Thread: To Wig or not to Wig... (Full Time?)

To Wig or not to Wig... (Full Time?)

Hi Everyone,
    I've started wearing women's clothes (casual) full time with makeup/purse/shoes, etc. I'm wondering if it's time to go out with the wig (professionally fitted) and a padded bra. My only concern is 'going back' to my thinning balding head. My facial hair is almost gone from the laser/electro but I still am using my mail voice. I feel more comfortable using my male voice/name right now.

Anyone have experience using a wig occasionally? I'm not concerned about passing - no one is fooled and I'm pretty open about it.

Once I started buying clothes at H&M/Old Navy that actually fit well instead of hunting at the Thrift store for the occasional XL I moved into transition a lot faster.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend,
    Rachel

wigs are just occasional for me as I have a thick head of long hair ( my only asset ). There are many ladies here that will help though

Aspiring Member
    I am now living full time.
    As i have lost a lot of my natural Hair i have to wear a wig all the time,'

If you are going to buy a wig, buy a good one, and also go to some one that has the expertise in the wig industry.

The Lady that i go to, is very kind to theTG community and also does a lot of work for ladies that have lost their hair through Chemo.ou

Go the little extra and you will not regret it.

I am to the point now, that if i do not have my wig on, i do not feel proper

Denise

I have the thin area in front and so I wear wigs, I know there are special wigs for my front area and will invest in several as soon as my hair gets long enough to style agian. Made the mistake of cutting it short last spring, thought it would help with a different style of wig. I like being able to do things with my hair and not have to worry about lossing it.

HUGS Sandra Dunn

If you are more comfortable wearing a wig as opposed to your natural hair due to the thinning and balding, then by all means wear it. There are plenty of women who wear wigs and if you've gotten yours professionally fitted I have to imagine it looks fairly natural.

I hate wearing wigs so I tend not to most of the time, but occasionally will wear one just for the look.

One thing to consider depending on how much hair you have left, is to try getting a nice selection of hair extensions that work with your natural hair but still give you the longer, feminine look that you might get with a wig, but still gives you a natural looking hairline and such.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

You've been dressing full time and wearing makeup full time..... And sporting a male hair style? And not wearing a bra? Photos would help a lot to gage what would look good on you but if you can get by the way you are why worry about wearing a wig? It wouldn't add you appearent passability....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos