Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How old were you when u first ventured out en femme?

How old were you when u first ventured out en femme?

I've seen many threads about going out and about, what article of clothing one first wore, but I have not seen one before about 'how old were you when you first stepped out to the outside world en femme'.

In my case, I was a few months shy of 13...way, way back during the summer of 1964, when, enthusiastically encouraged, aided and abetted by Mom, I spent the whole summer en femme.

I will never forget my first time out, to Burdines to buy heels. At that age Mom and I were the same dress size but were different shoe sizes, so I had to buy shoes. Dressed in a two-piece brown dress, girdle, long-line bra, stockings, wig, made up as a young woman of maybe 20 and wearing shoes that Mom had borrowed from my aunt with the excuse that her feet were horribly swollen, Mom and I went to buy some heels for me.

Those were the days when shoe shoppiing always meant male attendants kneeling over to help fit the shoes and I distinctly remember on the way over to the store, Mom telling me all about how the attendant would try to peek up my skirt as he was fitting the shoes, to mind my legs, not flash anything, be mindful of exposing my stocking tops and girdle, etc etc.

To this date, still an extremely vivid -and I must say, erotic- memory....

How old were you?

i was 17 and in high school i was shaking for 2 day's after words

susie

Age 24.
    Early 1990's...I decided to venture out to a coffee shop on Newbury St. in Boston wearing a black skirt, Navy silk shirt buttoned all the way up, with a silver brooch, knee boots, and a pair of dangly earrings. i had no idea what to expect...but I got a few stares.

Two years ago at age 37.
    Went shopping at the mall and ate out at a mainstream restaurant.
    What a rush that was, but boy was it a lot of fun.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

A Rainbow Gathering when I was 41.

My first time out was a little over 2 1/2 years ago at age 60. I went into San Francisco for dinner, then over to Diva's. Since it was a slow night there, we ended up across the street at the Lush Bar. Once out, I have never looked back and am probably nearing over 100 times out since that momentus night. My presentation has greatly improved, except for my walking in heels. That is why I normally always use flats or flip flops. What a wonderful life!
    Last edited by AllieSF; 10-16-2009 at 01:18 PM.

[SIZE="3"]August 2009 at the age of 50.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Two weeks ago !!!! lol
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Halloween 1993, I was a youthful 46. My dressing has progressed a lot in 16 years.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

The first time that I went out enfemme was the Spring of 2003. Now I;m a full time girl.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I was 30 years old. I'd been housebound 'till then. My wife suggested we go to a Halloween party at the house of one of her work friends. I only knew one person there. On the way we paid a quick surprise visit to a couple we knew, and they were enthusiastic about our costumes, and the man was very interested in my transformation.

I had a ball, was mistaken as a GG by a few people, and eyed jealously by another cross-dressing guest who wasn't as polished in his/her look. I was high for a week.

I wore a Jessica McClintock renaissance dress and long hair.

It was another three years before I went out again, to a support group. Within a year or two I was going out all over town, shopping, to concerts, etc.

[SIZE="2"]My first time out was around 1980, took a ride at night to the beach {was living in Florida}. I didn't think I would ever come out of the clouds, what a night!!! At some point I pulled into a closed gas station and got out of the car and walked around a bit. Wow I hadn't thought about this in a while....
    LOL Susan
    [/SIZE]

Around 35, didn't like it and have been out since.
    Tina

I was nineteen and I was very nervous and excited.

I've worn various combinations of makeup, jewelry, long nails and high heels since I was a kid -- my mom used to put nail polish and lipstick on me back when I was no more than three or four, and we would go out shopping or to her friends' houses. But I never fully dressed as a female with the intention to go out (and maybe even pass) until late 1997, when I was 40.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    Two years ago at age 37.
    Went shopping at the mall and ate out at a mainstream restaurant.
    What a rush that was, but boy was it a lot of fun.

Hugs!

I must say you are beautiful for 39. Glowing skin and beautiful hair? Wigs or natural? For me it was 3 weeks ago at age 32. I had been going out in shorts over the summer with my nude sheer stockings and noone could tell. So maybe longer if that counts.

August 2008 - 48
    Michelle

1968. I was 16. Had been dressing for 9 years and would sneak into the baseement when everyone was asleep and dress and do my nails.. So one evening I snuck out the back and took a stroll around the block.. Didn't have a wig so I took a hair net and stuck curlers to my hair... Girls were always walking around town with rollers in their hair..

This was a small farming village so getting caught would have been a disaster.. I've told the rest of the story somewhere here a few times so I won't go back into the details...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    outside of halloween. my first time was around 3 yrs ago at the age of 31. completly spur of the moment i went to the kingston spring fling. met alot of really nice people and even got pegged as a gg that was there to support her s.o. because i met a new girl and i was try'n my best to get her to relax while have'n a coffee while she was in guy mode. since then i've only been out a few times. that no shoes, no shirt rule gets me every time. lol.

High school, just drove around a little, not again until freshmen year of college for a halloween party.

Excluding the obvious Halloween parties, my debut was about 15 years ago, when my local tavern instituted "ladies night" -- anything for a discount drink!

Late 80's. House sitting for my aunt. Put on her clothes, from top to bottom and walked across the street to the park. Of course it was night time, but it was still exciting to sit on a park bench in the cool night air. There was a couple of people there, young lovers I suppose.
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    While I was no stranger to dressing up, since I've been doing it since childhood, I didn't go out fully until I was 35. It was a little more than two years ago in July of 2007. I haven't looked back since.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    1968. I was 16. Had been dressing for 9 years and would sneak into the baseement when everyone was asleep and dress and do my nails.. So one evening I snuck out the back and took a stroll around the block.. Didn't have a wig so I took a hair net and stuck curlers to my hair... Girls were always walking around town with rollers in their hair..

This was a small farming village so getting caught would have been a disaster.. I've told the rest of the story somewhere here a few times so I won't go back into the details...
    Karren,

Your story is so similar to mine (well, except I was in Chicago, not a small farming village).

When I was 16 (in 1969), I would sometimes sneak into the basement in the middle of the night and put on one of my sister's minidresses and my mother's high heels. One night, just being in the basement wasn't enough, so I put on my sister's short coat and a scarf over my head and went for a short walk. So scary but so exciting.

A few nights later, I became braver. I walked a few blocks over to the "busy" street in our neighborhood. It was 3 AM, so there was almost no traffic, but it was still very bright. I wondered what would happen if a police car drove by.

I started my one block walk down the busy street. A few cars passed. It was exciting. When I was almost at the end of the block, a cab stopped, the driver motioning if I wanted a ride. I waved him off. That was the first time anyone had seen me dressed.

The cab drove off and I hurried to the safety of the end of the block and the side street. I was so afraid but so exhilarated, too.

I took about 20 or so of those early morning walks. I'm surprised no one at home ever heard me.

Linda
    Linda Marie Daniels

First time out fully enfemme, I would be 50,
    First time out and Seen fully enfemme was in a bar with my ex wife at 55.
    First time out in a skirt 45.
    Last time out fully enfemme 1 hour ago, 59 and a bit.

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033