme, that will happen as i have promised myself that it will. I simply cannot wait.................sighhhhhhhhh, lisa

Age 11 in 1952 for Halloween. Wore my mom's rayon dress, Full rayon slip, Scarf over the head and lipstick. Was quite a high walking arond trick or treating. Have gone out the last four Halloweens dressed to the nines. bra, panties, breast forms, full slip, nylons, highheels, makeup and wig. Takes about an hour to get done. Wife has mixed feelings about me going out Its a great high.

One night recently I wore an all sheer black blouse and black skirt. Long Auburn wig. Underneath had on a pointy black long line bra and an open bottom black girdle which I secured with black nylons. Wore a sexy black full slip to smooth the look and to tone down my nipples that were pushing through the bra. This was the ultimate high. Walked around a mall parking lot.

Just A Girl Next Door
    It kind of depends on what you mean by going out. It was a long process to get where I am today.

Age 16 - put on a skirt & top in the garage, drove around the block once at night, changed back in the garage

Age 30 - wore skirt & t-shirt out to get the mail, avoided everyone

Age 35 - wore skirt & top out to the car, drove around a while, parked in the street and walked back inside, avoided everyone

Age 40 - wore skirt & sweater, went out late at night, stopped at gas station & pumped gas, avoided everyone

Age 42 - put on skirt & turtleneck & makeup inside, drove to another city, had to go pee so I stopped and used the ladies' room shaking the whole time, tried to avoid everyone

Age 43 - put on skirt & turtleheck & makeup inside, walked out the door to the car, went to a thrift shop & a Target store, exciting but not that scary

Age 44 (now) - dress up completely when I get the chance, go shopping, have dinner, pretty much whatever...

Last year at age 35. I waited too !@#$-ing long!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Age 42 - drove 1000 miles en fem and it was wonderful

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

2 Halloweens ago (2007) I was 36. I got a Jamie Austin makeover, drove home en femme and stopped for gas (didn't need it) just to be out in the cool area on a busy street showing off my legs. Such vanity. Have been out since but during makeovers with jamie. We'd go off site and take pics in full view of the public, what a rush!

I was 31. I went to the mall and payless, oh yeah and a gas station. I was read though, what a bummer. I hind sight it was learning experience. Now I think I know a little more of what to do and not do.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamgirl9 View Post
    I was 35 and had finally got up the nerve to go to a meeting of a crossdressers group. I went to a meeting and then out to a bar with a mixed straight/gay crowd - auburn wig, nails, full makeup, jewelry, black dress, heels and I got some compliments the first time out. What kills me is that I did it after moving back to my home city (long story) and I never had the courage when I was in my early 20's and halfway across the country. I think back to my 20's and constantly rue the opportunities lost in a place where I didn't have to worry about running into someone I knew.
    I look back at my early 20's too. I finally decide to go out after I'm married with children.

First time was when I was 13 my sister dressed me and did everything for me. Was great every girl at the party would flirt with me until I spoke and they realized I was a boy. I enjoyed it. My second time will be this weekend when I go to the ceder springs block party.

I was 11 or 12 late eighties. Spandex,Splash pants, The original skinny jeans, slouch socks, etc. I loved my introduction. Lol

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

teenager years

God, I had to be about 14 of 15 years old. I had a long black halloween wig, Black stretch sturrup pants, ( remember those), cute sweater and a white leather jacket. I raided moms closet for all of that stuff. I took a long walk across the highway and home again. One person saw me and did not take any notice. It was SOOO exciting.

It was just last October when I was 22, went downtown to a area called the Old Market and walked around even went in couple of the stores, been real comfortable with going out dressed ever since