Thread: yar but would you do it all over just the same??

Platinum Member

yar but would you do it all over just the same??

for any one that is a cd or what ever lable you want to stick on ...for any lenth of time has been up down....confused , happy and sad..from the closet to out and abought..from just one fem item to a full outfit...we run the list complete from top to bottom ....shopping till we can't fit no more in ..to purgeing everything....we do it all....gay or straight ,marryed or single....familys and oh so serecet lives we hide away like a spy..undercover
    the joy and pain....what a drain ,such a strain....the question i ask if you had to do it all over again would you ????

two choises :

#1 the excate same way things have been all your life no changes at all....

#2 never ever haveing the urge to be a cd at all............

me???? #1 for shure as screwed up and messed up this whole little trip has been the things i have learned and people i have met i would not change a thing...........

Gemma
    I don't think No. 2 comes into the equation Wendy, too right I would do it all again

Tristen Cox
    Would you do it all over just the same??

No I would have had the 'one' I should never have let go, for better or for worse and never had this stupid life that has become....

#1 with stipulations

I would definitly choose number 1, But I would have told my wife before we got married, and not waited 10 years
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

#1 for sure Wendy, even now I am fully dressed to the nines. Make up in place and heels. For myself crossdressing isn't a passion just to enjoy. But a real need that has to be satisfied.

Hugs, Claire

Wendy, #1 it would be but I 'd like to change some. Like letting my wife know before we got married. Hugs Krystal.

StephanieCD
    Sorry, girls, I'd pick #2 in a heartbeat - the way it's phrased "never ever haveing the urge to be a cd at all"... in the Buddhist sense of things, desire is the birthplace of discontent - to have the choice to not want to do this I'd choose it, easy.

[size=4]What a great question - puts everything into perspective - thanks Wendy[/size]

[size=4]Without doubt or hesitation its a #1 (I would just like to start much earlier in my life, though, please maam, please)[/size]
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

I wouldn't change a thing. Sure there were lots of "growing pains" as I sorted out all these thoughts and feelings but what this side has done for me is given me an understanding of women and women's issues that most males tend to close their minds to.

Smile do over?

#1.

honestly, I would still say #2 ...

ask me again in a year
    Kath

Departed
    I've said many times I would never want to lose that part of me but I know deep down inside I'm just convincing myself of that because I know it can never be changed. But losing contact with my son has been the most painful experience I've ever had in my life. I'd change in a heartbeat if I could so I could be a normal father to my kids.

Add to that all the difficulties this life was brought with it, fear of discovery, humiliation, dealing with an uneducated society who thinks I'm a pervert, having to live a second class life, going out under the cover of darkness, being rejected by those who you've been friends with. No, if I could I'd take a life without having any desire to dress or any gender identity issues.

I've never admitted this openly because I have always tried to look at the postitives of being TG but in all honesty they do not even come close to outweighing the negatives. I'd only choose this life if I could live in an accepting society.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Marie
    I've said many times I would never want to lose that part of me but I know deep down inside I'm just convincing myself of that because I know it can never be changed. But losing contact with my son has been the most painful experience I've ever had in my life. I'd change in a heartbeat if I could so I could be a normal father to my kids.

Add to that all the difficulties this life was brought with it, fear of discovery, humiliation, dealing with an uneducated society who thinks I'm a pervert, having to live a second class life, going out under the cover of darkness, being rejected by those who you've been friends with. No, if I could I'd take a life without having any desire to dress or any gender identity issues.

I've never admitted this openly because I have always tried to look at the postitives of being TG but in all honesty they do not even come close to outweighing the negatives. I'd only choose this life if I could live in an accepting society.
    OH MY GOODNESS
    there is more therapy in this post than i have paid for in nine years !
    m
    and tears are on the keyboard

It is a complicated question, and almost impossible to answer objectively, at least for me. There have been times in my life when I have wanted nothing more than to leave crosdressing behind and live the "normal" married life, and did, twice, for a while. Especially my first marriage. And there were also plenty of other times when I purged and thought I was happy, whether I was single or in a relationship. When I finally gained full acceptance, after almost 44 years of living, I knew then that I was never truly happy and at peace before, because the difference was so incredible, in every facet of my life. It's funny, I dress now, sometimes a few times a week, sometimes not for a month or more. But frequency matters less now than the fact that it's ok. There's my makeup basket, right there in the bathroom. There's my girl closet, door wide open. There have been periods in my life when I have dressed almost every day, maybe to an obsessive level. Like I was chasing something, perhaps. But there was always the guilt and fear, the mortifying embarrassment when someone found out.Feeling like I was somehow less deserving of respect, that this was somehow wrong, even though it made me feel so right.

So now that I have accepted who I am, and feel so incredibley lucky and special to be able to experience the part of me that is truly female, and don't care at all who knows, It's a slam dunk-answer #1, right? Not so fast. Some of the truest words ever spoken are, "ignorance is bliss". To never, ever have experienced the complications? The embarrassment? The crying? The Why me's? The lost relationships? The fact that it made me less than my potential could be while I was denying, or not fully accepting? OR on the other hand, the incredible peace, the feeling of serenity, The feeling that this is a part of me? The knee buckling feeling when you feel and look your feminine best? The people I have met here? The ones I hope to become personal friends with in the future? That feminine part of me that I know makes me a better overall person, in male OR female mode? The way my life has improved and the happiness I feel now that I know who and what I am, for better or worse? It's a whole life experience. Good. Bad. Really ugly sometimes. An experience that, with a little maturity and self awareness, has the potential for a happy ending.

But Ignorance IS bliss, and the happiness, without the pain, could have come earlier.

On the other hand, Ignorance is also hostility, hatred, bigotry, lack of empathy, and intolerance, and knowing what I know now, I would never want to be a part of that. Now, I grew up in a pretty opened minded family, so maybe that would not have happened to me.

The truth is, I do feel lucky. And special. I know this isn't easy, and there will continue to be challenges. It is for me, a very difficult question, which is why I've rambled on for so long.(sorry, everyone!).

But I, given the choice today, choose to be the person I have worked hard to love, and who has experienced and learned much, good and bad, and that person is me. #1. No reservations. But maybe a little reflection on how it might be.

Hugs,

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A.
    It is a complicated question, and almost impossible to answer objectively, at least for me. There have been times in my life when I have wanted nothing more than to leave crosdressing behind and live the "normal" married life, and did, twice, for a while. Especially my first marriage. And there were also plenty of other times when I purged and thought I was happy, whether I was single or in a relationship. When I finally gained full acceptance, after almost 44 years of living, I knew then that I was never truly happy and at peace before, because the difference was so incredible, in every facet of my life. It's funny, I dress now, sometimes a few times a week, sometimes not for a month or more. But frequency matters less now than the fact that it's ok. There's my makeup basket, right there in the bathroom. There's my girl closet, door wide open. There have been periods in my life when I have dressed almost every day, maybe to an obsessive level. Like I was chasing something, perhaps. But there was always the guilt and fear, the mortifying embarrassment when someone found out.Feeling like I was somehow less deserving of respect, that this was somehow wrong, even though it made me feel so right.

So now that I have accepted who I am, and feel so incredibley lucky and special to be able to experience the part of me that is truly female, and don't care at all who knows, It's a slam dunk-answer #1, right? Not so fast. Some of the truest words ever spoken are, "ignorance is bliss". To never, ever have experienced the complications? The embarrassment? The crying? The Why me's? The lost relationships? The fact that it made me less than my potential could be while I was denying, or not fully accepting? OR on the other hand, the incredible peace, the feeling of serenity, The feeling that this is a part of me? The knee buckling feeling when you feel and look your feminine best? The people I have met here? The ones I hope to become personal friends with in the future? That feminine part of me that I know makes me a better overall person, in male OR female mode? The way my life has improved and the happiness I feel now that I know who and what I am, for better or worse? It's a whole life experience. Good. Bad. Really ugly sometimes. An experience that, with a little maturity and self awareness, has the potential for a happy ending.

But Ignorance IS bliss, and the happiness, without the pain, could have come earlier.

On the other hand, Ignorance is also hostility, hatred, bigotry, lack of empathy, and intolerance, and knowing what I know now, I would never want to be a part of that. Now, I grew up in a pretty opened minded family, so maybe that would not have happened to me.

The truth is, I do feel lucky. And special. I know this isn't easy, and there will continue to be challenges. It is for me, a very difficult question, which is why I've rambled on for so long.(sorry, everyone!).

But I, given the choice today, choose to be the person I have worked hard to love, and who has experienced and learned much, good and bad, and that person is me. #1. No reservations. But maybe a little reflection on how it might be.

Hugs,

Melissa
    I agree whole heartedly with Melissa's perspective. I only wish I had come to terms with my cross dressing at a much, much younger age instead of scaring my psyche over so many years with guilt and shame over something that is just naturally a part of me and deserves to be accepted and respected.
    You can dress me up but you can't take me out...at least not yet.

Departed
    Wendy, I think the floodgates have been opened............

I got home last night and I went to bed without removing my makeup. When I got up today I still looked OK so I put on a pair of skorts and a pink top and putzed around the house in that. I had set my hair in curlers before I went out but didn't like the look so I wore a wig instead. But there was still some curl in my hair so I played with it until I was satisfied I looked femme enough for house putzing. No, I would never have gone out like that!

Well it was getting close to crunch time as I had to do some grocery shopping for my lunches for the week. Did I want to go dressed just as I was? You're damn right I did. Did I? Hell NO! I would never have even considered it.

So I marched upstairs and removed my lipstick and mascara with makeup remover (the lipstick won't come off with soap and water). Then removed my nail polish and hopped in the shower. A half hour later Jim was heading out the door to go grocery shopping.

How could I ever say I like this life? I hated having to change but going out en femme was out of the question. Even if I was bold enough to do it, what if I was seen and read by one of my son's friends? They would certainly tell him and that might mean I'd never have a chance to reconnect with him again. I'd never jeopardize that.

How could I ever say I wanted to live with all this inner turmoil? Why would anyone want to? I'd give up all that I've learned, all the wonderful feelings I've had when dressed, all the friendships I've made, everything related to me being TG for a normal life, being able to talk to my son, being able to spend time with him, see him laugh again, help him when he's struggling and give him a big fatherly hug and be able to look him in the eyes and say, "I love you." All those things we used to do before but may never be able to do again. Yeah, I'd give up everything TG just to have that back again.

For me the no brainer is #2. I'd have to be a masochist to want it any other way.

Make me all male or all female, either way is fine, but this middle of the road crap stinks.

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    ,,,agreeing with Melissa,, is really a more complicated question,,, but for me, a relatively simple answer,,,given only the two choices,, is #1, wouldn't change a thing,,,,,however, is interesting it's the moderators who chose #2, to this point, at least,,, how intriguing!!, wonder what they're seeing, that we're not,,,

I would certainly do it over because I definitely love being a girl but I would like to have come to the realization earlier in life that I wanted to be feminine and lived totally en femme and transitioned to being a woman. Although I am not unhappy with my lot in life, somehow I feel that I would have been so much happier living my life out as a woman. I am so much more comfortable with how I look and how I act as a woman and am even so much more comfortable in feminine company than in male company. Women are so much more outgoing and at peace with each other and men are so competititive and macho with each other. I definitely prefer the feminine lifestyle.
    Dawn

If I were to repeat being a CD I'd definitely want to do quite a few things different. But not having that option according to the choice given, whereas choice #2 is not so stringent, I'd go with #2 only if it did not change my personality. If my personality were to change for the worse, because I had no CDing urges, then I'd go with #1.
    DonnaT

Such a good question Wendy ! the #1

After thinking and re thinking about it ... I'll definitly do things differently. I mean, i wouldn't get married, and go for a life full time fem !!! Hope to get into as soon i'll be ready to make this change. The problem, the more you keep it secret, the more it takes you time to make changes ...
    Alise ..... from froggy land !

Platinum Member
    wow the replyes to this are veary well thought out and it shows and i can feel them ..
    Julie huge Wendy hugs to you girlfreind.... Melissa yes to get to the place were your comfy in just who you are ....and to know that as well .. thats something that even most "normal" people realy can't say thay have done..................

in my life i would do it all over again and Julie i do have the same feelings that you do so yes i could have been a better father to my sons ...and it could veary well have been if i realy had understood just who or what i was or had any insight as to were this would lead i probly would have not had any kids ... but maybe it was because of all this and how things were that what happened , happened... hang in there be there and ready now i am closer to my youngest son than ever ...and my oldest son well we are working on that ..........so would i do it over ....yes...

I would never give up Priscilla,she is the side of me that is good,who cares about others and is the creative side of me.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

If I had to do it the same as it has already been done then there is no way I would do it again. Now, if I could change some things along the way and not have to marry my first wife again then maybe I would. But, if it was to be an exact do over....hell no.....I would rather never have this urge and the answer would be #2.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.